Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Credit Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Second time today, A Xeno has demanded I drop my credit cards - which technically is money AND cargo. Xenos however are not allowed to demand credits. Needless to say, it seems the Xenos have decided it's plain cargo - whereas I have carried them as credits for RP purposes.

Quite frankly, I'm very unhappy about being repeatedly murdered by Xenos, when I feel that they do not have the right to.

This needs to be clarified. ASAP.

---

On another note, there's been some terrible displays from certain people today... When you are asking OORP for a player to stop shooting, because you think they are violating the rules, and want some kind of discussion over it - why can't they just stop for ONE minute, explain why they are (or think they are) in the right?

What is with the obsessive compulsion to obliterate people - without answering an OORP question, that may end up with them being at the end of a sanction? These people are aggrevating and frustrating to the point where it's taken every ounce of my willpower to stop myself from cursing in the worst possible way! Do they get a kick out of making players angry?

I was actually sure a certain Xeno was flying an illegal ship - and pointed out OORP, that he shouldn't be flying outcast ships. His only reply is IC - "it's an old model". It took me 30 minute to even figure out what ship it was in FL Datastorm - and it turns out it's for sale on a Xeno base... Would it have killed him to just answer "// For sale on xeno base. It's legal."

When one player is trying to destroy another, who is screaming for them to stop OORP: how far can they actually go before it ceases to be an IC attack and becomes OORP abuse? When is enough enough? Do the players behind the characters mean nothing - as long as the attack is "proper rp?"

*sigh* Rant...

I'm just angry... real angry, at the way people act and treat other players. That alone should make it abuse... Screw this, I'm going to bed.

mac
' Wrote:Second time today, A Xeno has demanded I drop my credit cards - which technically is money AND cargo. Xenos however are not allowed to demand credits. Needless to say, it seems the Xenos have decided it's plain cargo - whereas I have carried them as credits for RP purposes.

This needs to be clarified. ASAP.
---
On another note, there's been some terrible displays from certain people today... When you are asking OORP for a player to stop shooting, because you think they are violating the rules, and want some kind of discussion oevr it - why can't they just stop for ONE minute, explain why they are (or think they are) in the right?

What is with the obsessive compulsion to obliterate people - without answering an OORP question, that may end up with them being at the end of a sanction? These people are aggrevating and frustrating to the point where it's taken every ounce of my willpower to stop myself from cursing in the worst possible way!

When one player is trying to destroy another, who is screaming for them to stop OORP: how far can they actually go before it ceases to be an IC attack and becomes OORP abuse?

mac

Is it stockable in your hold?

Yes.

Then it's cargo. You shouldn't move around with one. They are meant to be extra credits for bank chars.
' Wrote:Is it stockable in your hold? ... Then it's cargo. You shouldn't move around with one.

Well, while I appreciate your honesty here, It's a pretty quick conclusion, with very little basis...

The important question should be "why can't Xenos demand credits"? It has to be one of these:

a) Xenos don't have access to a bank system, and so can't demand money TRANSFERS. Ergo, cards are cargo.
b) Xenos don't use standard Sirius currency, so they can't demand MONEY, no matter the form. Ergo, cards are credits.

mac
' Wrote:Well, while I appreciate your honesty here, It's a pretty quick conclusion, with very little basis...

The important question should be "why can't Xenos demand credits"? It has to be one of these:

a) Xenos don't have access to a bank system, and so can't demand money TRANSFERS. Ergo, cards are cargo.
b) Xenos don't use standard Sirius currency, so they can't demand MONEY, no matter the form. Ergo, cards are credits.

mac

It's not cold cash in your neuronret. If you're destroyed, it's gone.
its in a hold.Its cargo. But im puting this up on the xeno skype.
On the bank-char note... If it's purely for bank-chars to store money - NPCs shouldn't be dropping them, should they?

Thanks, Elsdragon. Hopefully someone will know the reason for the "can't demand credits" bit on the infocard. That's the point it all hangs on as I see it. Whether it stacks in a pile or not doesn't really matter from all points of view.
If it takes up space it's cargo, if it's cargo it can be demanded.
' Wrote:On the bank-char note... If it's purely for bank-chars to store money - NPCs shouldn't be dropping them, should they?

Thanks, Elsdragon. Hopefully someone will know the reason for the "can't demand credits" bit on the infocard. That's the point it all hangs on as I see it. Whether it stacks in a pile or not doesn't really matter from all points of view.

Because destroying a BHG Dessie is worth 100,000 credits.
Unfortunately the rules dont seem to differentiate between types of cargo in this case.

Arent Xenos allowed to dock on Zoner bases? If that is the case then they would have access to others who could trade the credit cards (as well as any other demanded cargo) for needed supplies.
' Wrote:Unfortunately the rules don’t seem to differentiate between types of cargo in this case.

Aren’t Xenos allowed to dock on Zoner bases? If that is the case then they would have access to others who could trade the credit cards (as well as any other demanded cargo) for needed supplies.

Yes, they can.

According to Freeport 4 Rumurs, Xeno buys Rheinlander guns from Zoners! ^^
Pages: 1 2