Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BHG| to the CR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
---Incoming Transmission---
--CommID: George Graves--

I read in recent reports that mineral studies have been carried out by a reconnaisance wing of your organisation in Omicron Delta. Needless to say, we appreciate the presence of determined and resourceful people such as yourselves to these remote systems. Life brings hope to these dead places, and the company of fellow men makes us remember our humanity, a lesson many of us learn the hard way unfortunately.

The mining of Iridium will, I'm sure, present the CR with plenty of opportunities. But regretfully, there are many pirates and equally unwelcome guests out here as well. Tread carefully. Many inhabitants of this system are far from neighbourly. Greed, mistrust and deceit are common.

I'm sure our forward operating patrols will be grateful of the company at the very least, and will afford to you every welcome. The Nyx fighters are a design which few of us have ever encountered.

These systems are dangerous - the alien civilisations we have supplanted may yet provide some resistance. The Cretans and the Maltese frequently use the network of systems as a battleground for their anceint feud.

As a gesture of goodwill, I am sending you this fine piece of polished Iridium. We pull this stuff out of our exhausts after every patrol, there is such an abundance of it. Enough for everyone, I'm sure you will find.

Attached are codes for secure channel direct to the Guildhall, and our corporate affairs office will facilitate a generous discount for any contracts you may wish to negotiate.

Many of our members are unfamiliar with your people. Perhaps a formal introduction could be arranged?

Signed,

George Graves

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection Lost--

*Incoming Transmission*
*Encryption - Unknown*
*Triangulating Signal Location: Tau 44*
*Communication ID: Fleet Admiral Karl Meek, Colonial Fleet*

With kind regards to Mr. George Graves,

I apologise for the late return of your transmission as it has just fell upon my desk you know... red tape and the likes. I am contacting you to confirm the reciept of your transmission. Your proposal is to be considered by the Democratically elected Colonial Government before a decision is made. I have already forwarded the message to the correct authourities.

I am sure that the President of the Colonial Republic will contact you shortly regarding the matter, once a decision has been reached.

Regards, Fleet Admiral Karl Meek

*Transmission End*
Damn this communications net... didn't notice it up till today.

Well, thanks for the warm welcome. it's... warmer than the one we got from the Order by at least a degree of magnitude.

Now for some explanation...

The operations we are conducting in the Edge Worlds aren't only mineral surveys. The objectives of the 88th task force as well as its civilian support units is to conduct complex exploration and research in the area. I'm grateful for your gesture and assure you, that it will not be forgotten. Iridium is anextremely valuable commodity which thusfar we were forced to import at elevated prices. Now that there is a possibility of mining some ourselves, our war effort in the Taus will be aided greatly.

As per security measures... The 88th task force is led by the carrier Nemesis. One of the latest acquisitions of our fleet. Her commander and crew are experienced soldiers and considering the lack of diplomatically-hostile entities in the area, I'm certain they are in actually a less precarious situation than they'd be conducting operations in the Taus. Unfortunately there's always the Nomad Factor to be considered, but I am confident, that no human will have any second thoughts regarding what to shoot in case there is trouble with those aliens.

The officer in charge of the 88th taskforce and consequently the whole operation is Vice Admiral Constantine Breetai. Easiest way offinding him is either by the external instant-communications network or by looking for a black Zephyr-class carrier around Omicron Lost. I don't think he'll mind meeting with the Guild's representatives.

Basil Angelos, President of the Colonial Republic