Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Rheinland Bomber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
1. Yes. It's already at a Rheinland location, and shouldn't be at Yaren

2. --

3. I think that just about everyone should have them. Every house has to use the Rheinland or Taiidan (mostly Rheinland), which can be somewhat understandable, but still a little bit out of the scope. However, when criminal factions begin using them, it's ridiculous, they're too easy to get, and I don't see any reason that a Rheinland bomber should be available to everyone (emphasis on criminals). However, it's nice to have the choice of the bomber, better than vanilla, as all of disco is:P

Hype:)
1: Seeing as its a Rhienland ship, it makes no sense having to buy it from Yaren

2: It's already there, but it says it was built by the GMG (So it really has no right to be there either)

3: Yes for both House and Pirate Bombers

' Wrote:1. It should NOT be moved.
2. It's already there.
3. Both pirate and house should have them.

I say they should not be moved because I have always thought it stupid that pirates cannot fly house ships. There is no rule in RP for that.

They should, however, sell the RM Bomber somewhere in Rheinland space.

Anyone should be able to buy a house ship, even a RM Gunboat, and do whateve they want with it.

There is no RP rule for that? RP basically covers and goes against that whole sentence buddy.......

The ONLY reason I could see someone like a pirate with that ship they wrote a VERY good RP story for it. And if your Targeting me with the Roddy and Rita RH gunboat, go find the thread Roddy & Rita and tell me that RP is not good enough to cover their reason for the RH GB.

Verginix Out
Its got to 'Nerf the bomber' time again now. One design flying once more, just like when I first got here. When
bless it, it had the manouverability of a good VHF, and twin nova torpedos
Now its just a small gunboat with added nova cannons instead. Hands up who doesn't have at least one ...
Uber ship and uber weps time, with little RP thought going into most of them. Ah well ...

Hoodlum
I haven't got a bomber, of either design.

Because I think both bombers are too agile.

Even spamming missiles, or using solaris, standard, corsair or any capship turret you can't hit abomber unless it's flying in a straight line.

Which means any half way decent pilot and fight a capship solo and have little to no trouble beating it.

Bombers should have to gang up to be able to inflict serious damage to a capship, not fly solo and win without trying.

As for your poll:-
1) yes,

2) no, as it's suppose to be a GMG ship it should get moved too,

3) Why not have a bomber for all houses and the outcasts.

The other pirate groups don't have the resources to develop bombers, they might (only if they're allied to the outcasts) be able to get a few though.

And to be honest the corsairs don't need one, they have the titan, a gunboat and a BS.
I agree the bomber should only be available from the guards base. In fact I reckon all elite non-vanilla ships, powerful weps and other uber-equipment should be available only on a guards base -- make you bl**dy well work for them. Be serious about RP.

1. Yes
2. w/e
3. Yes & yes -- based on respective house archetypes of course.
I really Hope Igiss look at this post before the Next mod release, because If he can't make or access new ships, Please think of moving them.........

Verginix Out
How little RP and exploration... *shakes head* disappointing fact so many don't know the Taiidan is sold on Yaren and others not knowing the Rh Bomber is sold in Rheinland too........ I pretty much share Marauder's opinions on this, the bombers are a little too agile (I didn't look at the numbers though), I flew both bombers and the Taiidan isn't nearly as crappy as people say (true, it's a little uglier maybe but looks just fine when you get used to it)... Anyway, yes, both bombers should be placed at locations according to their Infocards and in guard systems too. Also, bombers for all houses, and Outcasts/Corsairs would have the resources to build such ships but I'm with Marauder on this too, let the corsairs have the gunboat and the Outcasts the bomber. In that case all the pirate groups would have access to something, depending on the allegiance.
I dunno, the outcasts kinda spread their ships all over the sector, and I'm pretty sure the corsairs wouldn't like having a bunch of old, outdated gunboats sitting around to face the outcast + Co. hordes. I say for all Houses, Corsairs and Outcasts. And maybe a "civilan" bomber? for all theose Rheinland factions that run around in Hawks.

Bomber manuverability should be changed drastically though, its not fair to be able to mount 4 Class 10's, 2 Turrets, 2 Nova's, AND still be able to dogfight.
I voted for removing it.

If a single pirate finds his RP - like stealing one - okay.
If the RP goes the way, that corsairs stolen the plans and sell it now - why shouldn't they
upgrade it, switch some parts and give it a new name ? It would be a slap in the face and
increase the hate of the house, they stole it from to keep the name and sell it officially.

If the Rh-bomber is removed, why not selling a similar ship there - let the Taiidan be sold there.
Corsairs are a strong faction - same as Outcast (lmao - no discussion, about who's better, plz :laugh:)
They should both have a bomber.
Others - I see no reason for that. Rogues, Mollies, Unioners ... no ...

M
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12