Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bombers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Let's compare VHFs and bombers.

Bombers can:

Fire 4 class 9 guns almost limitlessly.
Sustain heavy damage from fighters (razor hits, missiles, ect.)
Engine Kill
Fulfill the role of a fighter.

Fighters can:

Fire 6 class 9s for a few seconds.
Die with one well placed SNAC shot.
Outturn bombers
Not fulfill the rule of a bomber.

Now it's true that I didn't analyze every element of these ship classes, but it's fair to say bombers can be bombers, which is well and good, and fighters, which is bad. The next question is what to do about it. One idea I had was to lower the hull of bombers, allowing fighters take them out quicker. Of course this makes them vulnerable to capital ships, which makes them basically worthless. Another strategy would be to bump up the powercores on fighters. The issue here is that fighters would start mounting SNACs if they got too powerful, so we'd have to balance the energy levels carefully. Maybe a slight buff of fighter cores and a small reduction in bomber armor would work too.
Oh for f*** sake man, this is the fifth thread about this in a week.

I can't be bothered explaining. I'm about 90% sure this thread was created because you got SNAC'ed by a Bomber in your Fighter.

God damn wussie whiners.
God not this again... Bombers were already nerfed. I dont think they are overpowered, not now anyways.
Bombers are good as they are.No need for changes.I love snac'ing fighters btw:yahoo:

GTFO
' Wrote:Bombers are good as they are.No need for changes.I love snac'ing fighters btw:yahoo:

It is fun, but that's not what bombers are for.
' Wrote:God not this again... Bombers were already nerfed. I dont think they are overpowered, not now anyways.
The bombers themselves weren't nerfed (well, some were, but others like the barghest and Waran became amazing), but the SNAC was. The projectile speed was lowered and the firing arks limited.
' Wrote:GTFO

you forgot: STFU

Meaning, any half-decent fighter pilot can dodge SNAC shots, i can dodge them in a praetorian, one of the slowest bombers (aside the barghest and mjolnir), also, most bombers go with 3 or 4 shieldbusters, which meanst that if you can dodge SNACs and cannonballs, they dont stand a chance.

Seriously, always look at your abilities before your tools (or in this case, those of your oponents).
' Wrote:The bombers themselves weren't nerfed (well, some were, but others like the barghest and Waran became amazing), but the SNAC was. The projectile speed was lowered and the firing arks limited.

If I recall corectly , werent the powerplants of the bombers nerfed and the SNAC/Nova energy drain reduced ? So regular guns would take more of the powerplant , making them less eficient vs fighters.
Please don't nerf bombers, because then everyone will fly a fighter against fighters and it is anyone's game at that point! I like destroying bombers in my Heavy Fighter:(

If you can SNAC a fighter, either the other person made a mistake with his shields down, or you have unnatural aim.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14