Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RANDOM BAN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey i just installed the new fl mod and it took me ages because i had to do it manualy. after about 2 hours of installing it i finaly finished only to find when i tryed to connect i was banned, i havent done anything wrong i dont know why. if anyone can help in a way plz do.
Quote:hey i just installed the new fl mod and it took me ages because i had to do it manualy

By manually, do you mean unzipping and copying into freelancer folder? Kicked and banned by anticheat, most likely.
yea thats what i had to do, it took ages, but can i become unbanned, and how long dose the ban last??
Admins have clearly stated that they don't want to Discovery mod being installed manually.It causes some errors in game and can harm server itself.
So,you should do a complete reinstall of Freelancer and install Discovery mod 4.85 properly by using Freelancer Mod Manager.
So, basically, as stated by Igiss, banned till you can prove without doubt, you are using the mod manager.

Hoodlum
Oh so THIS is what I'm banned for? FLMM Has always been glitchy with me, and I didn't want to do a full reinstall just to unload the damn thing. This just... it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.... ugh. Unban me and I'll do a fresh install.
FLMM is required for a number of things to work in the mod (such as IDs being for sale/visible). I am not sure absolutely what happens, but I know for a fact that is does cause problems when the mod is installed manually since the mod is designed to be used by the mod-manager, not by manual installation.

PM me say... Screen shots of a properly activated mod in the Mod Manager and I will unban you.

Mod Final Version: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39728
Mod Installation Tutorial: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9244

Make sure to do a clean (re)install!
I'd just like to say that IDs were appearing just fine, and I had been playing for over a day before the ban with no bugs at all.

Secondly, I'll use FLMM, but I would really, REALLY appreciate it if the devs improved the mod so it didn't "fail to deactivate" every time I try to update.
I doubt that is a mod problem. More likely a conflict your OS has with the Mod Manager. As I said, attach an SS to a PM to me showing a properly activated mod, and I'll unban you.
Right. I'm unbanning you for now, since I must sleep (nearing 3 am!)... but I expect a nice screenshot posted to my inbox by the time I awake or I will have to reban you, unfortunately.
Pages: 1 2 3