Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Leaving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No Im not joking. Im leaving for good now. I cant seem to play freelancer now the way I used to. There are too many things in the way now, like number one: my job really cuts my game time to at max two hours a day (which is really if I ever decide to play at all). Now every time I do play I need to play a fast action shooting game and not the patient needy freelancer (I waste most of it in my job). Now as to leaving: yes Ill leave from the game, but Ill lurk on the forums (late at night (-4 GMT 2:00am 3:00am to be exact)). For those of you who ask if I will come back: Ill come back around the time Openlancer is up and running, Age of Empires VI is out and Windows Vista is obsolete.

Now for those of you who do not know my routine: I work right now from 4:00pm to 12:00am (that is if the queue is 0 but I have lasted there till 2:00am). I work for a call center that receives calls from Western Union, PeoplePC and Earthlink. I work for the Earthlink Section. Im a Tier I technician (nearly a Tier II) that takes calls dealing with email and DSL Problems. I have found out there are some real stupid people in the world and by the time I can play something I really dont like to think about patience games. Just point and shoot or blow up or crash etc.

Now during the day I tend to sleep. I wake up around 10:00am 12:00pm. In that small time that I have to myself I have to work on business plans and stuff which right now is going snail pace. We got two projects queued up. Project Beta is planed to generate cash to make Project Alpha worth it. Right now for Project Beta my associates and I are trying to find out if it is even worth to set it up in our country. If not well have to come up with a Project Gamma.

As to my life let me see I plan not to assist the University for two reasons: first the carrier I want to study isnt here (gamming and simulation). What is here is Systems Engineer that one day I told my mother that Systems Engineer is somewhat similar to gamming and simulation and after that comment my mother wants me to study that even tough I dont want to. Second: People go to the University to make money later; so why would I want to do that if I already have two business projects on my hands and want to quit my job the first chance I get (crappy pay). Just a few random family members that disagree with this among them my parents (havent told them yet, but I will post their reaction in here:P) but I am getting backup. I also want to move out of the house by the time Im 23. My parents seem to think Im a big failure and pushed that age to 29 and now I plan to leave when Im 22 by the latest. Note: Im 19.

Now then I gave permission to Korrd to take all my stuff and scrap my ships and turn it into cash. The reason is that you guys will compete for my cash in an event Im thinking of. The total net worth should be around 150mil (I know Im poor:P) Korrd can give a more exact number. The event will be in another post. In the mean time bye for now and have keep flying safely in space.

Note: I might still haunt the forums:P

Caribe
Never Flew with you much, but its sad too see a member formaly leave.

Safe Flying and Good Hunting

Verginix Out
Take care mate...

You will be missed.
Its a shame to c u go. Al though i did not know u persnoly im sure that u will be sorly missed:(

I hope u get promoted and come bak to the needy paciants of a freelancer:D

MrSns
Even though I have never flown with you, I'm sure it was a great oppertunity missed. :(

Good luck with everything! :)
But... But... I never got my chance to kill you!
You will be missed Caribe, that's true. Sad to see you leave.
Sad to see another long time member leave, i never flew with you but then i haven't flown with many.
Take care and be prosperous!
Aaron Koss
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ok that was dramatic.

Now, sad to see ya go man. Hope your life turns out well.
Not good to see you leave...

I tell you, that job will consume your life... You would be better by getting some other thing that is not related to dealing with customers...
You should follow an IT degree or something and get a real job, not that punishment...

I think we will met again... Until then, good luck.:)
Pages: 1 2 3