Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kadesh HF replace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I think it'd look alot better with civvy textures, borderworlds doesnt suit the pure utility-oriented look.

Apart from that though, imports must be destroyed! So, good work.
Okay, there's a pic for the Kadesh Freighter replacement, but i don't see any for the Kadesh HF anymore?
Enables me to use a little smily the first time

[Image: worthless.gif]
Truth be told the vessel makes me somewhat wary.

One thing that I enjoyed about the aesthetic dropped by the Kadesh line is that they are/were somewhat singular in form. While there is a measure of truth to the unfortunate maggot description, the smooth white lines and interestingly unique textures set them apart.

The white maggot, for example, is employed by a few as a medical vessel as its general look fits the bill nicely. Which is why I rather like the ship, as very few people need employ vessels such as freighters beyond their first four million credits the niches some of them fill towards satisfying certain imagined roles are very nice.

Which is why I'm not altogether sure that this vessel is a suitable replacement, as it seems to primarily fall into the same general aesthetic group as the camara.

Now do not get me wrong. I do like the model and do want to see more utility vessels in the mod. But as a -replacement- for one design philosophy for another I feel that it falls very fall short of ideal. The design replacement of the Junker Freighter is a great example of how I think some of the little token ship's we've received from homeworld can be given a makeover to fit the bill, given an injection of FL rather than uprooted entirely.

Ergo I dun liek it as a Kadesh replacement LOLOL.

But please do submit it as its own vessel if you decide that there's a measure of wisdom here.
Dusty makes some good points. Although this doesn't mean that I dont think the Kadesh needs replaced at some point anyway.

Quote:But please do submit it as its own vessel if you decide that there's a measure of wisdom here.
This I dont agree with. What you said earlier in your post Dusteh, about it looking like the Camara.. see where this is going?

Camara model is a blasphemous Star Wars import, so I don't see why this model of Jinx's couldn't replace it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5