Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transmission D'un Signal Inconnu Detecte - Possible Situation de Premiere Rencontre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
//Due to miner frak upping, mainly by me, I suppose I should say that this thread will get reworked, or should get ignored for the time being.//

Inconnu Transmission du Signal Detecte. Analysez? [Oui/Non]

Attendez S'il Vous Plait

Transmission Analyse Complete:

Type de transmission: Video/Audio
Format de Transmission: Legacy (Radio)
Frequence: Large
Foyer: Omnidirectionnel
Chiffrage: Aucun
Passer Trou Traversable: Oui
Point D'origine: Dounby Station
Repetition: Une fois toutes les 2 minutes.

Accepter/Recevoir Transmission? [Oui/Non]

Ouverture

[Image: imgyi6wh.jpg]

Greetings. I am Nickolas Hargreaves, Director of defence for the Independent Miners Guild, one of the major powers of the Orkney system and this surrounding sector. This transmission goes out to the unidentified station in this system, as well as any other unknown entities that may be within the minefield and beyond the gravitational anomaly we now believe is a jump-hole, located in said minefield.

For a number of weeks now, we have been observing your activities with what little scanners we have available. Ever since the fires in the minefield ceased, Junker activity in-system rose dramatically. Almost all business with these Junkers involved the purchase of alloy sheeting, docking ports and solar panels, all uncannily during the period of your bases construction. Furthermore, all of these Junkers had thick, strange accents and were piloting even stranger transports. The drive signatures of you ships are unknown, yet from what we can make out from the little information we have, you are definitely human. Are you really Junker or posing as them no Junker base has been built this far out before and like I said before, your accent is... different.

Who are you, where to you come from and what are your intentions for coming into this system? More importantly, do you come in peace? With the Outcasts attacking us relentlessly and an inter-house war at our doorstep, we do not favour another enemy. However, if you come for hostility we miners are hardy folk expect the fight to come to you in spades. Please do not take this as a threat to your kind though. Recent events and your.. peculiar entrance to our area of operations have made us apprehensive.

As with the Junkers we have had contact with, we can offer a number of commodities for mutual trade. Raw materials ranging from beryllium to deuterium can be readily supplied, though further negotiations for this can wait until a later date. The purpose of your presence is required before any further consideration is made.

I await your reply..

Extremite de Transmission.. Fermeture

Reponse? [Oui/Non]
' Wrote:Inconnu Transmission du Signal Detecte. Analysez? [Oui/Non]

Attendez S'il Vous Plait

Transmission Analyse Complete:

Type de transmission: Video/Audio
Format de Transmission: Legacy (Radio)
Frequence: Large
Foyer: Omnidirectionnel
Chiffrage: Aucun
Passer Trou Traversable: Oui
Point D'origine: Dounby Station
Repetition: Une fois toutes les 2 minutes.

Accepter/Recevoir Transmission? [Oui/Non]

Ouverture

[Image: yi6wh.jpg]

Greetings. I am Nickolas Hargreaves, Director of defence for the Independent Miners Guild, one of the major powers of the Orkney system and this surrounding sector. This transmission goes out to the unidentified station in this system, as well as any other unknown entities that may be within the minefield and beyond the gravitational anomaly we now believe is a jump-hole, located in said minefield.

For a number of weeks now, we have been observing your with what little scanners we have available. Ever since the fires in the minefield ceased, Junker activity in-system rose dramatically. Almost all business with these Junkers involved the purchase of alloy sheeting, docking ports and solar panels, all uncannily during the period of your bases construction. Furthermore, all of these Junkers had thick, strange accents and were piloting even stranger transports. The drive signatures of you ships are unknown, yet from what we can make out from the little information we have, you are definitely human. Are you really Junker or posing as them no Junker base has been built this far out before and like I said before, your accent is... different.

Who are you, where to you come from and what are your intentions for coming into this system? More importantly, do you come in peace? With the Outcasts attacking us relentlessly and an inter-house war at our doorstep, we do not favour another enemy. However, if you come for hostility we miners are hardy folk expect the fight to come to you in spades. Please do not take this as a threat to your kind though. Recent events and your.. peculiar entrance to our area of operations have made us apprehensive.

As with the Junkers we have had contact with, we can offer a number of commodities for mutual trade. Raw materials ranging from beryllium to deuterium can be readily supplied, though further negotiations for this can wait until a later date. The purpose of your presence is required before any further consideration is made.

I await your reply..

Extremite de Transmission.. Fermeture

Reponse? [Oui/Non]

Bonjour M'sieur Nikolas, I can confirm Oui Le Junkers you have seen flying through Orkney are not Imposters but in fact Originate from des Gauloises Sector. And there are Junker Bases in Gallia they trade to and From, but as the dominate Pirate force in Gallia we sternly tax these Royal Sympathizers as we do all Outsiders. If you happen to pick any ships on your scanners of the callsigns {Les~Vampirs} , {L~V} they are not Junkers but Gallic Brigand Operatives! do not be shy to say Bonjour.
I hope this has answered your query Au Revoir et bonne chance,
Capitaine Diablo des Vampirs signing off.......
' Wrote:Bonjour M'sieur Nikolas, I can confirm Oui Le Junkers you have seen flying through Orkney are not Imposters but in fact Originate from des Gauloises Sector. And there are Junker Bases in Gallia they trade to and From, but as the dominate Pirate force in Gallia we sternly tax these Royal Sympathizers as we do all Outsiders. If you happen to pick any ships on your scanners of the callsigns {Les~Vampirs} , {L~V} they are not Junkers but Gallic Brigand Operatives! do not be shy to say Bonjour.
I hope this has answered your query Au Revoir et bonne chance,
Capitaine Diablo des Vampirs signing off.......

Hargreaves strained his ears at the audio-only transmission. Communications operatives on Dounby could only give a general direction to where the weak signal was coming from, but it was enough to show that it originated from or near the jumphole and not the unknown station.

The person talking was much harder to understand, using many words and phrases no Sirian had ever heard before. The accent was much thicker than any of the trading "Junkers", possibly indicating that those guys had a crash course in Sirian articulation before setting out from dez.. dez Gowl... He couldn't even pronounce it. Also, back to the Junkers - there's Junker bases where they are? Surely that absurd notion isn't true, or at least their "Junkers" are unrelated to the ones known in Sirius. The short message only created more questions rather than answering them, and half of the message itself he could not translate properly..

However, something from one of the words, Gallia... He thought he heard it used once before a long long time ago, like during the long, boring old legends of the sleeper ships his grandfather forced him to listen to. But... He wasn't quite sure - couldn't put his finger on it..

Hargreaves pulled himself out of his reverie to listen to the message once more. At least out of the thick accent he could recognise some words, namely "dominate pirate force" and "we tax". To think that the first contact with these people would be not from the unidentified station as expected and desired, but from a lowly bunch of pirates.. He felt rather dissapointed. Then again, at least he got a response - something at least to discuss with Guildmaster Masterson when he next boarded the Comoros.

Sitting back down to his quarter's comm unit, Hargreaves called up the station communications deck. Within seconds the holodisplay flickered into showing the head of a young, headset-sporting man.

"Yes, yes.. This is the communications deck. What do yo- oh! Director! What can I help you with?"

The sheepish Op. cringed as Hargreaves replied with a distasteful stare.

"This... Brigand message, was there a particular format and frequency in which it was sent to us?"
"Uhh, yes. I'll send is to your console right away. They appear to use a header like we do, though the tags are labelled in some different language.. We assume though that from top to bottom they are recipient, sender, and subject title respectively, though we are not entirely sure..."
"Hmm. I'll be sending you a reply shortly that I want sent back on narrow-beam. Use both their and a version of our transmission formats - see if we can get them to work towards the goal of not having to scratch heads identifying eachothers mesages. Once that's done, send a compressed databurst to the Comoros - highest encryption. Include everything we have gleaned so far. It isn't much, but we sure as hell don't want anyone else knowing about this yet.."

The Comms Op. saluted and Hargreaves turned away from the console. As he was about to cut the connection however, the young man piped up again.

"Uhh.. Director, what do you want us to do with our first message? That station there hasn't responded yet."

Hmm.... For someone that wasn't afraid of building a station in plain view to scanners, they were being very ignorant to people's communications.

"Up the transmitter power 100 kilowatts - yes, I know that's the transmitter limit.. Just do it. Drown out all of their own comunications whilst we're transmitting until someone there responds between the breaks. That should get some attention."
"Yes sir!"

Hargreaves jabbed at the "cut call" button before anything else could be said, and slumped back into his seat. He couldn't wait until he could take his Raven's Talon back to the Pathfinder and get out of this place. But before that could happen, he had to determine just who all these unknown people were...

Deux signaux entrants de transmission ont detecte. Comparez? [Oui/Non]

Attendez S'il Vous Plait…

Codage commun trouve! Emulation...

.**

*****Emulation Complete. Opening Transmission*****

TO: Capitaine Diablo des Vampirs
RE: First Contact

My profound greetings to you Mr. Diablo. This message is to confirm that we have received your transmission. If we do happen to meet I will be sure to say ahh... bown..juerr.

In your message you talk about taxing "outsiders". From our information, the only people active in this system apart from these "Junkers" and ourselves are Outcast smugglers. If the Outcasts are who you look down upon, perhaps we can come to some er.. mutual understanding, similar to what we have with a few other.. alternative ideal groups in our area of operations. Unfortunately you would not recognise any of them, even if I listed the names of these factions - you'll just have to take my word for it.

The IMG will be sure to contact you again at a later date. Until then..

This is Director Hargreaves, out.

*****End Transmission*****
***Incoming Transmission***

Source:Citoyen-Roi, Languedoc
Destination:Dounby Station

Greetings Mr. Hargreaves,

My name is Philippe Renaud and I am a member of the Council, the faction who controls Reunion station. I must admit I am rather confused and wonder if I should be concerned about your health. Have you suffered any hard blows to the head recently?

You see, I am confused because as soon as the Council ships emerged from the minefield they contacted your warships and told you who we were. I know this because it is readily available news on Java station. Before I joined the Council, I captained a transport, usually working independently for the IMG. When the news first came to Java I knew it was an historic occasion so I was sure to copy it to my ships computer. Here is a full copy for your reference:

Quote:Java Station -- 817 A.S. -- The remote system of Orkney which is part of Bretonian space, although it is not considered part of Bretonian territory, has become a site of events that will change the history of the Sirius sector forever.

On day 320 817 A.S., 1704 Manhattan time, a massive explosion was sighted by local Independent Miners Guild patrol in an old mine field. First it was thought that the explosion was an accident. Later, however, several consequent explosions followed. The explosions cleared a wide pass within the mine field that lead to a previously unknown jump hole. From the jump hole, a large fleet of unknown ships came through the passage between the mines and ventured into the clear area of Orkney. IMG first considered them to be unknown aliens and brought warships from Dounby Station in case their intentions were hostile. However, very soon IMG ships were contacted by the newcomers who identified themselves to be representatives of the lost French House, bearing the Latin name of Gallia.

Gallia has been aware of existence of Sirius Houses for centuries but, however, chose a path of intentional isolation. The fleet of ships that breached the mine field belonged to a group named the Council, a political and military opposition of the Gallic central government. It took many years of fighting for the Council to suppress the powerful defenses of the Gallic Navy and reach the mine field. Now, isolation is a thing of the past, and Languedoc system to which the jump hole from Orkney leads can be freely visited by any ships from any Sirius Houses. Systems beyond Languedoc are still under control of the Gallic Navy, and the Council warns everyone willing to explore the distant Gallic systems that forces loyal to the Gallic government have most likely received an order to attack any unknown ships on sight.

Shortly after breaching the mine perimeter, the Council began to construct a space station not far from the mine field using hull components brought from Languedoc. The station was named Reunion, not only after an island in the Indian ocean that belonged to France until the year 2088 A.D., but also as a reminder of what happened on 320 817, day that will be remembered in history as the Day of Reunion.
In fact, the Council even bought docking ports and solar panels from the IMG to build Reunion Station. I hope this is a simple matter of miscommunication within the IMG and that you have in fact not suffered any injury that may have hampered your mental faculties.

I realize we have not yet sent over a diplomatic envoy to formally establish relations between our two groups, but we have been rather pre-occupied with the diplomatic relations of those factions that have already ventured within Gallic space. I have been assured by the Council leadership that this will be remedied soon. Until then we are very willing to hear your thoughts concerning the first diplomatic meeting between the IMG and the Council, location, participants, issues, etc.. Until then I wish you good health and profitable labor.

Sincerely,
Philippe Renaud

***End Transmission***