Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Everything comes to an end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incomming message
CommID: Daniel O'Shay
Subject: Farewell
To: All molly pilots

Greetings to you all, my fellow Mollies. Please hear me now.

We have been trough a lot together. We have seen powers rise, fall, corrupt and die out. We have seen rebirth of Molly movement, Treaty of Dublin and many other occasions. I must say that it was an honour and privilege to lead you, my fellow Mollies into the fray many times over. Also it was honour to lead our great band in more peacefull moments, sealing some seeds of friendship with many other residents of Bretonian space.

I reflect to these moments because they will forever have a special place in my heart, so will many brave pilots serving under our joint command.

I could name several great people who graced our ranks with their presence. From cofounder of the Republic, Shamus O'Toole over late councilors Patrick and Andy and finaly to my colegue consul Michael Corruth. To all other pilots whose names werent mentioned here, do not fear, I remember you still. Even people who helped the Republic without being a members. Dara O'Gara, Kate O'Malley, recently passed away mr. McEwan of NLH movement, Kaspar Meinserr of RHA and several others.

Now to matters at hand. They say nothing lasts forever, and that fact finaly cought up with me. I am no longer a young man I used to be when we started all that time ago. My aim is off and reflexes are dull. So I decided to retire and let you younger folks take over the control. My fighter ships will be given back to armory for use, Munster is getting a new captain and Athenry will remain as a reminder in orbit of Cork untill new consul duo decides on its new captain.

Farewell my friends, and best of luck, ex-consul Daniel O'Shay.

End of transmission
incoming reply.
CommID: Noal becckt
Re: Farewell

*Salutes*

sir, its been an honor ta serve under you. i hope ta see ya around arrenmore, and if ya dont plan on leaving belfast, then i will come ta see you. and maybe keep ya informed on wha' we've been doing.

*Salutes again*

godspeed sir.

end of message.
Colin had been in the hangar, busily tuning up his new Greyhound for no apparent reason other than that he was bored and he didn't want to get drunk until the patrol came in.

Something else, came in, on his communicator.

Colin pulled it out of his pocket and listened, with an ever deepening frown.

Daniel was leaving them.
The man who had welcomed him to his new life was retiring? This was... almost unthinkable. Inordinate.

After the transmission had finished, Colin sat there on the hangar deck, wrench in on limp hand and communicator in the other. He sat there for a few minutes, thinking it all over, quelling the storm of questions in his head. It was too soon, for this, the fighter corps was dwindling. The BAF were pressing in, and troubling news came from all corners.

It was a turbulent time.

But...
Those times called for resolute men, men of steel.
Too bad they had just lost one... but...

He raised the communicator with a face and sent a message.

---- Incoming Transmission ----
-- ID: Colin Breen
-- To: Daniel O'Shay

Daniel, sorry to hear about yer retirement.
We've lost a great man, today, I'd just like you to know. And no, it wasn't the fighter pilot who didn't make if back from patrol - it was you.

It's been a real honour, the times I've flown alongside you for Dublin, sir, and I'd just like to let you know that I'll still fly for Dublin, and I'll carry our cause to my death, that's a promise. We have a fight to fight, and I'll see it through to the end, if not for my grandfather, then for you.

For Dublin, then
Colin
Michael just finish reading transmission made by his fellow consul.
At first, there was little or no reactions.

"Boss? What is it, boss?" ask Jimmy after he notice very strange silence in the room.

"Dont bug me now Jimmy lad. Not now. Huh. Its about Daniel. He retire."

"Cant be boss. Did he mention why?"

"Old bones I say. Leave it, and bring some Whisky for me, will ya Jimmy lad?"

...Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Michael Carruth
To: Daniel
Subject: Letter

What can I say, my sah. You thought me everything that I know.
After that shamefull deal that Union of Gold made with Queen, Mollys were in very bad situation. Deals promised by Queen never came true, and you, my sah, you lead another rebelion. Another 'Founders Day'. Task wasnt easy. Union members controled some of Molly bases, but we overun them, secured, and hold againts all sorts of foes.
But, you didnt stop there. Non agression pact was made with Gaians, and our honour was restored when we again started to fight for our cause. Our final victory is still far away, but you were man that put things on right path.
I joined Molly Republic in that time.
We came long way since then. There was defeats, but there was also victories.
I should end here my letter. And, my sah, Mollys never retire from their duty. They just gather power, for another try. Enjoy while you can Daniel. Guns and Whisky never leave Mollys hands, remember that.
Best of luck,

Michael.

...End Transmission

"Jimmy, sad day, sad day I say. Give me bottle of that thing."
Daniel,

I am sad to hear that you be leaving us now. Just a a few months ago, I was scrubbing toilets in Newgate, just another aimless Dublin lad with no future, so I was. And when I came out I went right back to me criminal ways. But you took me in, made a fighter out of me - you showed me that we Mollys have a purpose in this ere world. Well, I only knew ye for a short while, but I learned aplenty in that short time, and I can say in honesty that I've met a man who believes in something greater than himself! All those years of fighting must have taken the toll on ye, and I do understand why you be wanting to retire, but know this now: the Molly Republic will not fade, no, we will continue the fight in your name and may you see a free Dublin in your lifetime!

Yours truly,

Angus O'Conor
Tobias was sleeping in his quarters at Arranmore after a rough night in bar. Comms computer started ringing

"Incomming message
ID: Daniel O'Shay"

Was written on the screen.

Tobias slowly woke up and muttered for himself

"What da hell da boss wants t'day"

He slowly read the message, then again, and then once again until he got it.

"Bloody hell, ye must be kiddin'!"

He started writing a reply

*** Incoming transmission ***
*** ID: Tobias "Smile" Long ***
*** Subject: RE:Farewell ***

How could ye do that sah?!

I mean, Corsairs comin' hungry from Omegas, BAF knockin' at Dublin's door all de time, what we are gunna do now?!

*sighs*

Hard times are comin'. We lost one of the greatest.

Enjoy yer retirement sah, we shall never forget.

For freedom in Dublin! For Cork! For the Molly republic! ... and for whisky *coughs*

Toby

*** End of transmission ***

When he completed writing the message, Tobias grabbed a bottle of whisky from the fridge, opened it, and raised it in the air.

"For Daniel!"
Daniel

Bleedin' 'ell lad, whut do ye means, ye be retoirin'?! Ye can' do dat, son, ye gut more te give. Ye ain't dat old, an' we all knows it.

But oi suppose oi kin unnerstan' yer motives. It be hard wurk, keepin' yersel aloive when all aroun' ye wants ye dead. Oi'll be missin' yer guidance, an oi knows all o' yer Republic lads'll be roight sad te be losin' ye.

Ye take care o' yersel', ye ol' fox. Oi'll be seein' ye in the bar, oi've no doubt!

'ere's te a free Dublin! Grand toimes we've had, an' grand toimes'll be comin' again.

'ere's te yew, Danny boy!

Dara.
------Incoming Transmission------
  • [color=#FFFFFF]-- Transmission Source: Coleraine Base
    -- Dispatcher ID: Colin Breen
    -- Recipient ID: Daniel O'Shay, Belfast Production Facility
    -- Encryption: Level III
[font=Agency FB]
Daniel:

This is Colin. I... uh... guess yeh mighta been right about some o' the things yeh said.
I became a consul, anyways... I'm tryin' to lead how you woulda.

We had a rotten while after you left, though.
Several old pilots were killed, and a few more left us. We might have been in the usual desperate straights, but now we're right sunk. I confess to ye now, fer all the fire me granpa gave me, he didn't leave me many smarts. Yeh gave me some o' those, I guess - but they ain't enough to carry us all.

I don't meant to say we've failed yeh... I mean, we're survivin', and we're thinkin' about tryin' to move on ourselves. We're orchestratin' trade deals with allies all over Sirius, and we're doin' fine in that area. We're managin', I guess, without ye, but we're not really thrivin'. And with the other veterans gone, we're left with a bunch of young greenhorns (myself especially included) and some veterans that aren't really as experienced as the others.

We wouldn't keep you out of retirement fer good, obviously.
And I wouldn't be sendin' this message if we didn't absolutely need the help or I wasn't drunk.

But... Daniel... we do need some help now.
More than I need some strong cofee.

But that's beside the point... I think...

We need some help, ol' friend.

[font=Agency FB][color=#FF0000]------End Transmission------
Incomming message
CommID: Daniel O'Shay
Subject: Gee
To: Colin Breen

Good lord laddie, why didnt you folks contact me sooner if its all going down the drain way. Well Athenry got decomissioned by some band of scallywag hogosha while enroute to Arranmore, or so ive heard. Well Il be needin a transport to Arranmore myself now.

I will return, but as advisor, Im too old to take real decisions. Send some ship to pick me up.

Daniel out.

End of transmission.
------Incoming Transmission------
  • [color=#FFFFFF]-- Transmission Source: Coleraine Base
    -- Dispatcher ID: Colin Breen
    -- Recipient ID: Daniel O'Shay, Belfast Production Facility
    -- Encryption: Level III
[font=Agency FB]
Righto! I'll send me gunboat the Bruckless straightaway to pick ye up.
I'm really glad to be havin' ye back, Daniel, thanks.

I'll have a drink or two waitin' for ye in the bar, yer favorite.

[font=Agency FB][color=#FF0000]------End Transmission------