Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sirius News Network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Kishiro-2.png]Today at 17:00 by our time an press conference was held by the new board of directors representing the new leadership of Kishiro Technologies. There were rumors that Kishiro leadership is suffering from lack of ideas on how to keep up with current situations in Sirius space, but seems there are new minds available to tackle this problem. The conference was short, but some questions were asked and they were answered in fully. The Board of Directors felt that all questions of importance will be answered trough next few days and that the index of Kishiro Technologies will calm down once the whole transit stage is over.

The new CEO, Hokani Mitsuo (光子) listened closely to the questions asked, taking as much time as he needs to answer them all properly.

Q: Why has there been a sudden change in Kishiro Technologies leadership? This rupture surprised everyone and the first thing that suffered were your stocks.

A: Thank you. This change in Kishiro Technologies is all but sudden, it was something that we deemed was necessary for more than a year now. The Kishiro has stopped acting as a corporate giant should. The corruption inside grew, lowering the guard and allowing everyone to get their hands into Kishiro profit. This hurt the advancement the most. Perhaps people don't recall the history but Kusari space enjoyed great luck when Kishiro managed to genetically modify the fish and rice to survive in Tokyo harsh climate. From there, the Technologies were meant to rise, not fall and drown in corruption. We have decided it is a time for changes and cleanup of existing corruptions that are flowing trough our company. Starting tomorrow.

Q: What were the biggest threats that old Kishiro government failed to tackle?

A: Interesting question. The businessman inside me wants to say that Kishiro allowed Samura and their allies to grow too much in Kusari space, knitting their politics and leaving Kishiro out of the loop. But truth is that we will tackle that problem easily. The Kusari Government knows who has earned the respect of their elders, and who has helped out the Kusari nation in the past. We plan to do so again, making Kusari grow and climbing on top of corporate strength in Sirius.

Q: How do you plan to do that?

A: Thank you. That is an difficult question actually, because it requires me to discover some of the steps Kishiro will take in next month. But I will try to do my best without revealing too much.
Kusari is suffering from the foreign invasion, rapid one, and the uncontrolled one. As suprising as it might sound, Kishiro does not support the uncontrolled foreign invasion to Kusari space. It breeds corruption, discontent and difficulty to maintain blockades towards Bretonnian space. We will tackle that problem, you see, Kishiro is for the foreign cooperation, but controlled foreign cooperation. Via many different contracts, some already established - like one with the Gas Miners Guild, we plan to take things in our hands and control the amount of useful foreign trade in Kusari space. That is all I will say for now about this matter, thank you.

Q: How do you plan to attract more personnel than your rivals?

A: Thank you. We are planning to offer better protected convoys, structured leadership and ofcourse, Kishiro has their own transports to fly with. We do not require our pilots to be rich to participate. For start Three Kusari Container Transports will be activated and offered for new pilots to command them in our convoys. Once their salary allows them a purchase of their own ship they will be able to sprout on their own. Ofcourse, usage of our ships will mean a slight less profit, but its far better than rival companies offer to their pilots.

//actually, you can ask questions as reporters yourself now. They will be quoted and answered.
Karl Albrecht, a chubby Rheinlander was sitting in the second row and raised his hand. He was pointed at by Hokani Mitsuo.

Herr Hokani Mitsuo, can you tell us about your stance towards ALG Waste Disposal? I know this company is looking forward to a closer cooperation.
A: We have currently contacted the leadership of your nation. Depending on your response, we will know more. But I am looking forward to cordial cooperations between our two nations. I hope that answers enough mister Albrecht.
Caroline rose from her seat. She felt it was time to ask some more critical question - you could almost feel the tension rising.

"Caroline Philips, Colorado Network News - Mr. Mitsou, I have 2 question for you.

First, can you tell us please, about your trade strategy for the Colorado system. Are you going to re-evaluate your preferred trade routes and what would be your new trade items for the people of planet Denver?"

This was the easy one.. only a teaser ...

"And my second question is what would be the new position of Kishiro Technologies in the ongoing struggle between the states of Kusari and Bretonia and how your company will be involved in supporting the war logistics?

Thank you, Mr. Mitsou."

Caroline reseated herself and paid close attention to the words of Mr. Mitsou. The whole media crowd was totally silent in expectation.....
at Caroline's question Taito Okuma rose from his hard chair stepping up to the podium.
"I'll take this one" he stated in a fluent and heavily practiced libertonian accent, despite his obvious kusari appearance.

"We're currently engaged in negotiations with Ageria over the shipment of gate and lane parts from the Colorado system to the two construction projects active in Kusari space. We're hoping for a profitable partnership with Ageria but as well as this, we will be exporting our latest Kishiro K344 Manifold and Combustion systems to all liberty shipyards and major planets such as Denver." Taito stated, before flashing a large smile to the crowd, the libertonians of which were nodding with approval.

Taito let the murmurs subside before continuing on with Caroline's second question.
"As for the war, i have little to say, It is an issue to be handled by the kusari government. Though we are discussing it with the Emperor, kishiro's official stance is that we are firm supporters of the government of kusari and will respect their decision to go to war against Bretonia."
A Kusarian-looking woman stands up.
Good day, my name is Caroline Green, i'm from LA news.
At this point, another reporter looks up, seemingly a tad stunned
My question to you is the following. How is your stance towards the Kusarian womens? Will you act like Samura does, pretending they are no true humans and thus don't have much, or any of the human rights, or will you act more liberal, saying they have the same rights like mens in Kusari?
Mitsuo frowned for a moment looking towards the reporter

"A bright mind knows no sex boundaries, however, structure and tradition does and maybe our tradition where a woman has a role of supporter instead of equal is strange to you.
I find my wife as a great support in my life, and she will remain at my side until we are ready to pass on. I also see no problem with cooperating with a businessman that is actually an woman, for example, in Liberty. Perhaps things work like that in Liberty, but I need my wife as my support. "

*He chuckles lightly*

But to answer your question in more detail, and from Kishiro's side, we cannot really involve ourselves in the current sex disputes and debates, perhaps later in time when Kishiro decides to benefit community in such way. For now, we have to focus on benefiting humanity from technologist's view. Our chips are recognized across Sirius, and while I can't really say that chips are more valuable than human rights, I can say that it is pointless to send an spokesman and researcher into a sociological debate.
I could compare it with sending a mechanical engineer to perform surgeries.

Thank you.

He shifts his weight, expecting the next question.
Some might say that the role you define as a supporter is just a synonym for a Kuasrian slave.

However, i have one last question.
More than two thousand years ago, a prophecy has been made in the ancient Yamataikoku.
It was made by a priestress of Amaterasu.
She said, that for two thousand years, mankind will be exhausted, will be left for death and ruin by rulers like the current head of Samura. Two thousand years they would fight wars for the goddess because they fear themselves. But once, in thousand generations, this reign of terror would be molded to dust, and the golden age of mankind would come.

Some believe the current situation in Kusari is the only thing that does stop this prophecy from becomming truth. Some believe mankind has to prove it's worth the golden age before it comes.
What would you do if Amaterasu reappears and asks that Kusari gives same rights to men and women so the golden age would come? Would you then fight for the old traditions or would you fight for freedom, wisdom and never ending happiness?
*he just leans slowly forward so he can be heard loud and clear*

We are far from golden age and we have to earn it.
I do not think that women movements such as GC should be equal to us. They have chosen the path of extreme violence and support the Bretonnian government. That is the wrong path, and ones supporting violence will never have the key for the golden age. Sadly, once this war with bretonia is done, we might have a chance to enter the golden age as you speak of it, but as far as I am concerned, Kishiro just entered it's own golden age.
Securing vital trade points and commodities will even us up with Samura and we will rise to be the benefactors of Kusari space.