Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea: The KoS list displayed in game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright I really think I got a good one this time (Baltar helped with the idea as well). One that only affects how things are displayed, so much less potential for abuse, I hope.

/KoS <charname> <reason>
  • adds player to a FLhook maintained KoS list and records the user.
  • Limited to select players (in official factions?) who need to see forum RP to use it.
  • Costs 2-10 (admins can decide this, feel free to comment though) million.
  • Cant use on anyone below lvl 40.
Anyone on a KoS list displays differently in game to anyone with a tag and ID matching (or corresponding guard tag/ID) the user. Preferably a tag before their name but anything would be good really, if this is even doable.

/KoS? <charname>
  • displays KoS lister and reason
/KoSt
  • displays KoS lister and reason for target
/KoSCheck
  • lists every faction who's KoS list you are on.
/bribe <faction>
  • Removes you from that factions KoS list.
  • Costs 1-10 (admins can decide this, feel free to comment though) million. It could cost more or less than the KoS order, though I would lean towards less or equal. Additionally, the KoS order could be made for different amounts of money and then the briber would have to pay the same, some fraction of or some multiple of that original amount.
/KoSRemove <charname>
  • Removes a char from the KoS list
  • Can only be used by the poster or a someone with special privileges perhaps?
Discuss!
Well thought out idea taz, I like it. It would be great for my hunter to just go on, check the KOS list and find someone whose enemy with the BHG.

Would you stay on for ever, like untill you bribe. Or will your name go off over time or if you get killed by a player a certain number of times.

Ow..nice idea in total, but wouldn't it be abused for pvp? I mean now hunters cant hunt anyone if they don't have a forum written bounty on them...would the KOS list be used as a loophole for PVP?
' Wrote:Ow..nice idea in total, but wouldn't it be abused for pvp? I mean now hunters cant hunt anyone if they don't have a forum written bounty on them...would the KOS list be used as a loophole for PVP?
No more talking! Bad dragon!

ummm.... they need to be reviewed by someone in the chosen faction? They cannot be used against someone with an allied ID, though, this would limit it's usefulness a lot...

Additionally a review system would be a pain in the but to code it seems.... I will think on this.
The general idea is kind of neat. As another requirement, I'd suggest having a minimum in game time, as well. Nothing astronomical, just enough to ensure existing characters are the ones to do this.

Also, perhaps have it restricted to Guard IDs by default? Then also have it check names (and have a system to authorize groups of varying sorts); If they have the necessary portion in their name, it would allow them to also do so? This would kind be a negative for the various independent IDs, but then if they're not part of a larger group, who are they asking to kill said target?

Combined with a bounty system, though, I think things would work out nicely.
' Wrote:The general idea is kind of neat. As another requirement, I'd suggest having a minimum in game time, as well. Nothing astronomical, just enough to ensure existing characters are the ones to do this.

Also, perhaps have it restricted to Guard IDs by default? Then also have it check names (and have a system to authorize groups of varying sorts); If they have the necessary portion in their name, it would allow them to also do so? This would kind be a negative for the various independent IDs, but then if they're not part of a larger group, who are they asking to kill said target?

Combined with a bounty system, though, I think things would work out nicely.

Hmmm, another good point, guard ID is not a bad idea but not everyone has a guard ID.... How about limiting it to certain players (factionalized preferably). Each faction will have a thread where a request must be posted and then the person will be added if the money is payed and the story checks out?
' Wrote:Hmmm, another good point, guard ID is not a bad idea but not everyone has a guard ID.... How about limiting it to certain players (factionalized preferably). Each faction will have a thread where a request must be posted and then the person will be added if the money is payed and the story checks out?

While not everyone has a Guard ID, my thought was that at least one person among members of an official faction (and I'm sure that extends to many groups) would.

Of course, limiting it to certain players would also make some sense, but it seems it would require more work. Though, what if there was a request area, but also it was set up to start that anyone with the official factions' tag in their name and x amount of time in game (enough to spot any problematic types) would be able to do it? Then unofficial factions and various groups could post in the request area?
' Wrote:While not everyone has a Guard ID, my thought was that at least one person among members of an official faction (and I'm sure that extends to many groups) would.

Of course, limiting it to certain players would also make some sense, but it seems it would require more work. Though, what if there was a request area, but also it was set up to start that anyone with the official factions' tag in their name and x amount of time in game (enough to spot any problematic types) would be able to do it? Then unofficial factions and various groups could post in the request area?

What I meant was not every faction has a guard faction.

I wouldn't mind making this an official faction power personally, as long as others could put people on the list with a forum request. The other, less code heavy (i think), option would be to grant list adding and taking away permission to just one character per official faction and then the official faction(s) can share the account ID with all the high ranking members.
' Wrote:What I meant was not every faction has a guard faction.

I wouldn't mind making this an official faction power personally, as long as others could put people on the list with a forum request. The other, less code heavy (i think), option would be to grant list adding and taking away permission to just one character per official faction and then the official faction(s) can share the account ID with all the high ranking members.

Don't all the rather combative factions have one? Gallia might not, but just let everyone from there do so. Otherwise, it's corporations and such who don't, and I think it'd be more logical for them to let the authorities handle things anyway.

The one per official faction thing, though, makes plenty of sense, too.
' Wrote:Don't all the rather combative factions have one? Gallia might not, but just let everyone from there do so. Otherwise, it's corporations and such who don't, and I think it'd be more logical for them to let the authorities handle things anyway.

The one per official faction thing, though, makes plenty of sense, too.

Gallic factions do not and non combative factions do not. For a non-combative faction the list would serve more as a "stay the heck away from that guy" list. So pirates could be put on it for instance, in addition to them being added to the authorities KoS lists.

I would like to add that if it was only an official faction power that could only be used by indies by forum posts it would encourage more people to get on the forums and also encourage them to interact more.
Pages: 1 2 3