Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: -=[]CALLING ALL AUSSIES[]=-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
This is just an interest thread to see if anyone would be interested in joining an Australian Nation if it was made. The idea would be that the members are descended from Aussies who served as rearguard against the Coalition so that the Alliance Sleeper Ships could escape...and did so well they managed to get their own carrier past the blockade, caught up with the Bretonnia (with its engine problems and all) and became a part of Bretonnia...over the centuries, the Poms started treating the Aussies like second-class citizens (Basically, BMM using them as cheap labour) until they staged their own breakout and exodus.

Now seeking a nation and system of their own, the Aussies are taking refuge with the Zoners, and planning their return as a people in their own right, with thier own government, territory and laws.

If such a faction was created, who'd be up for it?

I've got a few ideas myself, if I got elected leader [Yes, there WILL be elections once we have enough members]

If you have any ideas for it...or want in, please vote on the polls and post below, mkay?
from all races? From all backgrounds? I think zoners ARE aussie!
Errrr, I don't think so. I don't think it's a very good idea, i'm just being honest here.
Well..... being an actual for real Aussie myself, I'd be interested in seeing how it would work out.

If it turns out to be something that 'clicks' for me, then I'd definately be in it.

On a side note, my ancestry has been traced back a fair ways, not sure how many generations back it goes, but I reckon I'd qualify. :lol:
terrible idea about the extra sleeper ship, we already had one unknown one.
but i'm definitely up for anzlagging with some folks in terrible timezones.
Then we can add Scandinavia and Sweeden and Lativa and India and Malaysia and Canada and New Zealand and Brazil and Argentina and ever other country out there that someone is from and decideds they want to be included to!

Or we could just stick to canon and say hell no.

Face it, your country died with the rest of the Alliance.
Ohaidar! Aussies dai'd when Sol went boom! Some of us may have escaped with other Sleeper ships, but surely not enough for the creation of a faction that doesn't even have a goal!

Tbh, ANZ don't have a place in Sirius. You could try and make a parody faction, as I believe some existing factions are parodies of modern or past groups (Example, I'm pretty sure some of the Molly's are based on the IRA.)

Warning. Before you make -any- attempt at something like this, think very carefully. Plan it out very well. Discuss it with any existing factions it may affect. And make sure it actually has a goal.

Edit - For -any- chance of our Sleeper ship making it through for your purposes, I do believe you would need the permission of Igiss himself. After all, the Gallics didn't spontaneously appear without his permission.

The ANZLAG faction.....
No country-specific factions may be made? (Unless this allows people from, per se, Croatia to join.)

All in all, we should have gotten a sleeper ship. We did not. Instead, in RL, we go to the fridge and crack a cold one.:D
Well, there's always the Port Jackson colony on Planet <strike>Sydney</strike> Gran Canaria, for your Australian-influenced stuff. Computers at the colony even lag badly!

Seriously, though, having a faction based on where you're from in RL isn't really a good idea. It's been done before, and not really worked out, since the RP is kinda shaky. Still, if you can make it work, then feel free to give it a try! Just because others have failed doesn't mean that you will too.

If there were any Aussies that made it to Sirius, though, they probably went on the Bretonia, and eventually got assimilated into the overall Bretonian culture.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15