Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
' Wrote:Will the Basalt LF + Mining Laser be given a mining bonus? Considering it was given a turret for the sole purpose of mounting a mining laser, it probably should, shouldn't it?

This. Also can the turret turret be made to turn 360, or at least 180 front arc, please? Also any chance for a mining gun?
I understand the bonus is off,

I could not find these fields in omega 11 that are supposedly marked by the bouy. No ore in the indicated area.

You are refering to the bouy that mark the path to the jump gate?
' Wrote:I understand the bonus is off,
I could not find these fields in omega 11 that are supposedly marked by the bouy. No ore in the indicated area.

You are refering to the bouy that mark the path to the jump gate?

If it's anything like Tau-37, the mining areas will be within the rad field by a new nav buoy. They are quite small (compared to an entire asteroid belt being mineable) and will show up on your map if you have the "mineable area" option selected.

To clarify, these are not the nav buoys that show the path to the jump gate.
Omega 7 5/6 E/F near the Bremenhaven wreck.

There is ore to be mined here. Issue is that the ore is destroyed before you can tractor it in due to the gas clouds in the area. So mining is this area is a waste of anyones time due to the quick expiration of the minable ore.

Was this factored in? I like the fact you have to tractor it in quickly, so could you extend the ores life so its mineable or just move the minable area to another location outside the gas cloud area.
' Wrote:If it's anything like Tau-37, the mining areas will be within the rad field by a new nav buoy. They are quite small (compared to an entire asteroid belt being mineable) and will show up on your map if you have the "mineable area" option selected.

To clarify, these are not the nav buoys that show the path to the jump gate.

Omega 11 entire system is radiation.

Additionally, due to the radiation exposure in the entire system, your repairs after achieving a full load of what ever materials you have obtained will amount a charge of 25-30% of your profit total at the nearest profitable base. Time traveled, repairs, and mining time is not economically viable for a miner at this current time in Omega 11.

EDIT UPDATE: Found the indicated bouys, They are listed in your radar list as unknown obgects. You can find them in the southern most outer ring of the red giant solar corona. Continue further west of the ring to find others.
Note: Radiation damage is present and profit loss to repairs need to be considered when mining in these locations.
I'm always glad to see things being improved & appreciate all the hard work being done, especially as it is being done by a small horde of unpaid & under-appreciated people. In the past I have been a moderator for several groups in yahell & assisted in a couple of forums so I have at least a small idea of the work involved & the enjoyment you receive when you know your work is appreciated.

I run both an independent heavy trader & a mining ship, sometimes feel more like doing one or the other. I was a bit disappointed to find the niobium field in Omega 49 to be completely gone, nothing but water to be found there now.

I was happy to find this topic, it helps a lot to get an idea of what might be where, at least at some time in the future.
Bonus is n ot on yet, TL;DR
' Wrote:It's my hope that we'll have the mining mod turned on this upcoming Monday and cranking along at 50%.

hows it coming? can we get an update?
also, is there anything we can do to help?
any update on the mining mod
Hm, so whats up with mining?

Would be awesome to hear(read) something new. (even s.th. like "we need more time";))

MFG

Th3Cr0w
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6