Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: House Currencies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Should there be house currencies instead of the universal sirius credit?
What do you think? I would really like to get the community's opinion on this one.

I think there should be different currencies for different houses (for example the Libertonion dollar, Rheinland Mark, Kusari Yen, Bretonion Pound and Borderworld Rupee (and I suppose the Gallic Franc)) as it would be brilliant RP to reflect their current economic situations and you could make some cash off them too! (It would take a dynamic economy though).

Essentially replacing the 'Sirius Credit Card' with 'Rheinland Marks' or whatever house you are in is what I am suggesting. Then if you hold onto them and it increases in worth against the Bretonion pound you go into Bretionia and sell them for profit.

I like this idea even though it has a next to no chance of happening.
I voted yes because it would be cool but also I know that doing such thing would take lots of coding an would be very buggy, basically impossible.
I like credits. They're a universal unit of money. See: Euro.
I'm too used to Credits to like anything else. And you forgot the Coalition ruble ;)
Cool, but we'd either have to do it credit card style, make them increments of one but take no cargo space, or pursuade cannon to do some FLHook wizardry.
Love the idea, impossible to implement :\
Good thought But Impossible
I voted yes, because the idea is awesome.

Houses at war with each other, different cultures and economic models, even people who werent related to the houses for the first hundred years of the sirian age (ranging from Hispania crew to Gallia)... it all points towards separated currencies. So I do think it'd be a great thing to add it, RP wise.

It could also mean a new way of trading, not in commodities but in currency. Of course these'd be high-risk runs, and to make it more realistic there should be a dynamic economy, so the value of house currencies keep changing periodically.

Then again, I do realize this is all too much trouble to implement, and I dont even know if it's possible with the FL engine. Still, as an idea, it's awesome.
' Wrote:And you forgot the Coalition ruble ;)

Ignorant capitalist.
We need not your currency to exist happily.
Voted yes with the stipulation that there be a universal trade currency, ie. the Sirius Credit.
Pages: 1 2 3