Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Eclipse Vanguard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: header-marlan-update.png]

<::To: Eclipse Vanguard;
<::From:
WARNING - IDENTIFIER DEPRECATED;
<::User Ident: Ensign Mark Lathrop, Order Primary Fleet, STATUS: REVOKED;
<::Message Commences;

Greetings to whoever among you this reaches.

Sorry if using an outdated ident raised any flags, it has been over a decade since I've spoken with anyone from The Order. As it suggests, I am Mark Lathrop, formerly an Ensign with The Order Primary Fleet. I was out of the Omicrons and dark on comms when we lost Toledo, much to my eternal shame. There's not much else to tell about that, but if I need to submit to any questioning on the matter then I'll comply at a later date. Suffice to say that since then I have done what I can to pick myself back up over the years and now find myself at the head of an IMG affiliate called the "New Dawn Initiative".

This is why I'm reaching out. Through contacts I have recently become aware of the Eclipse Vanguard and your efforts in the Omicrons, in this case more specifically the acquisition and processing of Iridium. While I am not much use to The Order as a pilot it struck me that I may once again be of service to humanity in a different capacity. As a registered IMG affiliate I am uniquely positioned to transport your Iridium to places your agents cannot easily reach, generating capital for The Order and Eclipse. Having evaluated the potential routes and buyers one such opportunity would allow me to arrange return deliveries of processed gold which I have no doubt would prove invaluable.

In addition to this I would also be more than happy to keep an ear to the ground within the Guild and any other organisation we deal with, the least I can do given that I am evidently not up to the task of active duty anymore. I'm sure I don't need to get into how such networking could be of use to you. Any such communication would have to be with myself directly though rather than my group. They are just people trying to get by. Dealing with The Order logistically is fine and good, but I would not burden them with matters of humanity's defence.

If this is of interest to you then I simply ask that you make your people aware and to expect us from time to time. If you need to reach me again I can make one such trip personally to establish a secure line of comms that doesn't flag a warning every time and answer any questions.

Please, let me know so I can make arrangements one way or the other.

<::Message Ends;

[Image: footer-marlan-update.png]

[Image: beard-stubble-s-1298383848.png]
Date: A.S.834.4.4
Name: Ein Glophil
Recipient: Mark Lathrop
Subject: Reply to trade request

Good evening, Sir. I am Captain-Ein Glophil of the Eclipse Vangrand. It is indeed a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

I am heartened by the fact that you and the other survivors, having endured the harrowing defeat at Toledo, still cling to the memory of The Order. It pains us deeply to acknowledge the loss of those who were not as fortunate, perishing in that desolate expanse of stars. Their sacrifice will not be forgotten.

We are currently endeavoring to revitalize the Mu system, striving to revive both the economic and military prowess that characterized our past. Our efforts have been promising thus far. Nevertheless, any and all assistance is gratefully accepted, particularly from those who cherish the memory of their home planet. In doing so, we aim to foster a relationship with mutual respect and favorable terms.

Please pardon my candor, but I must emphasize that loyalty to The Order is non-negotiable. I will not condone betrayal, and anyone who attempts to overstep this boundary will face stern consequences. I implore you to keep this principle firmly in mind.

In closing, I look forward to a long-standing and fruitful collaboration. I am confident that together, we can reap significant benefits.

May our partnership flourish under the guiding light of The Order.

Ein Glophil
The Eclipse Vanguard

[Image: header-marlan-update.png]

<::To: Eclipse Vanguard;
<::From:
WARNING - IDENTIFIER DEPRECATED;
<::User Ident: Ensign Mark Lathrop, Order Primary Fleet, STATUS: REVOKED;
<::Message Commences;

A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Captain. I could not agree more. Perhaps in this small way I can honour that memory.

I will make arrangements for some trial runs then and ditch this outdated identifier in the process.

With regards to loyalty, you need not worry about my people or I. Some things never leave you, and as such I make sure to vet heavily for potential infected and or those that might be tempted to sympathise with our enemy. The K'hara and their ilk are a threat to all life in Sirius not their own and I dearly hope we can one day see them gone for good. Obviously I cannot commit militarily, beyond matters of self-defence, to anything in the Omicrons as it would violate the nature of status within The Guild, but I'll make up for that if you let me.

With that said, I had best get to work then. I look forward to meeting you and the others in person some day, hopefully soon.

For Humanity.

<::Message Ends;

[Image: footer-marlan-update.png]

[Image: beard-stubble-s-1298383848.png]
Date: A.S.834.4.5
Name: Ein Glophil
Recipient: Mark Lathrop
Subject: Reply to trade request

I have learned that The Order is still in your heart, then all worries are pointless.

Don't worry that you don't do enough, as I stressed, you keep the memory of the Order alive, and we are always grateful for whatever you can do to help the Order. As for the military issues that you are concerned about, as you can see, we have done our best to resist the threat of Nomad, but we will never force any of our friends to participate in our struggle.

And security, there's no question about that, we will try to create a secure environment for our transactions, I don't like to make any empty promises for anyone, but this time, you can count on us.

Finally, welcome to the Omicron Mu system, and if I happen to be on vacation, I'll be happy to invite you to my office's reception room for a drink.

Ein Glophil
The Eclipse Vanguard