Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sylpheed's Liberty Rogues to the newly independent pirate Polaris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission: Ben Faraday, Liberty Rogues Hellhound

Polaris. Where to begin?

We the Liberty Rogues have been keeping our sometimes benevolent, often baleful eye on you for a long time. Longer than you'd imagine. Ever since you first showed your face around Liberty and on our prowling grounds, we've been hearing about you - and, almost without exclusion, reports haven't been good. 'Course, we're Liberty Rogues, we're not in the habit of writing dossiers, but bar talk gets around and bar talk is more than enough for us to base a case on. You're greedy. Obstinate. You don't play well with others, and you're not all that bright - you never know when to fight and when to run or what course of action would be wisest and best. Your head isn't just hard - hell, it's titanium-plated, and probably stuffed with rocks to boot.

We could forgive you all that, sure. We have in the past. We tend to have a high tolerance level for brothers-in-arms that aren't overly burdened with intelligence. Yeah, we could overlook that you don't listen and that you seem to think you have some sort of right to order others around without cause or reason. We could just instruct you (possibly with the help of a blackjack or a brick in a sack) to leave thinking and laying out plans to the big boys (us, that is) and to stick to shooting the people we point out to you.

However, that little stunt you just pulled over in Texas was the straw that broke the camel's back. This isn't even your first offense in this regard - you periodically gather up every half-wit populating our bases and lead them in a moronic crusade against whatever unfortunate sod happens across your path. It's not just a nuisance for us to have to clean up your messes - as it seems you never actually accomplish anything like this, and, in fact, usually lose your gunboat (Sylpheed's property, by the way) and cause most of your hangers-on to die - it's a colossal pain in the rear. You're the Rogues equivalent of a gigantic hemorrhoid. I would give a goddamn fortune to learn where you find new victims to lead to their deaths, and why they actually listen to you (as you're about as convincing or effective a leader as a pickled frog), but that's beside the point. We've had enough, Polaris. It's not just that you're an incompetent - as I said, we could theoretically overlook that - but it's that you actively endanger those around you. We're Rogues, you prat, not berserkers, and our goals don't involve dimwitted slaughter orgies - not to mention that our hard-won cover's blown every time you run screaming at a cop, a Navy pilot, a group of giggling schoolgirls, or whatever the hell you choose to direct your existential anguish at.

Effective immediately, you're excommunicated from the Liberty Rogues and banished from Liberty. That means we, Sylpheed's Rogues, consider you an outcast and a renegade from this moment on. If we catch sight of you within Liberty space or elsewhere on our stomping ground, you'll be gunned full of more holes than a Swiss cheese. You're denied landing rights on all bases Sylpheed owns and operates (we hope that particular bit will also go for our allies, the Lane Hackers, Hellfire Legion, and Outcasts). We can't actually strip you of your Rogues identification, not even by force (we'd have to catch and beat you first, and none of us really want to touch you - we're squeamish), so I suppose you can continue to skulk about under Rogues colors, but we'll make your life hell if we get wind of it. Your gunboat and weaponry are considered Sylpheed's property; they're to be turned in to any Rogues suppliers, and we'll confiscate them by force if you don't play ball.

Is that everything? I believe so. Now get out of my sight.

Transmission Ended
Comm Id: Crime Boss Sylpheed

Yep that'll do. Anyone associating with Polaris is also tarred with this brush. This is the end of the negotiation.

Sylpheed Out.

Oh my its so much to read.. i think i will just pass.. Time to arm the missile boat... Boys we are going to war with the "Boss" boss this: *Waves with one finger*
Oh did i forget to Hand over my dirty laundry? You should clean it after me. I hope you going to enjoy it i added little extra sauce.

Mort murmured silently as he read through the transmission and narrowed his eyes some at the mention of that gunboat. Changing the transmission target, he hrmmed to himself, before the connection was made.

Greetin's boys. Better gear up the Mother, we got's a few troublemakers o our turf, usin' missiles. Let's see who got's the bigger ones.

With a satisfied grin, Mort slunk back i the pilot's seat of his Barghest. Payback time.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
COMM ID: Amy Carmichael, Director of Liberty Operations, Junkers Congress
TARGET ID: Polaris
CC: Liberty Rogues, Alcatraz Depot, California System
BCC: All Junkers in Liberty

Well. Seems Polaris is a pariah.

Shoulda done this when you started attacking us, but now seems I have no choice. Polaris, you are no longer welcome at any Junker base within Liberty. That means Rochester, Beaumont, Allentown and Thunder Bay are now closed to you and your gang of giggling idiots.

Junkers, if you see Polaris coming towards any of our bases in Liberty, make him leave. By force, if necessary.

Rogues, hope this helps. Maybe he'll leave if he can't find any safe harbour within Liberty.

END TRANSMISSION
' Wrote:INCOMING TRANSMISSION
COMM ID: Amy Carmichael, Director of Liberty Operations, Junkers Congress
TARGET ID: Polaris
CC: Liberty Rogues, Alcatraz Depot, California System
BCC: All Junkers in Liberty

Well. Seems Polaris is a pariah.

Shoulda done this when you started attacking us, but now seems I have no choice. Polaris, you are no longer welcome at any Junker base within Liberty. That means Rochester, Beaumont, Allentown and Thunder Bay are now closed to you and your gang of giggling idiots.

Junkers, if you see Polaris coming towards any of our bases in Liberty, make him leave. By force, if necessary.

Rogues, hope this helps. Maybe he'll leave if he can't find any safe harbour within Liberty.

END TRANSMISSION
*giggles*

My that is so kind of you..

*giggles*
Incoming transmission...
Sender: Captain Ayumu Ishida
To: Liberty Rogues and Polaris
Subject: Recent Banishment

Apparently my Scimitar's scanners are working better than I thought.

If I ever find that ship moored with Cape Wrath, it's getting fumigated. We have a wide array of chemicals that can be used for this, and I have some people working on a new cocktail just for exterminating rogue Rogues.

So far, it's proven quite effective on the captives we've tested it on. Death takes a few days, but a deep unconciousness sets in only minutes after inhalation. If they hold their breath, they find that it creates a burning pain on their skin, which conveniently leads to them gasping in shock, and inhaling the poison. I'll spare you the more gruesome details of how it kills them, but I will say that few things damage one's lungs the way this mixture does. The only drawback is that it's somewhat difficult to wash out of the recently-vacated ship or detention cell.

I have no control over our other bases, but I'll relay this to the people who do. I imagine the Brigade will be quite interested.

Tsukumogami out.

End of transmission.

*transmission begins*

Hello there. I was sitting here on Arecibo when some Junkers mentioned this communique. I do hope I'm not intruding, but as occasional business partners with the Rogues of Liberty, it seems this could be an issue.

So this fellow is causing trouble, ja? I do hope then that he doesn't come to visit Rheinland. We have enough trouble. I'll make sure to tell everyone to keep an eye open. Or maybe both. It would be bad if someone was flying along, hit an asteroid, and got something in their eye, rendering them unable to keep that one open to watch out for, well, rogue Rogues.

*transmission ends*