Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Embargos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right, so, the KNF ID allows the holder to "destroy traders in Kusari who belong to corporations headquartered in Houses that Kusari is at war with if the trader refuses to drop all cargo and leave Kusari. " That covers any Bretonian traders in Kusari proper.

What about Tau 29 or 31? What about Kusari-controlled Leeds (defined as Stokes up, not counting LD-14)? What about non-Bretonian traders supplying the Bretonians?

I was hoping to make a KNF GB with the sole purpose of enforcing a sort of embargo, but I'm questioning if under the rules that is possible.
QCP gank any traders in NT, about one lane away from the planet ( but they are pirates) >_>. Im pretty sure it covers Kusari space,Im mean, The Emperor did rename leeds SETO. so I guess from stokes back toward kusari? a better rules lawer here plz?
I still consider those to be disputed systems. Honestly, until there is some resolution of the Bretonia-Kusari war that is reached over the negotiating table, I'd say those two systems should remain border areas.
The KNF considers those systems to be theirs, so it makes sense that they would enforce the embargo there.

Whether or not they are actually owned by Kusari is an in-RP debate.
' Wrote:The KNF considers those systems to be theirs, so it makes sense that they would enforce the embargo there.
Whether or not they are actually owned by Kusari is an in-RP debate.

But that's where the issue on ID usage comes into play. Sure, Kusari forces consider it to be their space - but for server rules and those people with Guard ID's whacking on transports - I'd stick in actual named home systems.

' Wrote:The Emperor did rename leeds SETO.
That's because he forgot that there's already a Planet Seto in Kusari. LOL
Just be glad the description doesn't have the word 'lawful' in it.
Or, you could change the ID to read

"destroy traders who belong to corporations headquartered in Houses that Kusari is at war with"

If anyone can come up with a way to abuse this?...
That's a really interesting point, being the inrp Kusari and the "rules" Kusari are probably very different. The same goes for the BAF in Orkney.
Sorry, Zelot.
' Wrote:That's because he forgot that there's already a Planet Seto in Kusari. LOL
*High fives Blunt*

I lol'd. But regardless, what he renames it is up to him. I agree with the viewpoint that the KNF should only enforce the embargo in non-disputed systems. Why?

Because, frankly, the embargo was conducted to prevent certain goods from entering Kusari - as in, the places that would directly affect the Kusarian populace. If you enforce it outside that area, then you are:

1) Possibly stopping transport of said cargo to other places other than Kusari.
2) Wasting tremendous resources by expanding the embargo enforcement area to tremendous areas.

It is not practical to extend the embargo to Tau-31 and Leeds, because even though they are considered parts of Kusari, they are still not closely linked enough to become influential and or crucial to the homeland.
Pages: 1 2 3