Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Order Motivational Ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Magnetion Magnet stood dressed in his dark blue tuxedo. He had had the suit cleaned and pressed five times the previous morning. It's ever-present sparkle was ever-present as ever, but he was still on edge.

He had spent two weeks meticulously planning this event. A large sum of money had to be spent from his personal stocks as well as obtained from his...contacts. He had sent and received numerous messages regarding food, drinks, lighting, drinks, space, drinks, timeslots, drinks, furniture, drinks, security, drinks, staffing, and drinks. He was lucky to have gotten the enormous ballroom reserved, as usually it was held for more important events. The carpet properly laid, the bars and tables properly set up, the kitchen crew cooking constantly, and the musicians ready to begin the symphony. Not to mention the drinks, mostly wine, which were fully stocked, with surplus aboard the ATG|Khalis in orbit over Toledo.

We need this, Magnet thought to himself. We need to forget about guns, warships, and killing for a while.

Looking over his guestlist, he rechecked every name. Wouldn't want to let any...strangers...in here. Hmmm......Magnet.......Robert........Katie.........Freisner.......Joule........Shepard......Doctor..........Staite......and others.

He noticed the first guests start to filter in. Quickly, he moved toward the podium by the entrance.

"Greetings, and welcome to the first Motivational Ball Event. If you have come this far, you have been approved by my guards as being on the guest list. Please remember to have fun. Also, security is tighter than a sailor's knot here, so not too much fun! We have ball dancing on the left, bar straight down, seated candlelit dining on the right. Please, feel free to interact, dance, eat, and drink heartily. My assistant Agent Parakeet has managed to procure enough alcohol for us to have a full bar. So please, enjoy your time. We will be closing when we run out of stock," he finished with a smile.

After the initial applause and thanks were taken care of, Magnet took out an intercom to speak with the head of security: "Please forward me any requests to join the festivites from all non-Order members. I will overlook them personally. Also, please have the cab service ready to carry out those who cannot hold their drinks."

After hearing the acknowledgement, Magnet calmly walked over to the bar and sat down on a stool. Here we go...

In the corner, Agent Parakeet dressed up in his costume suit.
Xander Aaron Ainsley Augustus Jacen Bastian Eadbhard Alexander Qayshon Dabney von Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorf walked into the hall with Sophia Anderson by his side.

He had changed out of his usual armour-plated morphing suit and gone for the traditional crisp black tuxedo. A mask covered his face and black leather gloves covered his hands. His shoes were mirror-shine black. She had ditched the standard uniform and worn a lovely blue dress which brought out the colour of her eyes. Laced silver stilettos adorned her feet. Not so laced, sharpened stilettos adorned her thigh.

X's bodyguards followed behind the pair. Each wearing a similar suit and mask to each other. Their suits however, were armoured, unlike X's.
[Image: frml.jpg]
"I can't believe you dragged me out here" Jessica protested

"Oh come on Jess... how often does an event like this happen?" Sharon responded

Jessica Porter entered the room and approached the podium "Uh.. party of 3.. for Porter.. This is my XO John Bertrand and my CMO Sharon Valdez"

The man at the podium nodded and motioned for them to enter. Jess led the way, making their way to a table in the dining area. Along the way, they stopped a passing waiter and requested some wine to start off the evening.

The hall was still rather empty, but it would likely fill quickly. Jess sat facing the doorway, keeping a close eye out for any friendly faces that entered.

[Image: sanjaydutt.th.jpg]

David Freisener walked into the brightly illuminated room. For a moment, he stood at the entrance, wrapped in old, sweet memories. He swayed and had to grab a table to support himself.

Controlling himself, he scanned the room. He saw Jessica Porter first of all. He had not met her in person, although there was talk.

Xander, member of high command, was sitting at a table with a girl and his usual guard. He started as he saw a hideous looking creature sitting near the bar, "Strange people", he muttered.

He went up to Magnetion Magnet and congratulated him for organising such a thing. " We need it really", he said with a smile.

He sat down in a corner, waiting for his friends and acquaintances to come.
Acknowledging the thanks from David Freisner, Magnetion Magnet walked over to the bar. Time for a stiff drank...
[Image: frml.jpg]

*laughing can be heard from Porter's table*

"Haha, I didn't know this was supposed to be a costume party" John said to Sharon

"Oh don't be rude.." she replied.. as they sipped more wine

They both seemed to be enjoying themselves, but to Jess something was missing. She took a sip of her wine and sat back, silently watching the guests pour in. She'd wait till the room filled a bit more before going to meet with some of the people.
Katie finally got past the security at the entrance, they'd been very un-cooperative with her, purely because she was ex-molly, and they were ex-BAF, but she didn't care. She was here to enjoy herself, take a break from the fighting day to day, from the 16 hour shifts she was pulling for extra credit.
Once she was inside, she checked herself, her black dress was still in perfect condition, stopping just above her knee, and her tear-drop shaped earrings were alright, the left one was a little off, but the green 'jewels' in them still glinted in the ballroom light.

Looking around the still relatively sparsely populated ballroom, she spotted Freisener, and walked over to him, swaying her hips involuntarily. A few of the men at the ball stopped what they were doing at their tables, turning to stare at her, only to be swatted on the arms by their lady friends, who were not the best bit pleased...

"Hullo! Good to finally get a break isn't it sir?" Katie said to Freisener in a happy tone.
"A've always wanted tae go to a ballroom dance... Who'd have thought it'd be with the Order?"
[Image: lovejoy.jpg]

Lovejoy strode into the ballroom. They'd given him a bit of trouble at the door, as he had no invite he flashed his ID and they'd let him in.

His grey-wool suit was creased in all the right places, and his tie was knotted just right. He had spent only a little time on his hair, swiping it with some gel just before he left his quarters.

He cast his eyes around the ballroom, searching out someone to sit with. He saw Admiral Porter, but he thought it would be too weird for him to really interact with her in such an informal environment. He was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable and awkward standing there when at last he spotted Katie.

He headed over towards her table and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey there. Manage to get in any more Mini Razor practice?"
[Image: 4g1d9k.jpg]

Kaylee smiled as her XO, Chris Bourne, handed her a glass of champagne. He chuckled at her after taking a drink from his own, "Never thought I'd see you in a Dress, Admiral."

She blushed a bit, "It isnt the first time and it probably wont be the last." She sighed slightly as she looked around the room, "Y'know... I used to do this sort of thing all the time, until I got into command... now it feels so akward."

"Dont worry, you'll get used to it. Ranking Officers have to put on these little formalities every once in a while, even out here in the ass end of space." Kaylee had to refrain from bursting out laughing at the last comment, "Besides, it's things like this that keep us human. If all we did was spend twenty four hours a day in space fighting the nomads, we'd be giving up everything that we fight for anyways."

She smiled, "You have a good point there, guess we have to spend some time remembering why we came out here in the first place... or, why you came out here, I was born into it."

He nodded and raised his elbow "Well then, Admiral, care for a dance?"

She grinned, "Fraternizing with superior officers now, are we?"

"Well, it's better than taking advantage of the lower ranks, isnt it?"
[Image: AndrasteFionnlagh.jpg]

Andraste Fionnlagh walked in.

He thought the hall looked rather good. Clean, basically. He also thought the crowd was small but those that were there also looked good. A bit more than clean.

He had a few problems getting past security because his name was not on the known to be attending list, but nothing that a quick scan of the chip inside his left arm could not have taken care of.

The ensign was looking for someone to talk to. He knew he could walk up to Anderson and talk to her, regardless of the difference in rank, but X was with her, and he was not up for a conversation with the Admiral.

His eyes scanned around the room. He hoped to meet Gil Thatch here, or someone else he could share a drink with. His eyes stopped scanning. He had found the bar.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5