Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Rheinland Bomber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
It Turns ALOT faster, and in the eyes of many, it is better then the Rheinland one. The only this is that It's basicaly has less of all the stuff that the RH one has, but It doesn't need them cause its pretty good already.

Verginix out
Hmmm...Thanks!
' Wrote:Hmmm...Thanks!

Let's put in this way... with equally skilled pilots, in PvP the Taiidan is likely kill the RH since the RH does not turn fast enough to hit the taiidan with novas. If you're fighting against Battlships the RH is far more effective.
In what way? They can both carry the same CD/T mounts. The only real way a bomber survives charging a Capship is agility...
More and more I've been starting to think that the presence of bombers is detrimental to Discovery.

My reasoning:
1. They can easily defeat most capships 1 on 1 while only being a fraction of the cost.

Groups can use fighters and bombers to defeat larger groups of fighters and capships.
Why? Because capships are ineffective against both fighters and bombers. The capships are often reduced to the role of spectator in fighter and bomber battles.
The side with the fighters and bombers goes after the other sides fighters first, and after taking them out can easily pick off the capships.

The problem here is that there will soon be no incentive to use capships and many will simply stop playing as the capships are one of the attractions over other mods.

2. They are replacing the job of many existing gunboats.
The gunboats with large forward gun are effectively a bomber as it is. They can be beaten by a well flown fighter or two but have considerable firepower against larger capships.
However, a single bomber can take on a gunboat and expect to win.

I have given it some thought and although it is possible to defend against bomber attacks in a capship through use of tactics, overall the bomber has the upper hand.

The balance of capships and fighters seems right.
The lack of ability for capships to take on fighters...or fighters to take on capships has never really been a problem.

Bombers completely change the game.
To prove it, I've used a bomber against several capships and won easily. I am not a very good fighter/bomber pilot(especially on high ping) and have no real desire to fly a bomber, however with the game dynamic changed to this extent, I will have no choice.
For me, the bomber takes much of the enjoyment out of the game.

Thoughts?
I've been starting to have those same thoughts. 7 in 10 people I see that are flying combat ships, are bombers. Taiiden and RH bombers. They are too good anti-capship and anti-fighter. They either need a downgrade in firepower, with nova having its power AND speed downgraded, or locked away on the Lost Battlestar.

Even if the RH bomber is scrapped, the nova still needs its speed reduction. I've beaten Korrd's battleship, which is not an easy thing to do, with simply my own bomber. Nothing else. Right now they are way overpowered, and armor from hell.
aye. After seeing over 500 mil worth of ships blown away on some of the best pilots the SF has to offer, in a 3 vs. 1 battle, I've decided its way too overpowered. no way a 60 mil ship should be able to kill battleships AND fighters
Exactly Koolmo. Heck, it shouldn't be able to kill a battleship without another ship supporting it or distracting the BS.
I think that the solution lies in making the Battleships more powerful, and nerfing aspects of the Bombers, such as armor and agility.

After flying the Taiidan, I totally understood what Dab and Koolmo are talking about. That ship was unrealistically maneuverable for a bomber...
The battleships need only a slight increase. Nothing more. 2 extra turrets and/or energy upped by 5% of its current. Thats it.

The bomber DOES need downgraded though. Simply upping one class of ship won't cancel out another. The bomber would still be powerful against the cruisers and frigates and GBs. Its too powerful, not the BS not powerful enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12