Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
thanks again Dusty, please keep us updated. turns out alot more people like mining and are still optimistic about it than i thought!
' Wrote:Platinum added to the ring of planet Tremont. The large green one you see on your left when you undock from Erie.

Hello

Just spent 30 minutes flying around this ring shooting 100's of rocks and got nothing. On the system map the area for mining at Tremont is in the middle of the planet??

:(
Well i didnt see any rock at all near Tremont. Is it bugged, that mine zone is INSIDE planet?
I'm in favour of some good Hfuel mining operations, and those alien organisms are great too. but when mining gets improved, perhaps upping the initial price of alien organisms from 100 to 300 and upping a sell price for 150 would help favour of mining.

For now you have to spend good amount of time, and then haul it off to Cambridge, while trader just buys it at freeport or Kurile for a cheap cheap price.
-delete-
' Wrote:With the addition of Alien Organisms to Sigma-19 which followed on the heels of GMG| fighting the OCs to gain access to them, will GMG and perhaps Kishiro IDs get a bonus as well as the GMG Miner and Whale?

I think S-19 is where Samura's base is - Planet Kurile. Samura should definitely get a bonus for alien organisms. Not so sure about Kishiro though... Aren't Kishiro and Samura basically mortal enemies? Samura should definitely be trying to stop Kishiro for invading "their turf", but should Kishiro get the bonus anyway? Dunno. Just thinking out loud.

Anyways... any plans for adding mining bonus of alien organisms and artifacts for Research ID ships? My crazed scientist would be most pleased, as it'll mean fewer unholy deals to land on Crete... ^_^ Ah, such a wonderous sight it is, the X-Shuttle drifting slowly through the nomad habitat debris fields, gathering curious specimens and artifacts.

Argyle
Hey! I wanted to give an update!

Something is wrong with the Tremont platinum ring. I forgot to post this revelation here as we spent about an hour after finding it trying to figure out what the heck went wrong.

In short, the ring works perfectly on the dev server, it doesn't work on the main server and we're scratching our heads over why.

So don't try to mine there at the moment, for some reason asteroids aren't dropping except for in bizzaro locations which move and shift with the tide.

As to calculations, we have complex maths that we're using to calculate profit per hour per person in mining/trade groups in order to set the appropriate bonuses, which we're testing somewhat vigorously now that I can pull in a few bodies to help. I spent about 5 hours at it the other night and we're getting closer to having an ideal setup here shortly.

The plugin -might- get delayed a touch longer due to a small change I want to make. Namely in which fields are "fun" to mine in. Omega 11, for instance, spawns a ton of asteroids which you can pop all day long. It's extremely entertaining. The drop for each rock would be extremely low given that you can have up to 12 of them spawn in front of you.

On the other hand the field in Tau-32 spawns rocks very rarely, interspersed with static asteroids you can't shoot and it's basically aggravating to mine there. Each rock you pop would end up dumping a load of ore but it might end up becoming boring in short order.

It's on the low end of the priority list, but there it is.

It's my hope that we'll have the mining mod turned on this upcoming Monday and cranking along at 50%. We'll have the bonus' turned on fully but we'll still be playing around with end game sale destinations. Right now our "basic" goal is to have three sale points using flhook for practical sale returns.

One lawful close, one lawful far and one grey far.

Given that Ores need to have absurdly high sale prices in order to give practical returns it's touch and go in addition to requiring some fine tuning. So we can add more sale prices in addition to moving them down the road. So continue to bear with us as we make things somewhat "generic" in the beginning before moving on to more "RP" destinations.

Remember, you make more money selling at the further destinations. Right now you -can- make pretty damn good money selling at the further destinations. One field in particular gives rather spectacular returns.

Remember that the system is based around mining teams. Please keep posting your thoughts and feedback!
In respect of the Tremont field, I have, on two occasions, successfully mined Platinum from it, be that it was hard work, it appears to be in one localized spot and the coordinates are critical.

As Dusty and Angel Sass were with me on that 1st occasion, I thought I'd add my comments here too.
Randomly appearing "bugged" mining fields might actually be an interesting touch if you can replicate the "bug" elsewhere. Make them profitable, but hard to find. That would be a brilliant shake-up to mining.

If, of course, you can actually replicate said "bug."
dusty, i would like to thank you for all the hard work you have done for mining, and i would like to offer my help testing whatever mining stuff you need.

again, thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6