Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hanz Schmitt's Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First Entry:

I feel like I should write this logbook so I can later on share my story, as my life has taken some unexpected turns as of lately.

I was as of a few days ago a member of the Rheinland Military, I joined the military as my way of contributing to the good of the people. At least I thought so, I know better now. The Rheinland is corrupted! Those in power care only for their own selfish desires and not for the good of the people.

We, the people need to rise up and overthrow the corrupted government! I don't blame the people for not doing this as I also worked for them, I helped them get rid of those who stood in their way whilst I was thinking I was doing it for a good cause. How foolish I was.
I ever betrayed a dear friend and colleague of mine, I learned that he sympathized with the Bundschuh. As a good citizen and soldier I reported him, my loyalty is with the people and he sympathized with the enemy. I felt betrayed, ashamed that I was friend with one of the enemy, those who I were taught to hate.
Now I'm ashamed of what I did, I will never forget it. And it was the reason for my enlightenment, the Military respected my loyalty, I'd even turn a friend in. I got special training and was assigned to a squadron of Mjolnir. I was really proud of myself. I thought I could do more for Rheinland now.

After my training was finished I got assigned to a reconnaissance mission, I was to report to the Schatten Research Facility in Frankfurt where I would get more details. Intelligence reports suspected that there may be a strange artifact in the Omega-58 system, which could prove significant to some classified research. I did not ask what kind of research as it would be out of my place to ask. I was a soldier, I did not ask I simply did what I was told.

I knew right away that this was a suicide mission, strange things enters one's mind when you know you will die soon. Maybe my friend wasn't wrong about the government? Did they just use me since they know I'm loyal to my cause?
With these kind of thoughts I ventured out in my assigned Mjolnir, alone. As they could not send a squad since it would be detected right away by the Wilds. The only chance to get there was if one ship ventured out using almost no energy to avoid showing up on radars. I got supplies to be able to survive for quite some time with me.

I succeeded in entering Omega-58 alive after some close encounters with the Wild on my way there. Luckily for me they would never think that a lone ship would try to venture into the Omega-58 system.
In there I saw things I don't know how to explain, it was like space was behaving oddly due to the gravitational forces emitting from a strange construction. My scans revealed that the artifact was near the construction. As I got closer to the installation the automated defenses opened fire, I brought all systems online as there was no use to hide any longer.
The way back was a nightmare, as my presence was no longer a secret.. Wild ships were swarming up from every direction and I have to say the Mjolnir is impressive, I don't think I'd be alive if it wasn't for that ship.

I was able to shake off the pursuers in the Omega-55 system where I met a Zoner vessel. Some kind of science vessel, they too were looking for the artifact, they saw that I had it on their scans. The vessels captain wanted to buy the artifact from me for a quite handsome price and he told me the artifact were going to be used in creating a new kind of power supply.

I saw my chance in escaping the reign of the Rheinland and seizing this opportunity I sold him the artifact so that I would have enough money in order to be able to survive and begin to work on a way of liberating the people from the government's abuse.
I also believe that the Military would silence me if I got back. Since they would not like anyone to know about them experimenting on Nomad technology and I'd be a liability, and I don't think they would take that chance, one soldier more or less is not much compared to what would happen if I told people about it.

I will now try to make contact with the Bundschuh, as they seem to work for freeing the people of Rheinland. At least if I'm to trust the propaganda which I'm starting to do, I was wrong about Rheinland so I hope I was wrong about Bundschuh too.

End of log.