Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The christening of the Lobelia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Sir? Sir, SIR! GRANGER!" An exasperated junker, covered head to toe in some sort of mechanical lubricant yelled to a very rotund, very angry looking man. "Wa ya be needin, I be so busy ya better havin a good reason or I be kicking ya in the face." With a sigh the young mechanic replied "I came to tell you the Engines we scavenged from a wrecked Liberty cruiser have been installed. The problem is our generator here cant keep up with the shipyards demands, the other projects, and these engines. We cant prime them and initialize there cruise settings."

"Oi go take your sot covered mug somewhere else and make yourself busy these here engines are pigs, ya start em up, ya hear em SQUUUUEEEEEELLLLLL like a antlion caught wit a lonely kusarian Hah. Hrmph be bugging smiles now you get down there and help wit the electronics." Granger thundered as he made a rude gesture at the young mechanic and turned to a comm unit on the wall. "oi, OI Smiles ya bugger where be the generator for tis ship ya be breaking me on!" From the speaker a monotone voice slowly spilled from the spilled out "Granger I have told you umpteen times, I am working on it. The salvager with the generator we purchased should be arriving soon, I cannot magically wave a wand and make it appear" With a snort the mechanic began yelling into the com unit various crude references and threats about how "the generator better not be irradiated this time" or he would strap the first mate to it and watch him fry like a steak.

Elsewhere in a almost deserted bar on another station in the Puerto Rico sector

"Hmm this is rather good, where did you find it?" A lean man with a frail look about him asked to his companion a rather brooding fellow. "I was paid a full shipment of this wine from a trader in california, I have since been trying to track down the origin and year, but have had very little luck so far. It pains me since I will eventually run out" The thin man shook his head and replied "That upsets me, it is a most excellent wine, but onto matters at hand..."

"How is the progress with the armaments? I know Granger has his hands full with getting the ship spaceworthy, and Lentz with keeping Granger from killing someone." "The armaments are flowing smoothly as well is the fuel and supply allocation, the problem is in the electronics and making all the different parts play nice since we have used parts from many different makes." The raged man replied.

Taking another drink the thin man asked of his companion, "since only a few things remain have you christened her yet?" A wry smile spread over the black haired captains face, "Why yes...I am quite fond of calling it the Lobelia. Heh what do you think Doctor Frantz?" All humor left Frantz as he put down his drink and stared his companion in the eyes, "John, that is an ill name for a ship. It is a very bad omen" With a smile John Angrec replied "I like it, fits a bit doesnt it."

-

Junker protectionary vessel Lobelia
Class: 12 gun upgraded rhineland pirate cruiser, comparable to a vidar class hessian cruiser
Crew: 35 skeleton crew
Armament: 12 weapon slots, has not been decided yet
Deployment: Sigma 13, if need arises can be allocated at other locales

Officers:
Captain-John Angrec (mysterious man, good friends with the doctor)
First mate- Sorrin Lentz (Monotone very dry person, yet is extremely loyal and dependable)
Doctor- Ferdinand Frantz (rhinelander who Angrec met on some faraway local, appears almost malnorished. An avid cartographer)
Chief Engineer- Granger (rough and very crude man, is put up with due to his extreme know how with machines and dependability)
Chief security/weapons officer- Paul Arn (almost completely silent, a terror to behold in his element)

In a high class restaurant on Manhattan

A woman sits opposite a dark haired man in a long jacket, both have just ordered and are starting on their drinks. "So you called me here for what reason Mr. Angrec." Angrec, who had been staring into his drink for most of the time prior, looked up and said "Quite simply i want you on my crew, I've had some turnover and your one of the best pilots of larger ships I could find."

"I have a few questions first, what are we looking at some sort of large transport? Whats its route and what does it haul? Oh, I also want to know what kind of protectionary measures your going to put in place? Above all else, how much am I getting paid?" While the torrent of questions poured out, a waiter brought the food out before the two. A prime rib for Angrec and a trout, complete with a head and delicious side course, for the lady.

With a delighted sigh Angrec bit into a bite of the steak, after he finished chewing this morsel he turned to the lady and simply answered "My dear Ms. Corrin, for one your pay will be gracious and can be discussed later. First you simply must know its a vessel of war. We are not shipping anything besides the occasional vip, what we will be doing instead is protecting the other junkers who are in need of it." To this Ms. Laura Corrin stopped eating her fish and said "Junkers? Is that what you are? And who in the world would you be fighting? And where in the world did you get a warship!?!?"

"Shh, my dear it is not something to raise your voice over. We have many enemies from the wilde to the Kusarians. Also you do not need fear for quality, she is a beautiful ship. We bought an older model cruiser from the hessians and began to outfit it. I would darsay she is on par with their latest model cruiser. We need this to protect our interests." Relapsing into silence he cut another piece from the prime rib and put it into his mouth.

"Ill have to think about this. The pay better be worth it is all I have to say." "Do not worry my dear," Angrec replied "Your pay will be more then adequate and you will find it a good job I think. If you accept you will be doing comms and piloting. A good deal of my crew has left, not to mention my first mate and weapons officer, to go and pilot ships near our most troubled spot. While I do not fault them, this puts me in a bad situation and if you have any friends who come as highly recommended as you are I would be happy to give them an interview."

Lobelia status

-first mate
-weapons officer
+comms/pilot

Construction complete
Outfitting of weaponry underway