Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Becoming Amaranth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
//Based on this song.//
After that Phantom of the Opera had left, Alicia had a dream. She was standing in the snow, when a melody came to her. Alicia hummed the tune, and a beautiful place appeared from behind the thick snowfall. It was a station of some kind. It looked like a Nomad base. A blue ship came up to her. A voice came.
***..Amaranth..Follow..Me/us..***
Alicia woke up. Startled by the dream, she got in her CSV the first thing and headed to Freeport 4 to say goodbye to her old friends. Almost everyone was gathered around to greet her.
"Last night, I had a dream," she began. "A place of peace and wonder, where a greater power awaits. It cannot be detected by human sensors. Only faith and purpose will find it," The entire room gasped. Her father almost cried. "Don't worry, Dad. I'll be ok. I'll never forget anyone," said Alicia.
"That's what we all hear when someone has that dream. If there really is a place where Outcast and Corsair can talk peacefully, then why haven't we heard about it?" her father said.
"Everything'll be ok," Alicia said.
After a lengthy goodbye, she left the station for Kansas. Then, she cruised for the centre of the Tuttle Creek Nebula. An alien structure came into view, like a Jumpgate. She selected it on the display. it was dockable.
Alicia whent through. What followed was a wonder. She set course for the place in the dream. A strange signal was coming, like an alien song. It came into view. The Shrine... At last. Alicia thought. She docked with it and talked to some of the people. Outcast, Order, Corsair... all at peace. Alicia followed the voice to a room with a blue ship like the one in the dream. She knew what it was... a Nomad fighter!
***..Amaranth..Embrace..Yourself..***
She touched the ship. Instantly, her mind seemed to be... elswhere, then in the ship.
Alicia Hart was no more.
She was Amaranth.