Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Elections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Under the tight security of the Depart of Assassination and Interrogation's Grand Hall based on Toledo , the elections for new High Command members where about to begin.

The place was chosen for it's secrecy and it's impenetrable defense perimeter. Only the most trusted and well known agents of the Order where invited to attend to these elections and be given the honor of giving their vote for new High Command members.

The room was a complete contrast between white and black , Admiral Mirage and Grand Admiral Suis , where both seated at exclusive High Command members positions and where both eager to see how this goes.

" It is no secret to anyone , that there have been some minor problems with security during the past months. I believe that I'm not the only one here thinking that this is caused by the fact that the High Command is crippled at the moment."

" For that reason , we are going to choose new members for the vacant positions. Everyone who is here is obliged to vote . Your vote may well be the decisive one. "

" What we wish to see is the name of the person in question and why you think he will fit in the High Command."

" You may begin , now. "
Captain Rand Seith slowly stood up from his place and walked towards one of the terminals, security officers being near it.

INPUT YOUR ORDER NETWORK LOGIN CODE //meaning only Order players (indie and factionized)

He logged in to the system with his security pass.

The voting system was simple, there were three fields to fill in and he started to write his thoughts, after he picked the names over the recorded rooster;

CANDIDATE AGENTS
If you are unsure of agent's callsign, you can use the neural net call signs //forum names//

Independent Candidate: Noobl3t.
Reason: Candidate supports the integrity of freedom even within the military ranks and has a just opinion on things. Agent may be aggressive at times but we all are. He is a good representative of independent agents. I am expecting certain disagreements over the command but it is necessary to have several opinions.

Order Primary Fleet Candidate: Christopher Dangen //Rouge
Reason: Even though Dangen stated that he is no longer a part of the Order Primary Fleet, he is operating under 117th still which is partly connected to the primary fleet. I suggest his representation and if necessary, signing up to the primary rooster again for his HC position. Dangen is a man of reason and knows the ZOI operations well. He is a fierce tactician and he is level headed, being able to understand the power he has and its needs.

Captain Rand Seith looked at his votes with a satisfied glance and returned back to his seat with firm moves. His eyes were gloomy though, he was too experienced to be naive to expect that things happened smoothly while deciding on a pyramid's top shape.
Cynthia Laroche, representing departed independent Order agent Krixx Treia (mostly known as the commander of the Hand and Eye of Horus), slowly walked in the hallway, her heels resonating in this eeric silence.

"With this new rebellion at our door, the Order needs to be more unified than ever; such a thing can only be acomplished by the Order HC."

She enters the password and connects to Krixx Treia's log and sighs deeply to herself.

(//I have no idea who you are, but it's my brother who's writting the rest)
Primary Fleet pilot: Rand Seith
Reason: Closest friend of Treia in the Order, Seith was dedicated to the Order since his first day in service. He has the spirit of a leader and always manage to bring calm and judgement in any situations. (Even against the Keepers, a rare thing.) Seith gained the respect of all Order agents, both of the Primary & Secondary fleet, and quickly skyrocketted through the Primary fleet's ranks. Rand can perform both behind a desk, inside a fighter cockpit or in a capital ship command deck. The name "Ophidian" strikes the heart of Bounty Hunters with fear. Seith also always let the Corsairs (and Zoners) have their words to say in many of our business, especially during the Artefact crisis.

Rand Seith: A diplomat, a fighter, a Patriotic. The Order agent by excellence.

Painfully, she validates her vote, close the account and walk away.
A figure in black uniform has just approached one of the terminals. He could makle out the refelctions of his short, always-disheveled looking hair on the monitor.

After the standard identification procedure, the terminal was showing the voting interface.

Greetings Lieutenant David Xavier!

Please choose the agents you are voting for.

Then a list of agents appeared on the screen with pictures and basic information.

The first agent was Captain Rand Seith:
He knew him as a natural leader, who has a new idea every day and most importanty would listen to the opinions of others in any given matter.

The second agent was Christopher Dangen:
A battle hardened, level-headed veteran who knows Sirius like his palm, and plans his next move carefuly as he is clear with the effects and consequences of his actions.

After thinking his choices through several times he confirmed his decision.

He turned his back to the monitor, which was displaying

Thank you for casting your votes!

for a short time, while he was swiftly walking back to his seat.

"Well this would be weird if i voted for my self so these are my two votes." he thought to his self as he entered in his password

Independent Candidate: Rhys Filmore
Reason: This Candidate and i have been on missions together and is a reliable partner and have proven him self many times over that he can be trusted and a valuable member

Order Primary Fleet Candidate: Rand Seith
Reason: he is a natural leader and listens to what other people have to say he has good ideas and logic and has proven his self to be a capable leader

-Christopher Walks back over to his seat and sits down to await the judgment of the high command-
[Image: 2vadutk.jpg]
<Encrypted Communique>
Source: Aki Kimura, Carrier Bastet

"You're all fools, have recent events taught you nothing? I sacrafice my position, my influence, my friends and colleagues, all so that our Order can be saved from a threat none of you will open your eyes to, and still you continue to bicker amongst yourselves and continually make the same mistakes day after day?"

"The Order is falling apart, we have wandered too far from our original purpose and that has weakened the organization as a whole. New ships, new weapons, greater numbers... none of them mean a thing if you cant learn from your own mistakes. It seems I'm alone in my task, now more than ever... very well, it looks as if I'll have to watch my own people kill themselves off while I do the real work."
Encrypted transmission from source...Order agent Ghost.

Decrypting.......decrypting.....decryption complete, compiling all data segemnts......data compiled.

Message is text based, message is as follows:

Having reviewed all of the options avaliable for the vacant high command positions, I have made the following choices.

Independent Candidate: Noobl3t.
Reason: Although thier are several possible candidates for the independant possition, I have seen this pilot in both combat, and discussion over important matters that have arisen during daily operations, as such, I fel he would make an excellent candidate.

Primary fleet candidate: Order agent Ophidian
Reason: Again, although thier are sevral qualified candidates for the position, I feel that Ophidian stands above the others, due to his constant presence with in the community, as well as his efforts in special operations (such as the attack on several BHG instilations, disabling them for several days). He has a quick mind, and can react to new situations relativly quickly, and it is this quality hat I feel would make him of great use in a High command possition.

Returning to deep space patrols now, Ghost signing out.
***Incoming transmission..***
***Agent ID: Xavier Vorbarra.***

Greetings, fellow agents and high officers.
I have sifted through my options in detail, and I think I'm ready to cast my vote.

[color=#FFFFFF]For the independent member of the High Command,
I throw my support in for n00bl3t.
A very rational man, and dedicated to the cause.
He is the best kind of man we can hope to have part of the reigns of our organization.
Patience, virtue, honesty, impartiality, these are all qualities needed in one of our leaders.
And he has it. I find no possible better choice.

As for my second vote, for the Primary Fleet candidate, I'd like to abstain. I do not posess a good enough all around knowledge of all possible candidates to make a decision I am sure in.
From the bridge of the Order Light Carrier Ma'at, Commander Reavengitair looked out upon the scenes of Omicron Delta as he tapped the "send" button on his small yet powerful datapad...

***Incoming Transmission***
ID: Commander Reavengitair of the Order Primary Fleet (Order|)

Upon reviewing my knowledge and that of the Order's Database for candidates I deem to be suitiable for the High Command, I have chosen two candidates for the Order High Command.

Independant Candidate: N00bl3t.

I don't really have much information on him, but I am not active with many order independants - most of my time is spent away from Omicron Minor. However, from what I have heard, his feats have been tremendous and his attitude is just right for the order's High Command.

Primary Candidate: Rouge/Chris.Dangen

A man i've known for quite some time. Like Ophidian has stated, he is not a member of the Order Primary fleet, but commands the 117th fleet, of which my Carrier is a part of. His knowledge of the order should be put to a greater use than what he has now.

Reserve Candidate (Should one of these decline the offer to be on the High Command): Captain Ophidian.

An active and utterly devoted member of the order. His work has not gone unnoticed across sirius. May his knowledge and power extend beyond the ranks of an average order pilot.

***Transmission Lost***
Mara, the secondary medical officer for the Order Research Cruiser Seker, sat in the DAI Grand Hall, watching the proceedings of the voting.
It was empowering, in a way, to see the Order members walk up to the terminals to vote. Some tapped the keys decisively, with purpose, knowing exactly what they wanted for the future of the Order; while others were more apprehensive and took some time to hit the button that would finalize the votes - but these would be perfect, well thought out votes, that would mean so very much.

This very election, taken in a turbulent time of rebellion and war, could change the balance of the Order. The very fate of this organization hung in the balance, and thus the fate of Sirius hung in the balance, as the Order was the single saviour of mankind.

Yes, this had to be carefully considered.
Each vote here had the gravity of a neutron star.
Each vote here was not cast lightly.

This took deep and troubling thought on the part of all. This took courage, this took faith.
And most of all, it took vision. Vision for the Order, and vision for mankind.

Mara smiled at this, feeling heroic patriotism for their cause rising in her otherwise unimpressive chest.
She glanced over at the Doctor, still in his chair beside her, and knew that she sat next to a great hero - a man of contemplation, patience, forethought, and brilliance. The Doctor hadn't voted yet. He sat in his chair, thoughtfully, mulling things over, one leg extended straight out and a grimace of intense contemplation on his face, almost like he was in pain.

Mara knew that his mind was wrestling with this choice. Who to elect? Which heroes would help lead the order?
To consider something so much, so hard...

She knew he was dedicated to the Order. He indeed had only the best for it at mind, and she could see the pain as the troubles of the Order disturbed him. Yes, Mara knew, this man had his pulse on the Order, and knew the gravity of the situation. She was proud that he was her captain.

The Doctor shifted in his seat again, casting glances left and right.
So many people. Why does one bloody vote count?

He glared at Mara, who was sitting straight up, appearing very inspired and patriotic.

It'll last until she sees dinner, he wagered himself.

She looked at him and smiled.

Why is she smiling?

She turned to continue watching everyone else post their votes.

The Doctor scowled and returned to staring at his leg.
His arthritis was acting up, and it hurt like hell.
His face was screwed up in literal pain, and these elections couldn't really matter much less to him.

Damned Omicrons always gave him arthritis, it seemed.

Mara's misplaced admiration seemed to turn to impatience. She was pushing at him to get up. As the captain of their research vessel, he was the one responsible to vote.

Blasted girl. She didn't understand one thing about being old.
Sure, she knew about medical conditions, and the symptoms of arthritis and how to treat it, but...

Bah.
Nevermind...

He pulled himself up and pushed past the sitting Will, Richter, and Miles seemingly rudely; walking clumsily with his painful leg.

Mara looked again at the Doctor.
A man on a mission, striding confidently with an odd determination in his step, towards the voting consoles.

"He's an inspiration to us all." she murmured thoughtfully.

Richter, the weapons officer, nodded sagely.

The Doctor made his way down to the terminals, his arthritic leg painfully clumsy as he made his way to the terminal. Once he had finally reached it, his leg was pulsing like a migraine.

He paused to try to remember if he'd ever heard anything about leg-migraines in his schooling so long ago.
He decided that he hadn't, and proceeded to vote, typing in his ID code and all applicable passwords and such with a practiced ease that was only hindered by his old hands.

Three attempts later, he'd typed the correct combination and began to fill out the voting form...

Quote:CANDIDATE AGENTS

Order Primary Fleet Candidate: Ophidian
Reason: I've met him in space a good deal. Good sort of chap. Responsible, takes charge so I don't have to bother with it. Why am I writing all this? Whoever reads this is going to know exactly who he is...

[enter]

Independent Candidate: Callsign Noobl3t.
Reason: My finger hurts, I don't want to bother with typing anything right now. And look, you've made me type something...

[enter]
The Doctor scowled and walked away from the console, towards the rear of the hall where the doors outside were. This assembly would be no further enriched if he decided to stay
Why they ever added a comments section was beyond him.

At the moment, it seemed like the door at the end of the hall was beyond him.

The rest of his crew stay in the hall, at least.

Mara's eyes followed him out. He still did not know what was going through her mind.

So heroic. she thought as he strode out of the hall, white labcoat contrasting against the rest of their black Order uniforms. He was always more independent of the Order than the rest of them... but he seemed to have more of a heart for saving humanity than most did... What noble thoughts were going through his mind, what lofty ideals thrummed in his soul?

The Doctor limped his way down the hall, attempting to make it to his lab in this base.
He had painkillers there.

Heh.

Painkillers.

Yes, he needed a painkiller.
Pages: 1 2 3