Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: >: Phoenix Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tTbmory.png]

TARGET:
SENDER:
SOURCE:
Phoenix Command
Dr. Ulrich Kron, CAI
R.V. Tranquility

Greetings,

I am Dr. Ulrich Kron, current Chief Research Officer of the Crayter Astronomical Institute. We are an organization of scientists and explorers of the Crayter Republic, focused, as name implies, on astronomy. On behalf of our organization, allow me to greet you.

I am no diplomate thus forgive my lack of fancy wording: our Institute is interested in forming a prolonged expedition beyond the Edge Nebula, aimed on discovering new, potentially colonizable worlds, charting valuable resource deposits and exploring wonders outside the Sirius Sector. Having in mind your experience of surviving in the harsh environment of Edge Worlds, and the successful expedition outside Sirius, we would like to offer a collaboration that would include but not end on crew training, designing a suitable starship and her further construction, mutual charting operations, et cetera.

The Institute hopes that this offer interests you and is waiting for your response.

Best regards,
Dr. Ulrich Kron
Crayter Astronomical Institute

Hello,

My name is Nova Young, I represent Research and Exploring Department of the Phoenix.

It's rather curious that you're asking our group about colonization, even though you've been quite successful in these endeavors yourself. In any case, I was contentedly surprised to read your message, as we have not previously shared this information except with our allies.

We have previously had a great exodus from the Sirius sector, better known as the Great Voyage, also several expeditionary missions into uncharted space, so some experience we have in the uncharted sectors.

Cooperation is possible, but you should keep in mind, we are not a charitable organization and survive in Nomad infested regions, constantly fighting due to existential threat. so you should offer something that will interest our group as a whole.

TARGET:
SENDER:
SOURCE:
Phoenix Command
Dr. Ulrich Kron, CAI
R.V. Tranquility

Miss Young,

The pleasure is mine.

We have indeed had success at colonizing planets within the charted Sirius where we could easily provide supplies to newly founded colonies and defend them in case of need or give enough time for those people to pack their belongings and retreat to safety if threat is too much for us to deal with, like was the Gallic Royal Navy at the time. However, that part of Sirius is becoming more densely populated. One would say, it almost feels like space is shrinking, making us hit heads. Nevertheless, back to the topic.

If you do have something more specific in mind, please do say it. As for now, we can offer you our logistics aid, for example supplying you with medical equipment. We are not a military organization thus we cannot provide any military assistance; however we can help in establishing a diplomatic channel to our Republic's Armed Forces so you could negotiate mutually beneficial deals.

Does it sound appealing to you?

Best regards,
Dr. Ulrich Kron

This sounds very interesting to us. Despite all the experience gained in the Great Voyage we have been faced with a lack of funds and resources to build an underground Orontes settlement on the planet Palmyra, in Omicron Zeta. Although all the excavation, study of the planet's geology and activity, design documents have been established and signed off on by the leadership.

If you could help us in building the logistics chains and partially funding the project, that would be great. Furthermore, the experience of building this colony could be very valuable to you, as the conditions on the planet are best described by the phrase "against all odds". And while the geology more than allows for permanent structures to be erected, the extreme cold, blowing winds makes a difference.

TARGET:
SENDER:
SOURCE:
Phoenix Command
Dr. Ulrich Kron, CAI
R.V. Tranquility

Miss Young,

Some people from the government have become quite interested in this project and wish to take matters in their hands. They are going to send an envoy to your central station, the Kadesh Orbital, I believe, to discuss details and make a formal agreement regarding the project. Please expect the official message soon.

Best regards,
Dr. Ulrich Kron

My supervisors have had a change of plans and have requested to contact you again. Hopefully your representation is still around and we can correct thier composition.

We have ship that had been tied to the shipyard for a quite long time. Our group had some pretty high expectations to finish its rework in a set deadline, but so far they have not been met. It's a relatively ancient vessel, but has been rebuilt many times, in various parts. But some of the decks have been left untouched in terms of their original technological design.

Tell me, do you have the experience and capability to build the propulsion and or powerplant systems? I can't tell you all the details of the project yet, as I am not sufficiently informed about it, we have more competent people in this matter. But I have already requested information and I will be able to deliver more deeply into the details of this project.