Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: one Rogue again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today it was very calm evening, in the pub of Alcatraz.
People sitting around their tables, smoking, drinking.. that mixture of Rogues, Outcasts, smugglers.. usually it can get pretty loud here, especially after some succesfull raid on some trader.. but not this time.

Well, one man was more loud than others. Standing at the bar.He was drunken little bit, with obvious traces of cardamine he took few hours before.

,,So that's it, he dumped few countermeasures, and my CD's were depleated..." Hubert Zlob finished with analysis of his unsuccefull try to stop some trader.
Nobody listen to him, everybody in the bar had just their things to talk.
Barman of course didn't pay very much attention, this kind of stories he heard so much times, that only way of make him surprised was just to talk about..
Well,there is actually nothing what can surprise our bartender on Alcatraz.
,,When i was young, i was just outlaw on Manhattan, when i got 28 i realised there is space above my head.."begun Hubert and bartender couldn't hide bored expression on his face: ,,Hmmh ?" and continued to clean glass.
,,Give me another beer will ya ?" Hubert continued ,,..so i went in up in a space with all those money i made on Manhattan with my whorehouse, and of course...hmm" he chuckled
-bartender finished with one glass and started with another, in pause giving new beer to him.
,,Of course.. what ?'' He asked, but just to make Hubert talk more (and spend more money on more beers)
,,..well you know, i hate the Liberty goverment, but all this is not so much about bloody killing. I despect traders, but i do not like nonsense bloody slaughter... i drink sometimes even while flying my Werewolf, even if i risk that i throw up all of this, when suddenly Navy or Police come and i must run like hell from a Trade Lane.. that is just my way of life and making money. And... way to put this corrupt system on his knee.''
,,uhmmm" bartender continued his work. And Hubert his beer.
Neither situation in a bar changed. Everybody were talking calm, one sleepy atmosphere.
Behind the windows of the Alcatraz bar you could more imagine than see far Lanes and a few dots near them - Rogues doing their work.
Hubert slowly move his look from the window back to his beer.
,,...i am kinda talking much today huh ?'' Bartender just looked at him. And than continued to clean.
,,But maybe i always act like this when i survive another day in a space...''