Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »TO: The Lane Hackers CC: A/)-Nightshade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: K-2-L-2A 'Leviathan'
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: XGXyakK.png]

Salutations to you, associates and higher ups within the Lane Hackers. I am Leviathan, of the Technocracy.

Its been a long time. I hope these past few years have been flourishing to your operations.

I understand that one of our own has made attempts at establishing contact - Nightshade. I've included them here to better streamline any future talks that might occur. That being said - Let's talk about our futures together, and how we can improve our connections.

Over the years - with records I'd be happy to provide - we've conducted mutual and successful business together, in sharing information and direct sale of valuable - yet dangerous - materials which otherwise would've found their way into corporate hands. I've been presented with an opportunity for us both to rekindle the strong ties we ought to maintain as two privacy-loving groups out in the Independent worlds. Beyond the mutual threats we face with The Libertonians, Bretonians and far worse, more eldritch threats that stalk the stars, there is much we've had to offer one another.

In particular, we've come across a problem that your expertise may be crucial in resolving. In the waning years of the Insurgency, my counterpart Revenant had purchased some Archer-Class cruisers, which suffer from Ageira's stranglehold on Liberty technology. Their power cores and relay systems are locked out. The Technocracy would be interested in having these security measures bypassed, as we move to place these cruisers into service.

This is but one step in a long series of tasks ahead of my people to finish this project. Naturally, I don't imagine this work comes cheap, but of course I'm open to negotiations. I'd love to know what your thoughts are on an opportunity to crack a pair of Liberty cruisers, and I'd be more than happy to financially compensate you for the efforts.

Yet still, I'm certain there's more business dealings we can discuss. How might we bridge this relationship of ours?

I eagerly await your response.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Mr.Ling.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10i.png][Image: 20i.png][Image: 30i.png][Image: 43i.png]

Leviathan,

Holy gross, base-layer Archers.

Yeah, the power relays, power core, and navigation systems should have Content Copy Protection and Tamper Protection Software/Hardware. I'll bring over a bypass for the nav-system later. The energy systems are going to be a bit worse. The long and short of it is that those are captured archers from actual Liberty forces. The archers that were used by the Insurgency were Battlegroup Harmony refits. The internal energy systems were switched out to something that didn't need an individual cracker for each one.

There are two ways to tackle this: Either find a drydock of Springfield class or greater to perform a specific powercore switch, or individually bypass the Ageira systems. One takes having a drydock with that capability and having a one-to-one mimic powercore to switch it with, and the other takes a lot of time running and monitoring the inversion-bypass hash and making the hardware adjustments it needs.

And, as you've guessed, neither of these are remotely inexpensive. Even when Fort Leniex was operational, it cost 5 Judicators to refit an Archer. The only people you saw running around in Archers were old Harmony captains and whatever proteges they trained up. It was something of an honor given to the worthy. Everything but the Nav software is going to cost a bit.

There certainly are more business dealings to discuss, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. See, I'm not like the rest of the Inner Circle. I'm a Pittsburgh runt with a one-track mind. Let's get through with the task at hand, and then chat more, yeah?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: wIFsCPq.gif]

User ID: xxxx ERR307:INVALIDID

Target ID:xx. K-2-L-2A 'Leviathan

Subject:xxxx Jolly Cooperation
xxxx
xxxx

Heyo heyo Leviathan!

Like Ling said, Ageira likes to lock their tech up tight and it's generally a pain in the ass to crack. Time, energy and braincell-consuming work. That being said, me and the girlies I run with might have an in worth exploring, might make a power systems swap possible. We'll get back to you on that.

And what comes after, who knows. I know we did good work together in the past, I've read the vaults. Plus we did good work recently too with that Cryer heist and the uh procurement of rare materials if you catch my drift. If you got some ideas for cool stuff we could work together on the future, we'd love to hear it.

XOXO
Chloe~ ♡
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138b.png][Image: 3.png]

Nav-system patches delivered. Signature on the receiving ticket is a Damien Kendall.

Also hey, Chloe. How you doin'?

Receiving Ticket:
X

...TRANSLATING DATA...

Aha, I always admired the prompt and professional nature The Hackers have.

Mr. Ling,

Your knowledge of the Judicator-class has caught my eye. I'm all too familiar with the ship, and the Fort it was designed in - that place and the lab its idea came from has its roots in my personal life, though that is ancient history. Nonetheless, I appreciate someone who cuts straight to the chase and delivers on their promises as promptly and professionally as you've done. I'm used to the formalities of The Inner Circle and life as a diplomat. That being said, it's nice to see progress being made. Quartermaster Kendall has confirmed the delivery. All I need from you now is a neural net bank account to wire your payment to, and then we can talk what steps come next.

Chloe,

I've taken some time to review our more recent history. Seems there was a quite a bit that took place in my absence, which inspires hope for a mutually beneficial future. You've mentioned recovering sensitive materials - perhaps there's something we can do in this capacity to increase productivity, as well as come to a greater understanding of just what we've been pulling out of there. Shared expeditions, and a joint study on Aergia Research Facility between our two groups on the recovered materials and other specimens, should that interest you. Beyond that, we've a wide variety of cybernetic augments that can be tailored to suit the needs of the individual - including improved interface software.

Do let me know if this caught your eye.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138a.png][Image: 3.png]

My personal account is LH~Mr.Ling

Don't call the Fort ancient history, you're gonna break my heart. I'm aging but I ain't old. As for what comes next, either I run around Liberty and try to catch a detailed scan of the most up-to-date Archer's internal systems, the Technocracy builds a replica power system and re-specified parts to replace it, and then we find a drydock big enough and advanced enough to do a full high-precision parts exchange, or I bring a crew of guys down there with the mcT:Abd:001:BypS system to babysit it for however long it takes, plus having a crew of engineers on standby to make the adjustments or replace the parts that the system says to.

Choice is yours, honestly. Either one lets me do something other than sit in my Hackcave under my Hackmansion playing Hackgames on my Hackcomputer.

[Image: wIFsCPq.gif]

User ID: xxxx ERR307:INVALIDID

Target ID:xx. K-2-L-2A 'Leviathan

Subject:xxxx Jolly Cooperation
xxxx
xxxx

Ayo sorry it took a while, things have been HECTIC lately hoo-ey!

I got good news on my end tho, kinda sorta, our angle is a go, it just might take more time and elbow grease than we thought. We're gonna use a shell company we got rolling to get some old Archer wrecks off the Insurgency Bering cleanup, get em up to spec then swap out the internals for duds after we fry the powercore testing out prototype weaponry. Or at least that's the story we're selling the Navyboys overseeing the thing.

Upside is we can probably hollow the thing out of a lot more than just the powercore before we wheel em out to be used as target practice. Downside is, like I said, lot more work and time. But I'm sure y'all would appreciate some extra mil-spec parts, right?

Also we are totes interested in what's hiding on those servers, defo gotta get cracking on those. Also got another project in mind I might float you guys' way, something that showed up when we were doing some scouting for these Archers, heh heh.

XOXO
Chloe~ ♡
...TRANSLATING DATA...

Apologies for the delay. Like Chloe said, things indeed have been hectic.

Mr. Ling,

My time in the Legion pre-dates Battlegroup Harmony's first steps outside of the Navy by close to a decade. Rest assured that when I refer to ancient history, I speak of my own.

The suggestions you provided are more than adequate, and I've sent them to the Directorate for review. I'll be pushing for a decision to be finalized in the next twenty-four hours from this message. In the meantime, I've forwarded the first payment for your delivery. I trust you'll find it adequate for only part one of this little endeavor of ours.

Say, are Hunter, Weisen and Scorpius still alive?

Chloe,

Your use of shell companies takes me back. I respect the hustle.

Perhaps there's a way that you, our good friend Mr. Ling and myself can find a middle-ground for this. Depending on what you're able to haul out of the old battle grounds, with Mr. Ling's knowledge and a few old scans I may have kicking around, there's a possibility that we can indeed finish this puzzle off. Why the Insurgency sold us duds is a question for their ghosts, I suppose. Though - that's entirely dependent on what those above me decide to pursue. Even so, we can always do with additional components, especially for upkeep purposes. I'd be delighted to pay for anything special you uncover - and even more delighted to hear about what you found.

The Expeditionary teams are currently reconsolidating and making plans for a journey to collect samples for R&D. They're interested in doing a more comprehensive study on everything they can get their hands on. I'll have somebody reach out to set up something more concrete in that regard.

As for the servers... The events surrounding them are something I've only recently become aware of, and the nuances of that operation elude me. This is likely a task for whoever was involved specifically. I'll include it in the request to the Directorate.

You'll both hear from me soon.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138b.png][Image: 3.png]

The only people I've got active pings for are myself and Goldfinger. Most of the Inner Circle are keeping their heads down for the time being. Can't say I blame them. I probably should have as well, but I've got this awful habit of pushing my luck.

So, alive? Most definitely. It'd take the combined forces of a House to hunt down the likes of Scorpius. Locatable? Probably not. I know I couldn't find them if I tried.