Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junkers...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I was just wondering about the bounty hunter ID and what it says with relevance to Junkers.
I currently have no way of checking any of this as my system is at deaths door and needs some TLC or an 'F' disc.
Anyway, I thought the BH ID states they must be lawful. If thats the case, and Junkers are also lawful, how can they shoot them (assuming they are not smuggling)?
If Junkers are unlawful, then all police/military types can shoot at them for just 'being', can't they...or not?
HELP!
Please be aware, I do not have access to the BH ID (or anyone elses) so have no way of checking myself. Any help/pointers would be gratefully recieved.
Yeah I was thinking about that myself. The current bounty on .:j:. ships posted by the AFA. Now either both these factions are legal, or they're not. They're in a similar situation in that sense. So if it's an unlawful group putting a bounty on unlawfuls, is that a lawful bounty because it's against unlawfuls, or an unlawful bounty because it's set by unlawfuls? And if they're both lawfuls, then vice versa.

'lawful' is a bit of a useless term for this stuff.
junkers are neither. tehy are what benefits them most at the time. when you are no longer useful then they will double cross you read the forum through the link i posted last
For the purposes of the rules they have to be one or the other rally. Also why don't you read through the link you posted, and you'll see that I already made a big post in the thread.
Quote:Bounty Hunter ID
Pilot carrying this ID is a member of the Bounty Hunters Guild, who:
* Can fulfill lawful bounty contracts

BH can hunt Junkers, when the bounty contract is lawful.
Bounty contract is lawful if was set by lawful faction.
AFA is not lawful, so their contracts can not be fulfil by BH.
it is my opinion.
Ok, I've read that and as I understand it, it's a Junkers perception of the universe around him. There is also plenty of insight on how Junkers are percieved in and around Sirius.
I actually like most, if not all of whats written there but it isn't really addressing the point.

My question is basically this:
Are Junkers illegal or legal, like any other legal or illegal faction?

I know they are 'illegal' in Kusari but BH ain't exactly welcome there either are they?

There are currently reports of Zoners hauling illegal cargos in Liberty. Zoners are a legal faction but, if caught with contraband, will it make all Zoners illegal or, as I believe, just those ships doing the smuggling?

The deal with the AFA is great for all Mercs but any killing of Junkers would constitute what in Liberty for example?
Are the Mercs now murderers?
Illegals?
Can the BH now hunt the hunter?
Could the BH pilot have been the executioner legitimately?

There is a great deal depending on what is the perception of legal and illegal.
My question is purely based on the 'legality' of the Junker ID. Either it's legal, or it ain't.
Junkers are semi lawful. This means they can land on lawful bases and can be engaged by lawfuls if they get caught breaking the law. Junkers are not pirates and they are not a lawful faction. The bounty posted by the AFA even says that it is a semi-lawful bounty, not a lawful one.
That just adds questions Hawk. What is "Semi-lawful"?
Are BH Semi-lawful?
It appears not - thanks Tyro.
Who can claim that particular bounty set by the AFA?
What becomes of them if they do etc?
Assuming it happens outside Kusari, can Junkers then set lawful bounties on them?
Thats the meat of the question I am afraid.

I think only Mercs and unlawfuls can claim but as I say, I don't know and theres no clear response here.
Benjamin appears to have grasped the question:-

"For the purposes of the rules they have to be one or the other really".

I'm off to read his 'big post'.

In any case not involving contraband or piracy, a Junker is, essentially, a civilian within whichever house he is residing. They may be viewed as grubby, annoying, competition or whatever, but they are still protected by and live within the laws of the house. If one is caught smuggling or pirating (not that it ever happens...if it seems the police are onto a Junker, they will set up a fall guy, usually a member of the local pirate factions (well, he's not a Junker, so he's expendable, right?...)), they are accountable for their actions under the house laws. If one is attacked by a pirate (also shouldn't be happening...after all, that pirate would like to know where the next convoy of luxury goods is, wouldn't he?...), there is the potential for the Junker to request the local law enforcement for aid.

The thing is, in Kusari, the Hogosha are those laws and law enforcement agencies, and, as such, the Junker is always guilty...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6