Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fallen Comrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Vasiliy2-1.jpg]
[font=Fixedsys][color=#FFFFFF]Personal entry, #1
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"State of confusion."

What have I done...
What the hell have I done!?

Is this decision of mine highly unwise? Was I wrong to question my cause?

Everything happened so fast, I can hardly recall yesterday's events. Something you were so certain of, that you would die for it, but yet... so uncertain of, that you would escape from it.

I have become a rebel without a cause. Without a path or a goal, without a dream or an ambition, without a purpose or a destination. A life without passion or hope. I'm nothing more but a ghost. A blind wanderer.

Nothing holds any value no more.

How can I find answers without questions?

Survive... I need to survive, perhaps then, I will also find peace.

[Image: zarevopotpis3.png]
[font=Fixedsys][color=#FFFFFF]Personal entry, #2
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"Unexpected encounter."

[Image: unexpectedencounter1.png]
[Image: unexpectedencounter2.png]
[Image: unexpectedencounter25.png]
[Image: unexpectedencounter3.png]
[Image: unexpectedencounter4.png]

[font=Fixedsys][color=#FFFFFF]Personal entry, #3
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"Deserter. Coward. Traitor."

[Image: scraconv1.png]
[Image: scraconv2.png]
[Image: scraconv3.png]
[Image: scraconv4.png]
[Image: scraconv5.png]
[Image: scraconv6.png]
[Image: scraconv7.png]
[Image: scraconv8.png]
[Image: scraconv9.png]

[font=Fixedsys][color=#FFFFFF]Personal entry, #4
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"Old Cause, Old Foe."

[Image: mrhobart.png]

[font=Fixedsys][color=#FFFFFF]Personal entry, #5
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"Sonja Kerensky."

[Image: sonjaconv11a.png]
[Image: sonjaconv22b.png]
[Image: sonjaconv33c.png]
[Image: sonjaconv44de.png]

[font=Fixedsys][color=#FFFFFF]Personal entry, #6
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"Abandoned."

The clock was ticking...

I waited; One hour, two hours, three hours, I waited...

I was not known for being impatient, but the anxiety for her arrival was rising.

"She said the word 'maybe' to me.
'Maybe' she hesitated...
'Maybe' she would not come...
'Maybe' I was wrong..."

These thoughts kept running through my head over and over again, like I was humming a song for myself.

Seven hours had vanished, my hope... had vanished. She would not see me and she would not believe me.

"It seems Sonja never realized that she were the questions and the answers." I sighed, and then... and then the fury spawned within me. This relentless anger... I was thrown into a state of berserk. I kept screaming "Why, why!?" as I tore the whole room apart.

"What did I do to deserve this? All I asked for was one chance, one chance to make up for my mistake. But it was too much to ask, now that bitch won't even see me! Chyort voz'mi!"

This man who was staying in the room next me, I had caught his attention from all the ruckus I had caused. He took a quick notice on how I trashed my room and walked out as he was done.

Later, I found out that he had payed for the damages in my room. The only thing he left behind him was a piece of paper, lying there on my desk:

[font=Courier New][color=#FFFFFF]I know who you are and what you were. We need to talk but not here, meet me in two days at Freeport 9.
- Signed C.R.

[font=Fixedsys][color=#FFFFFF]Personal entry, #7
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"La Senorita Cordova."

I sat there... on a half broken chair that was ready to collapse at any moment. I sat there, staring at the letter I had received from this mysterious man, but I was no mysterious man to him. How could that be? I pondered for a quick moment.

"I know who you are and what you were. We need to talk but not here, meet me in two days at Freeport 9.
- Signed C.R."
I began reciting the words that were written on the letter.

"Freeport 9... C.R.. who the hell is C.R? For all I know it could be a trap set up by the Coalition. But what do I care, I have no reason to live anymore, if they want me dead so badly then perhaps I should provide them with their wish." And with that decision I rushed for the landing pad, mounted myself into the Roc and sat course straight for Omicron Theta, which meant I had to pass Omega-5, a dangerous warzone. Only this time, I would be engaged from both sides. My past had long ago made me an enemy of the Corsairs, and my present had made me an enemy of the Hessians.

As I arrived to the system, I was struck by dead silence. That kind of silence before the storm. "Too quiet." I mumbled for myself. And my suspicions were confirmed, as I attempted initiating my cruise engines a Hessian strike-wing had assembled eight hundred meters away from me and they were charging in with full speed, no hesitation, no mercy. I was outnumbered one to five, these were no standard flight pilots. I could calculate their skill before the battle even had begun, these were sent specifically for me. I expected to go down rather swiftly, although I could put up a fight, I would sure as hell loose.

The first pilot, who was charging straight at me, felt a little too confident with the odds. A quick snipe-shot with the Mini Razor followed by a silent Supernova blasted the enemy vessel to bits before the Hessian Pilot could even reach gun-range.

I was now receiving critical damage from the collective gunfire from the four remaining pilots. Desperate situations call for desperate measures. I charged straight at a random target releasing a handful of Nuclear Mines along my path causing a huge chain of explosions. The fiery nova swallowed one of the Hessian Pilots into its heated depths, eroding his ship until every inch of the hull was crumbled into dust. I had in the process of this chaotic blast lost the left wing of my ship along with several guns. My core-engine was at status red and my fuel was leaking. The flight system half responsive and the remaining guns badly damaged. I was helpless like a beaten animal.

The three remaining Hessian Pilots had skillfully avoided the explosion and had now locked their weapons on my ship, which was standing completely still. Waiting for that final volley to end my torment. But as their Commander was about to order the execution, two incoming torpedoes hit from behind stopped his message... and his life. I could barely make out who was attacking those Hessians but the laughing which was heard over the comms spawned me a flashback. To that moment when I was in Cambridge talking to Sonja Kerensky. But it was not her, it couldn't be her. No, this laugh left a hint of joy, she was taking pleasure killing these men. Then it struck me like the crystal clear asteroids of the Siberian Ice Field, "COMRADE CORDOVA!" I screamed with all the energy left in my body.

"Hahahaha, morirse tu hijos de putas!" Comrade Cordova shouted with a hysterical laugh as she shot down the remaining Hessians withing seconds.

"Comrade Cordova... how can I repay you?"

"Shush Senor, first we have to get you to Cadiz."

"Cadiz?! They will shoot me down the minute I set foot on that station!"

"Hah! Don't worry Senor."

She had this strong confidence in her tone, this aura of fear that enchanted her with power. No one would dare crossing her. It made me relieved over the idea of showing my presence in Corsair territory.

The ship gently landed on the docking pad, she was being considerate. Although she didn't realize it, I felt an immense gratitude over her act.

The hangar Officer insisted on "taking care of me" with an emergency team standing nearby but Comrade Cordova knew that if she let go of me, I would have been killed. Instead it was decided, thanks to her, that I would be mending my wounds at her personal apartment. "They won't make a move near my presence." She said to me quietly and smiled. I tried recalling the battle, that very moment when I was about to be killed. Those last seconds, before Comrade Cordova arrived and saved my life. But the more I thought of it, the more tired my eyes got.

I fell asleep...

[font=Fixedsys]Personal entry, #8
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"Good news."

[color=#999999]"No.... no... mother, no please stop, leave her alone! MOTHER!"

I woke up from the nightmare. Comrade Cordova jumped up from her bed due to all the screaming.

"Senor Kaputski! Are you alright?" She said trying to catch her breath.

"I'm fine Comrade Cordova, but I appreciate your concern."

"Hah, gracias Senor, I guess."

Someone was approaching the apartment from the front door.

"You Senor, stay quiet while I go check who's there."

"Understood Comrade Cordova."

She slowly approached the door, holding a small blaster with her right hand. "Who's there?"

A young man nervously replied. "Senorita Cordova, I carry a message, it's for the man in your house."

"A letter to Senor Kaputski? Very well, just squeeze it in from the lid over there."

"Si Senorita Cordova." The young man replied and rushed quickly away from the scene. He was like the majority of the Corsairs scared of this powerful woman. She bent down and grabbed holo-disc.

"Senor Kaputski! There is a message for you."

"For me?" I asked with a puzzled expression. "Maybe it was from that man who called himself C.R." I thought for myself.

"Very well Comrade Cordova, initiate the message."

"It is coming right up on the display over there." She said and pointed at the monitor.

[font=Courier New]Important. Canaria. Hurry.
- B

"Important? Canaria? Hurry? Senor Kaputski do you know who sent this message?"

"Haha, Da. There is only one man I know off who uses that sign. Comrade Thorvaldsson."

"A member of the Coalition? This smells like a trap, it is too dangerous you should not go there!"

"Again Comrade Cordova, I'm grateful of your concern, but I have to meet him. Even if I risk entering a trap."

"Senor Kaputski, if that is what you wish. I will setup a vessel for you."

"Thank you once again Comrade Cordova, I might not return after this meeting, so I would like to express my gratitude, you have saved my life and if you ever require me for anything, don't hesitate to contact me."

"Hah! Senor Kaputski, it was nothing. But I will remember your request."

"Very well. Dasvidanya."

"Adios!"

*Later in the Omega-49 system...*

[color=#FF0000]"Comrade Thorvaldsson, you wanted to meet me. You said it was urgent."

"Correct Zarevo. Do not worry, this meeting is off the Coalition Reports."

"Is that so? I expected a trap."

"If I wanted you dead, I would just grab the Gold-Squadron with me."

"Da Comrade, that is true. So, what is the reason of this meeting?"

"Now, I have been informed by Comandante Ares that you defected from our cause."

"Da, I have."

"Something I was about to do, twice. But both times I decided not to."

"Da, I have defected. Tell me Comrade, why did you hesitate to do the same?"

"Because I fought for too many hopeless causes in the past."

"And is this cause not hopeless aswell?"

"As currently Commanded, it is."

"Da, now you are starting to make sense."

"But, I do reckon if I manage to overtake the command, I might change things. Anyway the reason why I wanted to have a meeting with you was for more personal reasons."

"Let me guess, you want me to help you achieve the commanding position of the Coalition?"

"No, not at all. Let me explain. Do you remember that time we hunted the Wilde in Stuttgart?"

"Da, I do remember."

"You see, as you abandoned us, the Commissariat decided to review the footages from that event. Too find out any ways to make you suffer and pay for your actions. This kind of behavior is part of the corrupt regime I was talking about, the poor leadership of the Coalition commanders."

"Let me tell you something Comrade. There is not a single thing in this world that can make me suffer more than the realization that my life-commitment was a total lie."

"Maybe, but not all suffering is made out of principals and ideas. Some seek more 'concrete' ways to deal with suffering."

"Da, that's is true. A cheap move by the Comandante. When a man seeks revenge he grows desperate to achieve it."

"Indeed. A foolish move. Anyways, it is a bit of luck involved and some overlooked parts. Basically they wanted you to suffer by attempting to harm the one most important person."

"Da, my mother. It was expected they would go after her, but... it was a necessary sacrifice. She would understand me."

"Yes well now we get to that part. It turned out, that wasn't necessary."

"Not necessary, what do you mean?"

"Well, how can they harm a person who is not there?"

"I'm not following, Comrade."

"Zarevo, I smuggled your mother out of Omega-52 to Planet Gran Canaria. Your mother now resides in a house I used to own there."

"Really?! She is still alive! And you saved her from a certain death."

Well I owed you one, for saving my life in so many battles."

"Comrade, you have never been in my debt, but I thank you for saving my mother."

"Your mother is safe there. The Coalition can't even approach the vicinity of that Planet due to past hostilities with the Zoners."

"Da. Thanks to you, a huge burden of guilt has disappeared from my shoulders."

"Murder of innocents is not what we signed in for. I have served the hunters, I have served the Corsair Elders and now I serve the Coalition. But none of them, understands the value of life. They are too blind with their own foolish desires."

"Because they are humans, Comrade. Humans is a greedy, evil and wicked race."

"You are incorrect Zarevo. It is society that is greedy, evil and wicked, not the humans."

"Hmm... I have a hard time believing in that. It is true that society has shaped the human. But it is their very own nature to be like this. We may have different opinions Comrade, but I trust your line of thinking and if you would ever succeed in taking command over the Coalition, then perhaps this cause would not be worthless."

"Perhaps."

"Da. Now it is time for me to go, farewell Comrade."

"God speed."

"Dasvidanya."

[font=Fixedsys][color=#FFFFFF]Personal entry, #9
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"Comrade C.R."

The Legionnaire slowly proceeded to dock with the B-2 entrance. "Time to find out who this man is." I quietly said to myself. Entering the station I looked around puzzled. "He said he would meet me inside this station, but where exactly?" A few seconds passed before I assumed he meant the main station bar. I hoped he would meet me there, a safe environment, too many eyes watching for him to make a move.

Approaching the bar from the main entrance would be the optimal idea, that way the person looking for me would spot my appearance immediately. And rightfully so, a medium-sized man wearing a black coat accompanied by a black hat to cover his face raised his hand, signaling me to sit with him. "That must be him." I said and moved towards the man.

As I sat down on the soft couch opposite of him he slowly tilted his head downwards and back up to a normal level again, a gesture of respect. He coughed, cleared his throat and said: "Ah, so you decided to come, Zarevo."

"Da, but it will be short if you don't stop with the games, now tell me who you are."

"Hah! Always on your toes. You are definitely Zarevo. Very well, I shall not keep you waiting any longer. They call me the Crimson Reaver."

"C.R. Crimson Reaver. Da?"

"Eh, it's a personal choice."

"Ah. A person who has an alias is a person who wants to remain hidden. Whatever you do or have done, it is dangerous."

"That is very true Zarevo. You are quick-thinking, observant, but most of all, a person who has been refined in the art of war. This is why I have contacted you, because of your 'special' properties. You will be a great asset to the Reaver Company."

"Reaver Company you say? You need someone who knows how to kill a man. Hired soldier, da?"

"Yes Zarevo, a mercenary."

"Mercenary. A man driven by greed and selfishness, who would kill his very own mother for some credits. You are asking me to become a mercenary?"

"I know what you believed in Zarevo, I know what principles and ideas you followed with the deepest loyalty. How much you valued life and to what measures you would venture to preserve it. But somewhere along the path you lost hope and abandoned your cause. I even know about this 'Sonja Kerensky' woman. The love of your life, yes? And you knew from the very beginning that you could never win her heart. Yet you tried, desperately, but to no avail. Your cause abandoned you, your love abandoned you and your hope abandoned you. Nothing left but to die? No, my friend, you can still live. You can live to take other lives, just like your life was stripped away from you. I will help you do that." He reached out his hand, waiting for that handshake that would seal my fate with him.

But I could not move, I was paralyzed. He spoke like he knew me better than myself. He knew my history, my present and my future. "Da." That was all I could say, 'da'. I lifted my arm, for some reason it felt extremely heavy.

The handshake was done.

My fate was sealed for one bloody adventure.

Coral, like the Red Star of the Coalition.

[font=Fixedsys]Personal entry, #10
[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF0000]"New cause, same old guns."

[color=#EE82EE]"Take the Trade-Lane and intercept him, hurry Coral!"

"On my way Comrade!"

"And cut out that 'Comrade' talk too."

"Don't insult the way I speak!"

"Violet. Coral. This is not the time or place for arguing, stay on task."

"Whatever."

"Affirmative."

The prey was desperately trying to escape our greedy hands but we managed to outwit him. I catched distance using the Trade-Lane whilst Comrade Violet and Comrade Crimson were chasing from eight hundred meters behind the target.

With a quick dash at the console, aborting the Trade-Lane jump sequence, I swiftly targeted the prey on my scanners and blocked his path of escape. Like a scared dear the prey tried desperately escaping before the inevitable destiny would catch his soul and drag it down through the tunnel of death.

We strike down like a pack of hungry wolves, bloodthirsty, furiously, until all that remained were pieces of small ship components.

"Well... another five million credits in the bag."

"Da. Well done."

"Yeah anyways, time to hit the bar."

"Hmm."

"Don't worry about her, Coral."

"Hah! Comrade Crimson, that is the last thing I do. Her 'up-yours' attitude is becoming annoying."

"Haha, I guess you will have to live with it."

"Hmph."

Pages: 1 2