Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "Braggard's Bar"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***
***TO : Anyone within reach of this transmission***
***CLASS : Rheinland Gunboat***
***OWNER : Norman Radclyffe***

This is a transmission to any ship's in reach of this old ship's comms. Do not judge by it's appearance. Everything will be explained.

The Braggard's Bar is a old Rheinland Gunboat before anyone asks, it is salvaged from Sigma-13 and a remnant of the 80 Years war.

Druing my free time, I have been slowly re-constructing the ship, with the help of three friends ;
The pilot, James Mason, a blond Bretonian, good kid. Knows his stuff about flying.
The barkeep, Harvey Black, a barkeep from Manhattan. Ask him for a drink and he will get you what you asked for, he's been in the buisness for 40 years.
The waitress, May Weathers, a girl from Freeport 2. Shortish, middle-aged and with a memory that shocks even me.

Everyone is welcome, to share his stories and experience. We will sell you supplies if needed, and if you have some rare cargo might buy a low amount for our stores. Repair Bots, and shield batteries will be for sale at 210 Credits a peice.

Currently the ship is located in Bearing, opposite the freeport. I want a 1k no fire zone around the ship at all times, fire will be returned in self-defence, she may be old but the few hard-points that do work, work well.
I will be onboard when I am not in service, but when I am not there James is in charge.

Radclyffe, over and out.

***END OF TRANSMISSION***

Radclyffe leaves to get some paper-work done with the Kreigsmarine leaving James in command.

"I wonder when our first customer will arrive"
A man wearing fine clothes walks in through the door to the bar.

Walking slowly up to the bar he puts down his heavy briefcase and asks "Hey, this is a bar right? You sell food here?"
"Um... Not especially, I can ask the crew" replied James, hesitating "Hhh-harvey, do-can, uh.. Can you Cook?

"I do liquids, not solids mate" came a reply "What about May?"

"Well I can transfer some materials from the freeport, I think we can make a small menu for the gentleman" replied May.

//What foods would there be in disco? 0.0
On a re-supply into Freeport 2 as he so often does, Dr. John Henry Holliday notices the old gunboat parked across the way. Naturally, curiosity gets the better of him and he decides to pay it a visit, taking a seat at the bar.

"What can I get you, Friend?" asks the barkeep.
"Whiskey, Sir," the doctor answered. Within a minute, the barkeep served him.

Doc then looked around at the old ship and bobbed his head a few times in approval.
"You all did a fine job fixing this old ship up," he complimented, "Nice work."
"Why thank you," was the barkeep's reply, "it was a lot of work but well worth it."
He then extended his hand to the drinking man, "Harvey Black. I hold the fort down in here."
"John Holliday," replied Doc returning the hand shake.
"Doctor John Holliday? Ambassador Holliday?" inquired Harvey.
"Yes, Sir," answered Doc, "that would be me. Today, I'm just Doctor. I make supply runs across the way and check those out who need it."

The young Ms. Weathers then came out and noticed the new patron.
"Harvey," she said, "our first customer. Welcome, Sir."
Doc tipped his hat to her, "Afternoon, Ma'am," he replied.
"Can I get you anything from out back to eat?" she asked him.
"No, Ma'am, I set," he answered, "I just needed something to wet the whistle a bit."

Before he left, Doc returned to the bar with a three large boxes and presented them to Harvey.
"It's a bit strong but if you can stomach it, it's quite good," explained Doc.
Harvey then opened a bottle and took a sniff. He then made a face at it's power.
"What IS this stuff?" he asked.
"It's made by my Klingon friends far from here," Doc answered, "it is Blood Wine."
Finishing his drink, Doc slipped on his trench coat and headed for his ship.
The barman walks over to a chalk board and adds "Blood Wine" to the list of specialities.

The pilot walks in nevrvous as ever, "What's that smell? Did you spill alcohol again?"

"No, just something a customer left us here, keep back kid. I think it might knock you out!" said the barman, with a grin.
"Oh well, don't worry about food then" The man repied, "They *cough* I will have to go without."

"I would like to sample some of the blood wine though." He handed over a small card. "Still got at least 10,000 on there, I hope it covers it"

He shook his untidy mop of hair, contrasting dramaticly to the fine clothes he wore.
2 men entered the bar.

they had been here before. they even stole some of the booze. poor quality booze.

they even got into a bar fight... with the bar itself.

Virgil looked around.

"I think this go-go bar will grow on me... I`ll have some of that blood wine I had the other day"

Cloud entered after Virgil.

"sir, wan t to sit at the bar or at a table?"

"let`s take a barstool."

Cloud ordered his rum coke.

"nice to see this heap of junk being used for something good for once. but where are all the prostitutes?"
Walking into the bar, Jekt looked around. Sighing, he walked up to the barkeep. "Whiskey, no ice" he said, taking off his sunglasses. Sitting down on the bar, he ran his hand through his spiky black hair. It had been a long run from the Omicron systems, and he was tired. He could use a drink. Sitting down, he took one of his headphones out of his left ear.
The barkeep served the gentlemen what they asked for, knowing exactly where he stores every bottle it didn't take him long.

Radclyffe walked onboard and yelled "We got the go-ahead from the Rheinland Military! Ei! It's those lads that sole my booze!"

Jason walks up "They promised to pay this time. So tell us lad's what's all yer stories?"
"I`ll pay for the booze. not your shoddy paint job" Virgil said.

"it was your fault we collided. you don`t park your crappy monument in front of the cruiser docks. accidents WILL happen then, as they did. as for the booze we stole... I.. eh, can`t quite make up an excuse right now. I `ll get back to ya"

he zipped his blood wine.

"ugh, that weird sour taste again. what do you put in this stuff"?

"don`t ask sir. I don`t think you want to hear the answer" Cloud said.

he turned on his stool to face Radclyffe.

"what on Manhattan possesed you to build a bar like this"?
Pages: 1 2 3