Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junkers and You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Anyone who deals with Junkers knows they live by a strict code; if you're not a Junker, you're not part of the family. A Junker will double-cross you without a second thought, and they're fiercely protective of each other.

Due to recent incidents (not just the one today) and the shocked and angry feedback I've received in their wake, I'm feeling the need to underline this. I'm going to stress the "fiercely protective of each other" bit as this seems to often be the snag.

Let's say a Junker transport gets caught in a lane camp. He receives a demand, he does not comply. He comes under fire, he fights back, he gets shot down. Or, he opens fire and tries to fight his way out, and dies. Done and done, yes? What if friends of that party want revenge?

It's happened more than once that people give me "But we're allies" and "it was just business" bit. These are often people that use Junker bases as readily as those of their own faction.

I need to clarify the Junker standpoint here: they are no one's friends. They strike up partnerships of opportunity, they are smooth-talking and amicable. But if it's worth more to see someone dead rather than continue the charade, the mask comes off and the fangs are bared.

I've underlined this with the Congress and drilled it into the members, and I'm going to reiterate it here. Junkers are bastards. They have no real delusions about being the good guys, and no real values aside from a free-market ideology. There are individuals who play their characters differently, but being secretly insular and mixing business partnership with betrayal is a core part of the Junker RP. Not everything we do is morally right in RP or 'honorable' in terms of gameplay, as some would believe such things should be conducted by all factions at all times.

Any comments, questions or flames, or just tell me I'm awesome: feel free to discuss the topic here.
You are awsome. No other comments besides a round of applause. And that if i see anyone attacking a Junker , you best bet that ill come guns-blazing.
Just dont get upset when people treat the Junkers like they are untrustworthy bastards.
Dont worry , i wont. Although if someone does that, i blackmail them... most of the time at least. Its good to have a hand on almost everyones pocket.
"I'll pay, but all that money will come out of my Cardamine/Artifacts/Ship parts fund, and im sure that your Outcasts/Corsairs/ *insert lawfull force here* bosses wont be that glad."
' Wrote:Just dont get upset when people treat the Junkers like they are untrustworthy bastards.

Believe it or not, this is how I expect the faction to be treated.

When I play or write up RP as a Congress character, I keep in mind to balance the buddy-buddy aspects with the dark aspects. Also, to offer aid where needed not out of the goodness of my heart, but to benefit either in the short-term or long-term.

Junkers aren't the good guys anywhere they go, except to themselves. I'd go so far as to say they are what the Phantoms could be, with a good PR image and a solid commercial network.

This isn't to say individual Junker characters aren't good people at heart, but there's a certain mindset when one enters 'the brotherhood' that is taken on. Think along the lines of biker gangs; talk to a biker as an individual and he's a nice enough guy. The organization can even be credited with supporting commercial assets and 'policing' lesser criminal organizations. But underneath all the potential good and the amicability of its members, there's a lot of nasty stuff like drug smuggling and human trafficking. And a full-color biker will turn on anyone not in the gang, as that's just how it is.
I`m quiet the bastard, but also a good guy. Just dont get into my pocket to many times, and do not, but do not attack a junker in front of me, especialy a Congress member.

John Rome out
Hear, hear.

Amy conducts her business to benefit the Junkers first. Consider her proposed non-aggression pact with the Xenos: she didn't give two shakes about what the Xenos stood for or who they attacked, provided it wasn't Junkers.

She has but one ethic: if she makes a promise, she'll damn well keep it.
' Wrote:Just dont get upset when people treat the Junkers like they are untrustworthy bastards.

We are--but bastards of principle.

It's like the stories where someone signs a deal with the devil...he keeps it--to the letter...but the devil is in the details. Junkers are the devil.
Why oh why do I keep imagining Tinkerbell with hoofs now O.o

Junkers are ruthless business folk, my ones tend to double cross anyone who is expendable, unless they like them.
Interesting ideas. They're perfectly correct, too.

I should explain a certain position that I hold.
I'm a very well studied vanilla player. Very well. And at times, some of you may realize that I spend sleepless hours trying to reconcile some parts of this mod to my fevered mind, given changes that have been made. At other times, I have gotten into debates. But the matter still stands that I have a firm grounding in vanilla and see everything through that lens.

So, the Junkers.
They're really an interesting bunch - really, they are. They're a mysterious, introverted organization that has managed to infiltrate every house in Sirius except Kusari, where the Hogosha - a crime syndicate - rule.

In reading about the Junkers, you may find that some things are implied, but never completely stated about them. As I have said before, they're mysterious.

And my researched has led me to one conclusion about the Junkers.
If you take all the pieces of information you have about the Junkers, and put them together, you end up with Junkers. If you take a step back from this mural, though...

It's like those big pictures made up of little pictures.
If you take each little picture of information and put it together with the others, and step back from it all, you'll see the big picture, something very interesting about the Junkers that I think very few people actually realize.

They're a a syndicate. A Sirius wide crime syndicate comparable to the Mafia.

Do you know they and the Hogosha don't get along?

(They're both syndicates! Gangsters, like the Unione Corse!)

Look at the Unione Corse infocards. Almost identical in some places to the Junkers.
Compare that to the Junkers.
The Junkers just act as trashmen to keep a good PR image.

Think about this, read the infocards, and you'll realize that they are in fact a devious mob.
At least in vanilla. I'm not sure about now, but...

What I suppose I'm saying, Rudo, is that you are spot on in saying what you've said.
Pages: 1 2 3