Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ORDER PRIMARY FLEET | DISTRESS BEACON
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: gm_snowdesert0000.jpg]
// I wanted to add a bit of blood, but failed and decided to leave it like that.
23 minutes later...
[Image: gm_snowdesert0001.jpg]

[color=#FF6666][.. BEACON LOST ..]
-=Primary Fleet Transmission=-

Comm User: Ensign Gil Thatch
Source: Toledo

Securing Channel....
Displaying Urgent Message...

"Folks,

What the heck is goin' on here!? I think we shoud send a investigatshen team te the locatshun of the beacon! Or the last know position. Hurry, the dern thing already exploaded! I'm on a shuttle en route right now. I ain't sure what happened here, but if any of ye know anything.... now's a great time. Be on high alert, ye never know what ye gonna find. I'm feelin' a bit suspishus about this one... I don't think its an accident. Arm yerselves.

Get on it.. I'll see ye there,

Thatch"

Comm Closed

(After closing the channel, Gil takes a look out of the window worrying about what has happened. He notices in his reflection a plume of smoke. Then he grabs his rifle and shouts at the shuttle pilot to set down next to it.)

// Note : No corpse around the ship, but there is a few traces of blood heading to the endless snow desert.
-=Primary Fleet Transmission=-

Comm User: Ensign Lovejoy Marshall
Source: Orbit over Toledo

Securing Channel....
Displaying Urgent Message...

I jumped into space after receiving the distress beacon on the Isis. When I got into orbit, I waited to see if I could lock down the coordinates of the beacon, but it must have died before I got there because I didn't receive any signals. I'm heading back to the Isis to see if I can get cleared to get some small arms and a few more recruits to help in the search.

Ensign Lovejoy Marshall, signing out. Here's to hoping.

...[TRANSMISSION ENDED]
The Blood ASp, the fighter of Jeremy Hunter, skimmed the landscape above Gil and his team. Jeremy looked out the window. "Rika! Gwyn! Audrey! Hows it going back there! The three kid geniuses where working on locating the beacon using any EM signals it might still have "Trying bro! Cant get it far enough! Ask a Recon Crusier to upload the software! It's systems should work! Jeremy shook his head. He hoped the Order would be on time. "Rika, send a message to Ophidian. Ask him to spare one ASAP. Search for Kate...and scan for Nomads. The Nephthys roars over the landscape, then banks back to where Gil's team is searching.

Meanwhile, hidden in the snow, an Avenger burst from it's icy prison and disappeares from view. The pilot wonders about the explosion. The cloaked Avenger leaves Minor with its intel. Which was nothing but an acident that she, Kei Nagase, had nothing to do with, or care for.

//the last bit was random and just for fun//

The Blood ASp, the fighter of Jeremy Hunter, skimmed the landscape above Gil and his team. Jeremy looked out the window. "Rika! Gwyn! Audrey! Hows it going back there! The three kid geniuses where working on locating the beacon using any EM signals it might still have "Trying bro! Cant get it far enough! Ask a Recon Crusier to upload the software! It's systems should work! Jeremy shook his head. He hoped the Order would be on time. "Rika, send a message to Ophidian. Ask him to spare one ASAP. Search for Kate...and scan for Nomads. The Nephthys roars over the landscape, then banks back to where Gil's team is searching.
Order Carrier Bastet, holding in high orbit over Planet Toledo

[Image: 24wyi4n.png]

Kaylee sat in her command chair at the center of the bridge, staring down at the snowy planet below as she leaned on her armrest. They had sent out a rescue shuttle - the Akoris - with Gil Thatch nearly an hour ago, but no transmissions had been received back from the ground crew since it entered the atmosphere.

She sat up, restless and frustrated that they couldnt even locate a downed ship on their own planet. "Con, boost power to the array, see if we can get a link with the Akoris."

"Aye-Aye Ma'am"

The communication screen at the front of the bridge, above the windows into space, lit up with static, showing flickering images of the ground crew. Kaylee stood up and stepped forward, trying to make out the image, but to no avail. "Akoris, this is the Bastet, have you located the distress beacon?"

"*static* We fo*static* explosion tore it *static* no biosi*static*"

"Damnit, what is causing this interference?" She growled at the comms officer.

"There's a heavy snowstorm moving into their area, Ma'am, it's distorting the signal too much, I cant clear it up any more than that."

Kaylee sighed and slumped back down in her chair. "Tell the recon fighters to maintain safe distance from the storm, I dont want anyone else going down out there."
The Order ship Ophion, in very low orbit in Planet Toledo

Lovejoy's eyebrows furrowed at the latest incoming message. His eyes darted to the white plains that filled his viewport.

"Looks like we're not going to be able to head in quite yet. Command has just sent out a message forbidding us from entering the area due to a snowstorm entering the area."

One of the recruits, Jon Lethan, cast his eyes down to the ground. "Survival down there has to be slim, even without injur's. In a standehd jumpsuit the tempehtures would kill someone in undah an hour without shelteh..."

The other, Taryn Vassals, glared at Lovejoy, her eyes filled with fire. "We have to go look. We can't just leave her down there! Not only that, but the other search team is already at the surface, who knows what's happening to them."

Lovejoy glared back at her. "Command has issued us an order, we can't ignore it."

Their eyes locked on each other. The only sound was the howling wind and snow outside the ship. Jon looked between the two before rolling his eyes.

"Look, how 'bout we jes' try contactin' the other search pahty? At leas' then we wouldn't be sitten' on our asses bein' mad at each othah. Maybe we'll be able to geht a signal through, since we'ah at the surface."

Lovejoy broke the glare, and nodded. "Fine. I'll allow for that."

Taryn took in a deep breath before walking over to the comms of the Ophion.
"This is a message to rescue team Alpha of the Akoris. Can you read us? The Bastet is having some trouble reading you due to the incoming storm . Do you require assistances?"
On the surface of Toledo

[Image: c9ff42e3.jpg]

After the shuttle Akoris had landed, the crew rushed out ahead of Gil and began to secure the crash site.
Gil walked down the ramp of the shuttle, squints put his hand upon his brow, looking around at the crash site. Something he had not seen since training on Houston. Upon observing the snowy landscape, he hears a few other patrol craft flying over head, barely able to hear a report from the shuttle pilot, "You're not going to believe this Ensign, one hell of a storm comming in! I think we are going to have some dificulty reaching the ships in Orbit." Gil shakes his head disapointed and says, "Fine, let's focus on this crash investergatshen alright?" He then walks out toward the scene, no sign of the ship Kate Miller. Just scattered pieces of smoldering wreckage, including a sheet of metal with the pilot's name spelled out from the section below the cockpit. It read in italic 'Cadet Kate Miller - Nephthys' Discouraged by the sight of the name plate Gil feels sorry about the lost pilot. He thought, 'Where was here wingman?' and shouts, "Look fer the dern recordin' box! That's our first clue. We ain't got much time before the storm covers all the wreckage in a foot of snow." He thinks to himself, 'I'm not certain what we're going to make of this ship's destruction. I sure hope it doesn't involve Nomads. I sure hope they aren't able to get this far into our space. Perhaps it's just an accident. An accident sounds like a smaller burden.'

"Try te get me a comm line with the Bastet, and one of them patrol craft pilot" Gil says.
The pilot replies, "I can't promise you a great connection, the storm is picking up."

Gil tries to get a messages to the Bastet, you can hear static while he stuggles to shout over the whirling winds around him. He tries to say the pilot is missing and the explosion tore the ship to pieces. Also that theres no obvious cause yet, they need more time. No response.

Then, Gil tries to hail the crafts above, telling them to land or get out of there fast. He also asks if they've seen anything out of the ordinary. Anything around the crash site that doesn't fit in. No response.

He mutters, "It's almost as if this were planned, I feel we've fallen inter some serta trap... was I wrong te get here so quickly??! Who coulda planned this..." Gil rasies his head and feels his heart race like the beating of a hammer in his chest. An unknown light is comming over a nearby hill.
The odd shape of the experimental Bastet fighter zoomed over the hill.

The pilot in question had never used the search lights on the ship before. After all, his job usually meant being invisible. He did not think twice about turning it on now, since he heard other people of The Order has already secured the scene.

The ship landed near the crash scene. It was still smoking. The engine was left on as Andraste Fionnlagh hopped out and headed towards Gil Thatch.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6