Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Order Primary Fleet Command Meeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Order Primary Fleet Command Meeting
Primary fleet only

Deep inside the base on Toledo, is a large room with a long metal table inside. On the door it says "Meeting Room A". There are a large ammount of men outside, all with ID cards strapped to their uniforms. There were a Variaty of faces, Jason Night, Tovig Kelt, John Arkantos, and waiting by the door, Admiral Rand Seith. The Doors to the room then Opened automaticly, Everyone emidiatly walked in, there were computerised name tags by every seat. The Admiral was at the end to the far side, next to him on his left was John Arkantos, to his right Jason Night. There were Jug's of water laid out on the table, people began to help themselfs. Then the Admiral stood up, the room went quiet, and the meeting began.
Rand stood up as a gesture to his officers and saluted them, when he did, the whole room stood up as a show of respect to rank and awaited Seith to sit before even blinking an eye.

Seith looked around. All of his officers were there except for Admiral Asar, who was on assigned duty. "It would be nice to have him here" Rand thought.

When Rand started to talk, there was a wall of silence.

- "You all know why we are here and what we will talk. I presume you all have your reports prepared about the specific postings the Secretaria of Admirality has assigned you. We have certain matters that require additional discussion and brainstorming. I am not expecting all the outcome of this meeting to be cheerful but we do what we have to do."

After he formally opened up the meeting, he stopped to gaze at each of his officers. They were fine men and women. All had their traits and setbacks but they thrived to battle against the alien threat day and night. Most have sacrificed more than an average person would accept. Some lost their families on this path, some their past.

Seith was no different, he didn't have much to hold on to and life had pulled him here, to this very room as the Fleet Admiral of Order.

No one interrupted his thoughts, the discipline within the ranks was formidable and everyone awaited him to talk again without even making a sound.

And then, Rand started to talk, in a more informal, friendly way with a grim, sad touch on his voice.

- "Alright people, we are being beaten hard. The Huner attacks have slowed down in the recent weeks but it may only be a small silence before the storm. We are low on resources and Admiral Night and Captain Kelt are working day and night to recover whatever we can.

Most people outside of Order believe that this rebellion thing is hurting us. On the contrary, I don't even think about it any more than bureaucracy needs me to do so. Nomads are our real threat and they are lurking. Our forward field agents reported movements in Tohoku, Omega sectors as well as this new Gallia systems. We lost contact to many of our secret contractors and even though we have quite a lot of resources to hold our position here, we cannot expand with this amount of credits and necessary commodities.

I want you all to realize this well. We are not dead, many of us will in the end before our span comes to a natural death anyway, but we are in a good position. However, to protect this without losing it all, we may have to consider a defensive and avoiding plan. I have appointed Colonel Reavengitair to work on research and expeditions for a possible habitable new system just in case that we have to leave our homes. You don't know how I know it but I know that our enemies and the aliens know more than we want them to know about the Order. I cannot and will not risk it to play bold. We may have to retreat into the shadows for a while.

Now, talk to me. Before I go to my bed tonight, I want decisions to be taken and actions put in play about this stupid rebellion, about the protection of Delta and some estimations about what we may lose and save in case of a major scale attack on us that we don't predict. Speak up freely, I am sincerely not in the mood for formalities."

Seith leaned back to his seat, opened up his personal PDA to take notes of people's speaches and awaited his officers reports with a solid patience.

John stood up quickly, beating the other Officers to it. "The Rebels sir, They are a pointless use of resources. We were made for one reason, and that is to counter the Nomad threat, the Bounty Hunters intervine, so we stop them, if the Rebels disagree with that, then they are not The Order, they are nothing, just a bunch of Rogue pilots trying to get our attention, lets not give it to them, we have other things to worry about" John took a sip of water. "One of them used to be in my squad, and i am resisting temptation to go and kill him now, but lets concintrate on our perpouse The Nomads come first, The Bounty Hunters require some attention but not all of it, and the Rebels? like i said, Rogues, leave them be". John sat down after that, a few claps and cheers headed in his direction he smiled and took another drink of water.
Carter finished clapping and stood up. "I agree completely with John, the only thing the rouges represent is a weakness in the Order as seen by other factions. This can be solved with a bit of diplomatic surgery, and a show of force here and there. They will not stop us in any way. But, umm, to change the subject... The diplomatic talks we have begun with the Zoners is an important step, I have just contacted thier leader on high security comms, and I am waiting for a response. These alliances will help us spread influence and give us more room to combate our enemies. I hope we can utilize this room successfully. And I'm hoping the new training and recruitment can do just that."
Carter stopped and put a glass of water to his parched throat, and sat down.
After Jack carefully listen his colleges talking and when Colonel Carter finished he stood up and started:
I have something to say about those Rebels...they are not worth of spending our valuable resources,but they have been distrupting some of our operations and trying to cut our supply lines,and that's the reason why we must pay attention to them and stop them in their intentions,I don't care if it's diplomatic or old fashion way with guns.I personally would rather go by old fashion way,because so far any negotiations have failed due the...nonsense requirements from rebels,they are to arrogant and self-centered.But that's just me.

Ohh,almost forgot,Colonel Carter mentioned recruits...as Recruit officer with Captain Kelt I assure you that we are doing our best to ensure valuable and good pilots to become one of us.We have contacted several people and they are under evaluation by our agents.I am aware of alliances that Colonel Carter mentioned and we will assure that we have enough and good pilots to help in those alliances and be a part of them.

Jack finished and returned back to his seat.

Now Jason stood up. Looking around into the empty faces of the pilots commanders and commodores.
"We should not forget..." he started
"that we as order have a oath. These traitors break it and deserve the death. I fully agree with John here.
Still to hunt them down would be a waste of recources which we are getting with so much work and so slow.
I suggest that we leave them be for this moment until there is a real need to eliminate them all. We should get our moves thinked carefuly every ship we draw away from the line in Delta is another weak spot for a nomad attack. The most of the 3rd and 4th battlegroup were called back to Minor as a defence agiainst these traitors. The real problem is that with our recourses and the few ships we have in Delta at this moment we could not hold back a concetrate nomad attack. I hope I dont have to remind you that if we lose delta one of our most important supply routes is lost with it. We can not afford to lose it now. We are building up our new forces but we need time. I suggest that we send the whole 3rd battlegroup back into Delta to hold the line. I guess when we show enough ships there these rebels will retreat into another system. You agree with me here?"
The people at the table started to talk. Turned around to eachother. Some still looked over to Jason who sit back down.
"The zoners were good and trustful allies all the time I guess a meeting with them about what we can do to secure there Freeport 11 better and maybe about some more supplys would be helpful." He sayed as he sat down.
Tovig Kelt ligth off his cigar, take his breath and stand up, ready to talk.

"Greetings sirs, comrades. I must be agreed with all of you here. This rebels are maybe the most important threat against us... Except for Nomads, of course."

Tovig chuckle once, then restart his speech.

"Too many times they have found refuge on Freeport 11. Zoners are the allies of the Order. The true Order. I really think we got to make a clear situation about that. We can't let terrorists be protected by one of our closest friend. Hell, it's like LSF protecting Liberty Rogues from LPI !"

The audience laughed.

"Of course, we must have a dense diplomatic talk with the Zoners, like every civilizated part of Sirius would did. Because, us, the Order have always privilieged diplomatic stances than brutal force, instead of this bloody rebels. As a Zoner born myself, I know this is the best way to resolve problems. But be sure sirs, comrades, if we need to use frontal attack against this bunch of criminals, count in me. Our mission, fighting the aliens threat, is the most important. Most than everything else. And we will not let some crazy ex-Order agents create division in our fleet. Thanks you sirs."

Some applause can be heard and the Captain Kelt sit down quietly on his chair, lighting on a new cigar.
Colonel Eric McCormick stood up next, taking a quick sip of water before starting.

Ok, first of all, I would like to point out something. As the others have said, the Order Rebellion should not be taking up the majority of our resources. Also, in all my time here, I have yet to see the Order Rebellion launch a full-scale attack on Omicron Minor. If you ask me, they lack the leadership to pose any real threat to us. Therefore, I don't think we should be using a whole fleet to go after a disorganized bunch of pilots. Also, may I remind you that the Corsair Empire has been notified that the Order Rebellion is planning an alliance with the Outcasts? There is no way the Corsairs will stand for this, meaning we have another ally out to get the Order Rebellion. With the combined might of the Corsair Empire and the Order, there is no way a puny little group like the Order Rebellion can cause any major threat to us.

Now, on to the bigger priorities. As you know, the Nomads have been mobilizing their forces in a more aggressive way these past few weeks. However, I would like to praise the efforts of our pilots. Just the other day, we managed to push them back to Omicron Iota. However, do not grow cocky. The minute we let our guard down, they could be at the front door to Omicron Minor. Therefore, I would like everyone here to be more aware about our other pilots and the movements of our enemies. If any of our members reports a Nomad sighting and calls for assistance, I implore you to answer the call of duty and help that pilot. The same exact thing can be said about the Bounty Hunters Guild Core.

As for our supplies, I am well aware that recent convoys have come under attack. Therefore I have notified one of my friends in the Brotherhood to send some shipments of food, supplies, and money to the Battleship Isis. His name is Carlos Rivera and he flies a Pirate Transport by the name of La.Chupacabra, so if you see him, let him through. He should also say that I sent him.

Minor applause can be heard in the conference room as the Colonel sits down to listen to his comrades' responses