Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Multiple Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys! :-)

I've been away from Discovery for 2 years and I'm sure it was already asked, but as I couldn't find anything regarding that on my search... how's for RP to use Multiple Names, like an Arthad-[T] for Trader and an Arthad-[F] for Fighter, as you would be RPing a same person but with multiple ships?

And how the clans/factions feel overall about that? Let's suppose that all the "multiple ships" have the same tag/id and if joined a faction, all of the chars or "ships" of the same person joins that faction?

Thank you all!
1. Err... This is the roleplay hub, all posts should be in roleplay.
2. Just make up different names for the chars if they arent all in 1 NPC faction.
3. If they are, it's fine.
Oh sorry didn't notice could an Admin move to a more appropriate Forum? I've thought that this Forum would be for RP question, sorry.
there is no rule - thats entirely up to you, like it was when you were last on disco.

i don t even think the chars need to totally match. - so you can have a char:

- arthad [T] - a trader with a cooperation licence ( that means - for example a republican ID ) in a rheinland train.
- arthad [G] - a zoner Guard that is flying a juggernaut with a zoner guard ID

it just means that - arthad is sometimes seen and regarded as a trader doing rheinland routes, and another part of his life is to be a zoner guard when its needed. - it doesn t even need to become a split personality.
it doesent matter, as long as the role's the character plays are fairly normal. (so, not mollly and corsair, or something like that.)

but normaly, its best to have all of one characters ships be in the same faction.

problems can mostly appear when you build up a reputation. - so when one of your chars is indeed arthad, the corsair - and he regularly eats the liberty police....

and your other char slot is arthad the rheinland trader that smuggles into liberty. - you can expect the liberty people not to welcome you. - and the blame is on your side then.... - arthad = arthad.... what char dominates the others is not your decision but the decision of those that encounter you.

also - it is of course not easy to concinve others that one arthad is not = the other arthad - when... in fact they represent the same person.

usually its ID first - and RP based on the ID. but mixing roles too much can be considered to deliberately confuse other players - which is then a disruption of gameplay ( ok, thats a bit much )

in short - when arthad is a peaceful trader that occasionally needs to vent off and kill people as a pirate, - you can expect the trader part of him to get into trouble ( reasonable trouble ) even if his ID and role shouldn t suggest it.
What Jinx said really.
It's all good as long as you stay within the rules.

IE, no re-engaging with whatever. Even though you are the same person, it is a different character gameplay wise and must go within the rules.
I see thanks guys... and If both e.g. have the same TAG/ID, are the factions likely to accept and support both? (trader and fighter, or even more if there's more chars) E.g. I'm in one char a Corsair Pirate, and in another a Corsair smuggler... how do general factions/clans feel between accepting both? (which would be the same person in-RP?)