Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Jeffrey Adams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still under Construction

This story is dedicated to Naomi Jones...

Chapter One: The Beginning

"In a time of love and battle, some people lose their way in life. Mistakes are made and souls are lost, but love... love will always conquer." - Jeffrey Adams

He wakes up to his heartbeat in his stomach. With his hands chained behind him and fresh blood on his shirt. His eyes are bloodshot as he looks into the fluorescent light above him. "Naomi..." He mumbles from his cracked lips. "Naomi! Where are you!" He screams from the bottom of his lungs. He looks down at the floor, full of guilt. Looking at the only thing that's left, her picture. Just laying on the floor next to him, it must have slipped out of his hands. It was more than just a picture of a girl to him. It represented hope and joy, which was not common in his life. With her dirty blonde hair and that cute smirk which always made him smile from within. A tear falls as he tries to move his chained hand to pick it up from the dirty ground.

[Image: naomijones.jpg]
"How could I let this happen? How could I allow them to take her from my arms?..." He asks himself as more questions pop into his head. "How did they know where we were?...". A man with a distinct smell walks into the room, "Well 'ello there Jeff. It's okay if I call you Jeff right?" He laughs as he signals two more men to come into the room and then closes the cell door. "Where's Naomi?" Jeffrey asks under his breath. "Naomi? Hmm, could she be that nice prize one of my men took in his ship?" He pulls up Jeffrey's chin to make him look into his eyes. "Now, this is for my men you killed a couple months ago. Haha, I'm really goin' to enjoy this!" He slips on gold spiked leather gloves and starts to beat on Jeffrey's face. "Hahaha, how does it feel, hmm?" The other two men laugh and then kick Jeffrey in the gut. As he lies there silently, with one of the spikes stuck in his cheek. He moves his head to look at the picture again, since this may be the last time he does. "Hey boss! Kick him in the face!" One of the men laughs and with one kick, Jeffrey is knocked out.

4 years earlier...

The door opens wide. ''Wake up Jeffrey! It's your birthday!'' Jeffrey tries to open his eyes but the bright sunlight through his window blinded him. ''Mom! At least turn off the lights please.'' ''Well ok, but don't take too long I got a surprise for you downstairs!'' Jeffrey sits on the edge of his bed. ''Fine, I'll be right down.'' He slowly stands up, still half asleep; he tries to make his way to the closet. ''Argh! Where did my clothes go? Well robe it is.'' He puts on his robe and starts walking down the stairs. When entering the dining room there was a long wooden table, covered from end to end with all of Jeffrey's favorite foods. At the table there was his mother Jasmine looking proud of what she made for Jeffrey, there was his Father James, his twelve year old brother Kenneth and his eight year old sister Romy, all waiting for Jeffrey to sit down to start eating. ''Well what do you think Jeff?'' His father says, while giving him the 'thank-your-mother' look. "Oh, thank you mom. Everything is perfect." He joins his family at the table and starts to eat.

"Is that aw ya gonna eat?" His little sister says with a speech impediment and a mouth full of biscuits and gravy. "Hey! Don't talk with your mouth full dear, we don't need to see how your food looks like when it's chewed.'' James said. ''Well I just enjoy my breakfast the most this way.'' Jeffrey says sarcastically. Suddenly the doorbell rings. ''I'll get it!'' Kenneth yells. The front door is being opened and there was some chatter down the hallway, the front door is being slammed shut, footsteps coming to the living room. ''Mornin'!'' It was Naomi Jones. ''There he is! Happy birthday Jeffy!'' She hugs him and gives him a present. ''I hope you like it, we can always bring it back to the store and get you something else.'' While Jeffrey was unwrapping his present Naomi greeted Jasmine and James. ''Oh cool! A laser pen that shows your name!'' ''You like it?'' Naomi asks. ''Yes I do! Thank you so much!'' Jeffrey runs over to Naomi and gives her another hug. "Hehe, your welcome. Well I hate to say this, but I have to go to Manhattan right now." Naomi regretfully says. "Aww, so soon Naomi? You just got here." Jasmine asks as she packs some food in a airtight container for her. "Well take this for your trip then, hun." Naomi thankfully takes the container of food. "Hey dad, can I take your new starblazer and go to Manhattan with Naomi?" Jeffrey politely asks his father. "Uh, sure son. I don't see a problem, your old enough now... Just make sure to pick up a shipment of wine there, I'll call them and tell them you're coming." ''Thanks dad! Mom? Where did you put my clothes?'' ''They're in the dryer, dear.'' Says his mother. ''Ok wait for me Naomi, let me get dressed real quick.'' Jeffrey runs up the stairs, and before long he comes back down. James stands up and walks to Jeffrey, and hands him a set of keys. ''Be careful out there son.'' He gives a shoulder pat and sits back down. ''Okay, Mom, Dad thank you for this breakfast.'' Jeffrey said. ''Don't be gone for to long!'' Jasmine said. ''We won't be, bye!'' Jeffrey said and walks into the hallway. ''Oh, Naomi?'' Jasmine asks. ''Yes?'' ''Please look after him and give us a call when you've landed on Manhattan would you dear?'' ''Of course I will'' ''He's in good hands honey'' James said. ''Enjoy your meal! Bye!'' Naomi walks into the hallway, where you hear Jeffrey ask ''What took you so long?'' with the sound of the door being slammed shut following. ''Hey mom, I'm willy exited about comin' to your werk today, can my friends come too so they can see me at werk with you?'' Romy asks politely. ''Of course they may honey.'' Romy cheers and looks at James. ''Will you be comin' to watch me werk with mom too, dad?'' ''I can't honey daddy has to work at the bar again, but I will hear of all the things you've done after you get back, okay?'' ''Oh kay daddy.'' ''Well lets clean the table and wave goodbye to Jeff before he takes off.'' Jasmine said. ''Oh I'm sure he's going to show off the Starblazer first anyway.'' James said with a proud look on his face.

Naomi and Jeffrey arrived on the landing platform of Los Angeles, with robots moving cargo to and from ships, engineers walking towards and from ships mumbling in a language who only people with clear engineering knowledge would understand. There were startrackers and armored transports flying a few hundred meters above their heads. There it was; Mr. Adams' starblazer. Jeffrey walks up to the ship with a big smile on his face, and said ''Heh, this is so much better than the starflier he had before this one.'' ''I haven't seen it yet actually.'' Naomi said. ''Want me to show you around?'' Jeffrey asked. ''Sure, why not!'' Jeffrey pressed a button on the key James had given him, a large hatch opens at the back of the ship. Jeffrey and Naomi both entered the Starblazer. ''Well this small room is where the wine will have to go to, it's not that big but we should be okay. Oh and behind this is the engine.'' Jeffrey opens up a shutter with a simple engine behind it. ''Is that it?'' Naomi said with a grin on her face. ''What!?'' Jeffrey responds shocked. Naomi laughs and rubs Jeffreys hair. ''I was just kiddin' you!'' ''Heh, I knew that.'' Jeffrey said as he blushes with Naomi's touch. ''Oh and this is the best part, the cockpit!'' They entered a small cockpit with a rather comfortable seat; everything you need for a basic flight was there. For a moment they stood there speechless, until it was Naomi who said ''Well, I guess we better get goin'.'' and starts to make her way out of the ship. Jeffrey takes a seat in the chair and prepares for take-off. He looks around in the cockpit and finds a picture, on it there was Jasmine, James, Kenneth, Romy and Jeffrey himself. Jeffrey remembers the time when this picture got taken, it was taken a couple of month's ago by Naomi on some sort of party they were on. After receiving clearance they both made their way to the launching panel, Jeffrey saw his family coming out to wave goodbye to them. Jeffrey's parents looking proud, Kenneth looking jaw dropped by the fact that his brother is flying a spaceship and Jeffrey's little sister still covered with food all over her face, they all waved while Naomi and Jeffrey took off into space.

Two giant robotic arms open up, with a rather small Starblazer compared to those arms coming out of the so called 'Docking Rings'. ''Ah there you are, what took you so long?'' It was Naomi in her Eagle. ''*Bzz* I..*Zbzz* tr..*bzbzz* problems.'' ''Whats that now? Your communication systems aren't working well.'' ''Oh, well I said I had traffic problems.'' Jeffrey said. ''Okay, well are ya ready to go? We can't hang around this gate for to long.'' ''Sure, lead the way.'' Jeffrey said.
After they came out of the first trade lane arriving at Planet Mojave Jeffrey started to go out of formation. ''Yeaheaaaaaw!'' He thrusted while rolling his ship over, he turned and passed Naomi very closely. Naomi laughs and makes her way to the next trade lane towards the New York jump gate. ''Are ya comin' or what?'' Adams stops fooling around and comes to Naomi. ''Alright, I'm done now but you liked it right?'' Naomi laughs and said ''Of course I did'' While going through the trade lane Jeffrey asks ''What? Wasn't that good enough?'' ''Well I thought you were better at this'' Naomi said to tease Jeffrey. ''Fine, I'll show you something else at the end of this lane then." They got through the trade lane and Jeffrey unformed once again. This time he went face to face with Naomi and started his cruise engines. But he didn't moved at all, in fact he started to circle around her with his engines at full power. ''Now thats what I'm talkin' about!'' Naomi said excitedly. ''You liked that?'' Jeffrey asked shyly. ''Yes, very well done! Now lets proceed before we arrive too late.''

They entered the Jump Gate and started to make their way towards Planet Manhattan. At West Point Military Academy they were hailed by a fighter wing of the Liberty Police Incorporated. ''Ah Naomi Jones! A very good day to you ma'am, I see you brought a friend with you, who's that if I may ask?'' ''That is Jeffrey Adams, it's his sixteenth birthday today, and were on our way towards Manhattan.'' ''I see well everything seems to be in check, feel free to proceed.'' ''Thank you officer.'' Naomi replies and they both continued their way through the final trade lane. They arrived at the docking ring of Planet Manhattan. ''Alright meet me at the bar after you land, okay?'' Naomi said. ''Of course don't worry about me, you go first.'' Jeffrey acknowledged. They both landed and met at the bar as intended. ''Alright stick around 'till I'm finished talkin' to some people, then we'll get you the wine you need to brin back, okay?'' Naomi said. ''Sure no problem, go ahead and do what you need to do I'll be here.'' Jeffrey said and walks to the bartender. ''Hey what can I get ya?'' The bartender said. Jeffrey laughed and said ''Just a glass of water for me please.'' ''Sure no problem, that'd be one credit please.'' After Jeffrey paid the bartender he sits down in a booth and starts drinking his glass of water. He looks at the beautiful painted ceiling, posters of events planned on Manhattan were covering the walls, lounge music playing in the background, people sitting at the bar talking, ships flying in the background of the entry. A man with a concerning look on his face enters the bar. The man walks quickly past by Jeffrey towards some Liberty security force agents that were sitting in the booth behind Jeffrey. ''Can we help you sir? You look like you have something on your mind.'' One of the agents said. The man sat down right behind Jeffrey and started talking ''Well it's the Hackers; I heard that the Liberty Police caught one of their smugglers containing some light arms, and other needed commodities.'' ''Yes that is correct the Police caught the smuggler and the goods were brought to Los Angeles, I don't see the problem here.'' Jeffrey imagined the goods being delivered at the supply depot where his mother works as a manager. ''Well the smuggler pilot escaped, and I heard that Hackers are planning to blow the depot on Los Angeles!'' The man said. Jeffreys eyes opened wide ''Oh-no! Thats my mothers depot!''

Jeffrey starts to panic, and runs to the bartender asking him if he could use the solar phone. ''Sure boy relax.'' The bartender picks up the phone but the phone wasn't working. ''Hmm, thats weird the signal is dead, their probably working on the network again. It should be back in a hour or so.'' ''An hour!? I don't have that much time!'' Jeffrey thought, he thanks the bartender and tries to look for Naomi. But she was nowhere to be found, so Jeffrey ran to his ship and took off in a hurry. He tries calling his mother from his ship but the local network was offline. ''C'mon! I have to warn them!'' Jeffrey proceeds into the California system; he takes the last trade lane leading to Planet Los Angeles but he gets disrupted out of the trade lane, two hacker vessels hailed Jeffrey. ''Well ,well, wha' do we have 'ere? If it ain't a lil' starblazer, where ya think your goin' to huh?'' Asked one of the hacker pilots. Jeffrey was scared and responded ''I-i-im on m-my way t-t-to Los A-a-angeles.'' ''Oi! It's just a kid! Alright continue on then, you're not our main concern anyways.'' The hacker said, and Jeffrey proceeded with haste.

Jeffrey arrived on the landing platform on Los Angeles, got out of his ship and started to run towards his mother's supply depot which was close to the landing platform. He ran right into a worker and knocked him off his feet, but Jeffrey ignored the man as he shouted and continued his path. He saw his mother in the doorway writing things down, he grabs her by the arm and takes her away from the depot. ''Jeffrey!? What the.. What are you doin'!'' Jasmine said in all confusion. Jeffrey stopped after running a few hundred meters. ''The.. it's.. you.. depot..'' Jeffrey said while desperately trying to make sense. ''Calm down Jeff, tell your mother whats wrong!'' ''It's the hackers! Theyre going to blow the depot!'' Jeffrey yells from the top of his lungs. ''What!? But Romy is still in there!'' Jeffrey turns his head towards the depot and starts to sprint towards the depot, his legs hurt from the sudden sprint he took at first but he ignores the pain and keeps running. Jasmine tries to keep up with Jeffrey but is unable. There was a sound of a small explosion, Jeffrey stops as the sound got him disorientated. Jeffrey turns towards Jasmine who had caught up with Jeffrey, Jasmine looks up to the sky, Jeffrey turned back around and looks up as well. A bright ball of light emerged from the sky and hits the depot. A large explosion followed, blasting Jeffrey and Jasmine back several meters. The breathe-taking wave of energy knocked his mother unconscious as Jeffrey laid there with a high pitch sound in his ear. Debris from the depot rained on top of them as Jeffrey looked at his hands, covered in blood that wasn't his. Jeffrey looked around and saw people running to the depot, or what was left of it. Then a Hacker bomber flew through the black cloud of smoke coming from the depot, followed by two Liberators and an Eagle firing their guns at the Hacker bomber. Jeffrey saw medical personnel running towards him. He points at his mother and blacks-out.

Chapter Two: The Aftermath

A piece of Jeffrey died that night, as he lays there dreaming and reliving what happened back there. His mind flooded with emotions of guilt and despair, wishing that yesterday wasn't a freak 'sweet-sixteen' birthday. As the deja vu nightmares twist the knife in his heart, taunting cries from his sister pleads for him to come save her. The image of Romy's face covered with food while waving goodbye to Jeffrey, followed by the bright fireball emerging from the sky kept Jeffrey's mind working overtime. Jeffrey woke up each time the missile made impact, he would sit straight up in his bed. His mind being twisted because of all the mixed emotions causing Jeffrey to be dizzy and fall back down into sleep, repeating the complete progress. That night will never be forgotten and he will never celebrate his birthday the same..
As he begins to awake in the Los Angeles' hospital that morning, he prays that he's at home and his family is waiting for him down stairs. That his memory of the day that past was only a dream. He pictures Romy stuffing her face with biscuits, his mother standing at the bottom of the stairs in a blue frayed apron, just waiting for him to come down. And Naomi, sweet beautiful Naomi, he pictures her there as well. With her magical smile, that erases his stress and makes him feel whole. But, sadly...as he hears a faint weep of sorrow next to him, he realizes it was all real.

He attempts to open his battered eyes to the bright white wall in front of him. Weak, with a few broken ribs, he tries to turn over to that sound. He sees his father, James; Sitting at the bed of Jasmine, holding her hand and brushing her hair with his fingertips. Just a few drops of tears land on her hand, before he wipes them away. "Father.." Jeffrey faintly speaks. "My son." James whispers and smiles a little. "I'm so sorry dad... I .." Jeffrey tries to speak, but he's interrupted by a man in a long white coat. "I see your son is awake. I'm glad to see that." The doctor walks over to Jeffrey to check his vital signs. "Well, it looks like you still have a concussion, but no permanent damage. Just some broken ribs and a hairline fracture to your right tibia." Jeffrey turns his head to look at his mother. "Oh, well your mother is not as lucky as you. She's in a coma from the blast, but she should be fine. Although you can never know how long it will take for someone in her physical state to wake up." The doctor speaks as if he has said this too many times before. "DadWhere's Romy?" Jeffrey asks as he holds his side with the broken rib. "..SonRomy.." James looks down at his wife, and then wipes his tears. "..Romy didn't make it.." The moment James said that, he turned away from Jeffrey and started brushing his wife's hair again with his fingertips. The doctor feels uncomfortable with the terrible weight of emotion hanging around in the room. "You need your rest, Jeffrey. Why don't you try to get some sleep, okay?" The doctor said and then leaves the room.

"..Jeffrey...Jeffrey.." The voice of his sister calls. "..Help me, Jeffrey...Hurry!.." he awakes drenched in sweat. "It's okay, you're okay, it was just a nightmare. Naomi is here now." Jeffrey slowly opens his eyes and looks at Naomi. "..Naomi, I'm, sorry.." Naomi brushes Jeffrey's hair back and feels his forehead. "You didn't do anything wrong, Jeffy. None of this was your fault..Okay?" Naomi explains, while Jeffrey tries to calm down from his nightmare. "It looks like you broke your fever, good. That means you're getting better." Naomi smiles at Jeffrey. Jeffrey looks to his left and sees his brother Kenneth sitting in the corner of the room. He almost seems normal, looking outside into the hallway. Away from his family, numb. "Naomi, can I speak to you in the hallway?" James kindly asked. "Uh, yeah sure. I'll be right out." Naomi said. James kisses his wife's hand and walks out of the room. "I'll be right back." Naomi whispers in Jeffrey's ear. Jeffrey looks to his left at his inert mother; curious to why she hasn't woke up yet. Jeffrey takes a moment and watches his mother's chest rise and fall, just to know that she's still alive.

Naomi leaves the room, shutting the door behind her. Jeffrey watches what's going on in the hallway from his bed. She walked up to James and they just looked at each other until he cried a few tears. Naomi hugged James and comforted him. There was some chatter after, but that got interrupted by two Liberty Security Force agents who entered the hallway. They saluted Naomi, and some short words were exchanged. The agents handed a dossier over to Naomi and left. The document given by the agents seemed to satisfy James and Naomi. In the meantime Kenneth stood up from his seat, slowly walking towards his mother. He just stood there looking over her bed. James and Naomi finished talking and ended the conversation with a simple nod. When they entered the room again Kenneth quickly went back to his chair in the corner of the room. James walked back to his wife and Naomi to Jeffrey.

''What was that all about?'' Jeffrey whispers. ''It's nothing for you to worry about.'' Naomi said and she puts her arm behind Jeffreys neck. ''I saw those two men handing something over to you, what was it?'' Jeffrey asked in all curiosity. There was a moment of silence. ''It's the final report of the Hacker strike on Planet Los Angeles; the criminals were caught by the Liberty Security Force.'' Naomi said quietly so James and Kenneth didn't heard. ''But why..'' Jeffrey tried to ask but got interrupted by Naomi. ''Sssshhh, don't you worry now.'' ''Is dad going to be okay?'' Jeffrey asked. ''Yes he will be fine.'' Naomi replied calmly. ''How do you know for sure?'' Jeffrey asked with a concerning look on his face. ''Well.. Me and your parents have known each other for awhile now.'' Naomi said under her breath. "I always wondered how you met them, could you tell me?" Jeffrey said in a hopeful way. "Sure, sweetie. Well, it was two years ago when I met your parents, I was sixteen years back then. Your father and mother were on their second honeymoon, celebrating it on a cruise in Coronado..."

Chapter Three: The Young Freelancer

Two suited men opened the doors for James and Jasmine. They walked through the big dining hall and towards a table for two at the window, with a view of Planet Salina in the background. James pulled a chair out for Jasmine to sit. ''Take your seat dear.'' James said. ''Oh wow, did you arranged all of this?'' She said as she giggled. ''That's not all yet, this will be a night full of surprises!'' James said excitedly. A servant walks towards the table, ''Would you like our wine menu?'' The servant said. ''We'd like that, yes please.'' James said. The servant handed over a wine menu and asked them which wine they would prefer. "We'll take a bottle of your 763 A.S. Chateau Lafite" James requested and then smiled at his wife. "Right away, sir. Excellent choice of wine, if I may say so sir." As the servant left, another man walked towards the table. He takes off his jacket and starts to play violin next to James and Jasmine. ''Is this one of your other surprises, dear?'' She said with a bright smile on her face. ''Well, isn't it great?'' James replied. After a couple of minutes the servant came back with their order. He had a cart with a bucket of ice and a bottle of Chateau Lafite, along with two glasses. As the servant takes a glass and pours the wine, he was interrupted by the ship shaking like a sudden earthquake. Jasmine screamed and looked outside the window. She could see a ship fly right pass them with an Eagle following. "Is this another one of your surprises, dear!?" Jasmine sarcastically asked. ''What in the name..'' James said as he was interrupted by a loud speaker. ''*zbzbzz* This is the captain speaking, everybody please remain calm and proceed to your rooms. Thank you. *zbbzzz*''

Only a few moments before

''Miss Jones this is Luxury Liner Kythira, we are going to hold our position here at Planet Salina for the passengers to have their dance.'' ''Copy that Kythira, holding position, what's your status?'' ''All systems show green, seems we have nothing of interest on our radar, shutting down our engines now.'' ''Understood Captain, keep me posted.'' ''Kythira this is Gerry Jackson of the Gas Miners Guild, we've got the fuel you requested, but I am having problems tracking your location, over.'' ''We copy Gerry Jackson sending you our coordinates now, stand by.'' ''..... We received your coordinates! ETA five minutes, Captain please be advised Curacao has received intel of a group of pirates making their way into Coronado.'' ''This is Kythira we copy, we will keep an eye on our radar for any incoming targets, thank you for informing us.'' For a moment the crew relaxed as the ship had stationed itself, a relaxing moment that was not allowed to last long only minutes after they stationed themselves they received a distress call.

''*Code Red! All personnel prepare to evacuate.* Kythira *Bzzz* is *Zbzz* Gerry Jackson *Alert Engine Failure* were under attack! *Bzzz* I read multiple targets! We won't last.. *Connection Lost*'' ''Gerry come in over, I repeat Gerry Jackson come in over. Dammit! Miss Jones we have a situation the Gas Miner Guild vessel that was supposed to bring us fuel is under attack, status is unknown, I want you to go up there and give us a situation report ASAP I'm uploading the coordinates to your neural net now.'' ''Kythira this is Jones I copy, heading there now.'' Naomi made her way to the last known location of the Gas Miner Guild vessel, but 10K away from the given coordinates she crossed a group of four Rogue fighters flying overhead towards Luxury Liner Kythira. ''Kythira I read four Rogue fighters heading towards your location, over!'' ''This is Kythira we got them on our radar, powering up weapon systems, going into defense mode.'' Naomi went to pursuit the Rogues but was at a to long range to stop them, the Rogues arrived at Luxury Liner Kythira with Naomi catching up from behind. ''Ahoy! Captain of the Kythira! As ye' might have 'eard we intercepted your lil' refill there, hahaha!'' ''What do you want Rogues!?'' The captain replied. ''Wha' do we want ai? Well I think you should hand over some of those valuable goods your carryin', stuff us up as much as we can carry and we'll spare your ship with all people on board, what do ya' say there Cap?'' ''Well unfortunately for you we have a Freelancer with us right behind you that will think differently on your request.'' ''Oi! Boys take down that piece of scrap!'' Three Rogue fighters made their way to engage Naomi, leaving the leader of the four watching. Unfortunately Naomi killed all three targets which was against the Rogue leaders expectations. ''Hmm, seems you got yourself a special escort ai? How about I take care of you myself!'' The Rogue Leader charged at Naomi but took heavy damage in return, the Rogue turned and aimed for the Liner but being destroyed by it's turrets. ''Kythira reporting all clear we're reading no more hostiles on our radar, thank you Miss Jones for your assistance.'' ''Don't mention it, thats why I'm here right?'' ''How about you dock your ship and get some fun to, our mechanics will check your ship for any damage you received and you'll be ready to go when we will depart again.'' ''Sounds like a plan to me, activating docking sequence.'' Naomi said and made her way to the docking bay of the luxury liner.

A large hatch opened with lots of white smoke coming from the thrusters that were being cooled down, a young woman walked through the smoke towards a large door. ''May I come in?'' She said. A simple bleeping sound and a green light appeared and the door was unlocked. She arrived in a long hallway where all the cargo was being kept, she walked down the hallway and up the stairs which had a sign next to it showing 'The Bridge'. After she walked the many stairs a young gentlemen opened the door for her, she walked through. ''Ah Miss Jones!'' The Captain of the Kythira said. ''I'm very grateful once again for your great service to the Spa and Cruise.'' ''It was my pleasure sir, and please.. call me Naomi.'' ''Alright Naomi why don't you get dressed and enjoy yourself downstairs, there is a ballroom dance at this moment.'' ''Oh, I'm not much of the dancing type sir.'' ''Well theres food and a bar to, why don't you go check it out anyway hmm?'' ''Alright sir, but let me know when you are ready to depart okay?'' ''We will, but we have to wait for another load of fuel to arrive first which may take some time, this time they will bring it with a escort so nothing for you to worry about now.'' Naomi nods and left the bridge, she went into her small room where she got dressed. She then walked into the ballroom where everyone was already in the dancing mood, it seems the shocks caused by the few impacts coming from the Rogue's was no longer a worry here. Naomi sat down at the bar. ''What can I get you miss?'' The bartender asked. ''Just some water would be fine sir.'' Naomi said. A couple walking arm in arm came next to Naomi, clearly they had some drinks. ''Hey you! Why are you sitting all alone here huh?'' The man said. ''Uhh hi, I'm alone because I am actually on duty, I'm the escort on this trip.'' Naomi answered politely. ''The escort! Wow that must be quite a job!'' The man said. ''Well I'm not working for the Spa and Cruise, I'm a Freelancer.'' ''Interesting, I'm James and this is my wife Jasmine, were on our second honeymoon!'' James said with a giggling Jasmine next to him. ''Well it's nice to meet you James and Jasmine, how do you two enjoy the cruise so far?'' ''The cruise has been fantastic, first James gave me a expensive dinner in the dining hall next of this hall, the food and wine were great! What was that wine you ordered again honey?'' Jasmine asked James. ''It was a bottle of Chateau Lafite of the year 763 A.S.'' He replied. ''Thats quite the wine there sir, I hope it was worth it.'' Naomi said. ''Please call me James theres no need for sir. And the wine and food were very good and now this dance, can it get any better then this?'' James said with a smile on his face. The phone rang and that bartender picked up, they only had a short conversation before the bartender hung up. ''Miss Jones?'' He then said. ''Yes thats me.'' Naomi replied. ''That was the Captain, he wanted me to tell you that they will be holding for awhile and that all drinks are on the house just for you.'' ''Okay, thank you bartender, switch this water with a Luxury Surprice if you'd like.'' Naomi said.
Naomi Jones, James Adams and Jasmine Adams remained at that same bar, until it was nearly morning and the bar closed. They talked all night, and before they went to bed they shared numbers to meet up again after the cruise.

Chapter Four: A prodigy

''..and after the cruise we decided to meet up again.'' Naomi told Jeffrey. Naomi paused to think. ''After two weeks your father came to me.. he asked me to..'' Naomi was interrupted by a doctor who entered the room. ''Err, excuse me but the tests results of young Adams here are back. It seems he will be able to get back on his feet, he may go home now.'' The doctor said. Naomi looked surprised. ''Already doctor, are you sure?'' She asked. ''Yes ma'am we are, young Adams here has been very lucky, he only had a couple of contusions but nothing worse.'' Naomi and the doctor helped Jeffrey up and put on his regular cloths, after they said goodbye to James and Jasmine who was still in a coma Naomi, Kenneth and Jeffrey left the hospital.

That night Jeffrey couldn't sleep, he got out of bed quietly so he won't wake up Kenneth. He went down the stairs and watched television on the sofa. Naomi heard the television and went downstairs to see what was going on. ''Jeffy? What are you doing down here, shouldn't you be in bed?'' She asked. ''I.. can't sleep.'' Jeffrey said. ''Why is that? Are you having bad dreams again?'' Jeffrey stares in front of him, then he suddenly looks at Naomi. ''I want you to train me.'' He then asked. ''What are you talking about, train you in what?'' Naomi said. ''I want you to teach me how to fight.'' Jeffrey said. ''I knew this would come one day'' Naomi mumbled. ''Whats that?'' Jeffrey asks. ''Nothing sweety, okay I'll teach you what you want, but promise me you'll go to bed now okay?'' Jeffrey stands up and walks to Naomi. ''Thank you.'' And he gave Naomi a kiss on the cheek and walks back up the stairs. Naomi pulls her hands through her hair and gets a glass of milk. She got so lost in her thoughts that after ten minutes she still didn't drink her milk, she realized that and quickly drank it all at once. She goes back up the stairs and sits down in a chair next to Jeffrey, who was still awake. ''Try to sleep'' Naomi whispered and gave Jeffrey a kiss on his forehead.
With the comfort of Naomi, Jeffrey finally managed to fall asleep.

''Must.. find.. Mom..'' Jeffrey mumbles. ''Wake up sweety, your having a bad dream again.'' Naomi said while slowly shacking Jeffrey his shoulders. ''Uh... what?'' Jeffrey woke up with sweat on his forehead, the light coming from outside was a pain for Jeffrey his eyes. ''Is it morning.. already?'' Jeffrey asks. ''Yes you have to get out of bed sweety, I'm going to take you somewhere and we are leaving in thirty minutes.'' The doorbell rang and Naomi went down the stairs to open the door. Five minutes later Jeffrey walked down the stairs with his robe on and sees Naomi closing the front door. ''Who was that?'' Jeffrey asked. ''That was your father, he came by to pick up your brother.'' Naomi said. ''Why?'' Jeffrey asked surprised. ''As I said when I woke you, I'm going to take you somewhere, and we won't be coming back for awhile. To make sure somebody looks after your brother I had your dad come and pick him up.'' ''Where are we going then?'' Jeffrey asked out of curiosity. Naomi smirked. ''You'll see Jeffy, you'll see.''

They finished up breakfast, changed their cloths, packed their belongings and moved towards Naomi her ship. ''It's going to take awhile for us to get there Jeffy, so you might want to get comfortable once we are in space.''
Jeffrey constantly kept asking Naomi where they were going, but Naomi did not tell a thing as the place they were heading to is a place she rather wants to keep a secret.

Two days later..

''Alright, this is the spot!'' Naomi said excitedly. Jeffrey stood up and made his way towards the cockpit. A dark orange light filled the cockpit, a beautiful planet in front of them.

[Image: thespot.png]

''Where.. are we?'' Jeffrey asked. Naomi smiled. ''A pretty sight ain't it?''
They landed on the planet, Jeffrey ran outside to explore the area. They landed close to a lake, it had dark blue but very clear water, there was a dark orange colored sun that barely hang above the water. On the other side there was a large field with high grass and at the end of that field there was a large mountain with nothing but dark orange sand and dust.
''Whats behind there Naomi?'' Jeffrey asked while pointing his finger to the mountain. ''Nothing dear, this is the only place on the planet that has any green. It's so small this place doesn't even show up on any radar.'' They unpacked the ship and made their camp nearby the lake. ''Get your rest now, we will begin your training tomorrow.'' Naomi said as she walked into her ship.
Jeffrey sat down at the lake, having his feet in the water. He watched how his feet were surrounded by all sorts of creatures in the lake. The sun however didn't move, it was still hanging slightly above the horizon.

Naomi suddenly woke up, she heard a splashing sound coming from the lake, she hurried outside. ''Jeffy? What are you doing? She asked while covering herself up in her robe. Jeffrey threw a small rock over the water, bouncing on the surface making the splashing sound Naomi heard. Jeffrey turned around and looked at Naomi. ''I'm waiting for the sun to go down. I can't sleep when it's still light.'' Jeffrey said. Naomi walked towards Jeffrey. ''Oh jeffy!'' She said while rubbing his hair. ''It's always forty eight hours light and forty eight hours dark, it's going to take awhile till that sun has gone down.'' ''Oh.. I didn't knew that.. what is the time then?'' Jeffrey asked. ''It's two in the morning in Sirius it's time zone.'' ''..Two? .. Really? .. I should..'' Jeffrey stopped and continued in his thoughts. ''Yes Jeffy, you should go and sleep. You'll goin' to need the energy in the morning.'' Jeffrey nodded and gave Naomi a hug, he then walked to his tent and tries to sleep.

A loud alarm clock went off in Jeffrey his tent. Still half asleep he smashed the alarm clock and got himself out of his bed. With his shirt half over his head he stumbled out of his tent. ''Mornin'!'' Naomi said enthusiastic. Jeffrey finally managed to pull his shirt over his head and realized something. ''It's.. dark.'' He said while still being sleepy. ''Yes, we just got into our forty eight hours of night time. A perfect time to start your training.'' ''Hey Naomi? ..'' ''Yes, whats up Jeffy?'' ''Back on LA.. you said something after I asked you to train me.. I couldn't really make out on what you were saying but it sounded like you knew this was coming.'' Naomi grinned and sat down in front of Jeffrey while dragging him down by his arm. ''Come on, sit.'' Jeffrey sat down as Naomi asked him to and patiently waited for Naomi to start. ''Okay.. You were right.. I did knew that this was coming. It's just.. just..'' Naomi took a moment to think. ''I didn't thought you would come with this so soon, you know?'' Jeffrey didn't said a word. ''You see.. your father and I have been observing you for awhile. We both saw that you have this power, this gift.. or how would you describe it..'' ''A skill?'' Jeffrey asked. ''Precisely, a skill. But you can't use it if you don't have the correct knowledge on how to master your skill, you know? So, the next few days we shall explore yourself from within, so you will find this skill and learn how to master it.'' ''But.. what kind of.. skill is it?'' Jeffrey asked confused. ''Jeffy..'' Naomi looked deep into Jeffrey his eyes. ''Your a prodigy in combat skills, you just haven't found it out.'' Jeffrey stood up in a hurry and puts his hands through his hair. ''I know it's a wierd thought, but I'm here to help you with this okay?'' Naomi said. ''But how long will that take?'' Jeffrey asked. ''I can't say, but it might take awhile.''

Days were passing by, days of hard work. Jeffrey was bein trained at daytime, and studying at night time. Naomi trained him in everything a this prodigy needed to learn, discipline, strength and knowledge.
He climbed the large mountain of red sand, swam across the lake and back and most of all he tried finding his skills in combat.

Two years later..

Jeffrey had learned so much from Naomi that she entrusted him to handle his skill the right way. ''Come on, hurry up!'' Naomi shouted to Jeffrey. ''I'm coming, I'm coming!'' Jeffrey walked into Naomi's ship and putted down his bags in the cargo hold. ''You ready Jeffy!?'' Naomi asked excitedly. ''Yea, lets go!'' ''Alrighty, we're goin' home!''
The flight took another two days when they finally arrived back home, on Planet Los Angeles.

Chapter Five: The good life

Exhausted from the long flight Naomi and Jeffrey stumbled out of their ship. ''Over here!'' A shouting voice sounds in the distance. It's Kenneth who is waving towards Naomi and Jeffrey, along with James. ''It's so good to see you two again.'' James said and helped carrying Naomi's luggage. ''Hey lil' brother.'' Jeffrey said while rubbing Kenneth's hair. ''How are you holding up?'' ''Oh, I'm doing good! Yes, I'm helping dad out in his bar and have met some new friends that I'm helping out to!'' Kenneth said excitedly. ''Sounds good.'' Jeffrey said and smiled at Kenneth.
Moments later they arrived at Naomi's apartment. ''This is the place, go and rest you must be tired.'' James said. After a quick farewell Naomi and Jeffrey went into the apartment and headed straight to bed.

''Jeffy wake up!'' Naomi storms into the living room. Jeffrey fell off the couch as he woke up in shock. ''Whats going on!'' Jeffrey said who was standing back up. ''Your dad just called and told me to bring you to his bar.'' ''Okay.. uhm.. what time is it?'' ''It's..'' Naomi looked surprised at her watch. ''Oh my, it's already three pm!'' ''We must have really been exhausted huh? Okay let me fresh up and I'll meet you outside okay?'' Jeffrey said and walked into the bathroom. ''Do hurry! It was sounding pretty urgent!'' Naomi shouted and went into her room to change.'' After ten minutes they were outside and made their way to James his bar.
They rushed towards the bar, but there was nobody to be found inside. Naomi and Jeffrey looked at each other. ''SURPRISE!'' Suddenly people came up from all around, and more people walked in.
''W-whats going on!?'' Jeffrey said with a surprised look on his face. ''What do you think Jeff, it's a surprise party for the two of you that you are back on LA after two long years!'' James said and hugs Jeffrey and Naomi. There were lots of people, friends of James, Navy, Police, LSF Agents, some friends from Naomi, friends of Kenneth, Jeffrey his grandfather and grandmother and more that James must have met in the two years Naomi and Jeffrey were gone.
Everyone settled down in small groups, loud music and lots of drinks were setting the mood. In a corner there was Naomi with some people she knew. Jeffrey was at a table with James, Kenneth and some Liberty Officers.
A man in a black suit walked up to Jeffrey, he shook hands with Jeffrey. ''It's nice to meet you Jeffrey, welcome back to LA.'' The man said. ''And who do I owe the pleasure to?'' Jeffrey asked politely. ''Alex Moore, I work for Orbital Spa and Cruise, I'm hearing some good things about you from miss Jones. You know we could use a guy like you, come by at our office here on LA if your interested to work for us.'' ''T-thank you sir!'' Jeffrey said surprised by the sudden job offer.

The party lasted till the early morning, until James, Jeffrey, Kenneth and Naomi were the only ones left. ''That was a great party you guys, thank you so much.'' Jeffrey said. ''It shure wash..Hic!'' Mumbles Naomi who had way to many drinks. James laughs. ''Bring her home Jeff, she can use her rest.'' James winked to Jeffrey and took Kenneth who was half asleep back.
With one arm around Jeffrey his neck Naomi stumbled over the street. ''I.. I.. love you.. hic.. hey.. jeffy..'' and she tries to kiss him on his cheek which ended up with a kiss on his ear. Jeffrey laughed. ''I love you to Naomi.'' They arrived back at Naomi's apartment, Jeffrey gently putted Naomi on her bed and gave her a kiss on her forehead. ''Good night.'' Jeffrey walked to the door leading into the living room, he looked over his shoulder towards Naomi and watched how she was already asleep. Jeffrey grinned and left the room in silence.

One week later..

Jeffrey woke up and heard voices coming down the hallway. He got off the couch and putted his robe on. Naomi followed by James and Kenneth walked into the living room. ''Happy 18th birthday son.'' James said calmly with a grin on his face and shook Jeffrey his hand. ''Happy birthday Jeffy.'' Naomi said and gave Jeffrey a kiss on his cheek. ''Where is the pie?'' Kenneth asked curiously. James laughed. ''Aren't you forgetting something Kenneth?'' ''Oh.. yeah. Happy birthday brother.'' Jeffrey kneeled and hugs Kenneth. ''Thanks man.'' ''We've decided to go by the hospital to visit your mother Jeffrey, would you like to join us?'' There was a moment of silence. ''Of course, dad.'' Jeffrey replied.

They finished up their breakfast, freshed up and made their way towards the hospital. Once they arrived Jeffrey stopped. ''Whats wrong Jeffy?'' Naomi asked. Jeffrey looked down. He didn't payed a visit to his mother after he got out himself. Naomi knew Jeffrey was afraid to be reminded of this terrible event that happened exactly two years ago. ''You go on, we'll meet you there.'' Naomi said to James and Kenneth. James nodded towards Naomi and took Kenneth inside. ''Are you okay Jeffy?'' Jeffrey looked up with watery eyes, and sighed. ''Yea.. lets go.'' Arm in arm they walked into the room where Jasmine was. She looked different, no wonder as she was being fed through a tube for two years. Nobody was saying a word. James was at the end of the bed, Kenneth was sitting on a chair against the wall being supported by Naomi who was sitting next by him. Jeffrey grabbed Jasmine's hand, a tear rolls down his cheek. For ten minutes they just stood there, until it was getting to Jeffrey, he turned and walked out into the hallway, followed by Naomi. ''Jeffy? Are you okay?'' She stroked his hair and saw that Jeffrey was crying. ''Oh dear, come here.'' She hugged Jeffrey. ''I.. I.. can't do this, I need some air.'' Naomi let go of Jeffrey and watched him walk out.
After a couple of minutes Naomi walked out of the hospital to, Jeffrey stood up and faced Naomi. ''They said I should bring you to our place.'' Naomi said with a grin on her face. ''Our place?'' Jeffrey asked sarcastically with a big smirk on his face. ''Oh shut up you know what I mean.'' Naomi replied to Jeffrey's sarcasm.

Jeffrey couldn't sleep that night. Flashbacks of the attack two years ago kept coming back to him. Many times he woke up with sweat on his forehead. That morning he got up early. Naomi came out of her room at her usual time. She stopped and looked surprised at Jeffrey. ''Oh wow, your all suited up?'' ''Yes, remember the man of Spa and Cruise on the surprise party? I've decided to go to their office and apply for a job there.'' Jeffrey said, Naomi smiled. ''Thats so cool! Oh here let me..'' She adjusted Jeffrey's tie so it fitted perfectly. ''There you go.'' Naomi said. ''Thank you.'' Jeffrey said and smiled, he walked to the hallway, followed by Naomi who was still wearing her robe. ''Well, good luck!'' Naomi said excitedly. Jeffrey nodded and walked out into the streets.

A couple of hours later Jeffrey came back. Naomi heard the sound of Jeffery his keys going into the lock and walked into the hallway. He tried to maintain his pokerface and looked at Naomi who was looking full curiosity at Jeffrey. ''Well..? Come on tell me!'' She then said as she bursts out of curiosity. ''I got the job!'' Jeffrey said proudly. Naomi cheered and putted her arms around Jeffrey, but this time she gave him a kiss on his lips. ''I'm so proud of you!'' Naomi dragged Jeffrey by his hand into the living room. ''I've got a present for you.'' Full of excitement she gave Jeffrey his present. Jeffrey accepted the gift and sat down on the couch to unwrap the package. ''Oh my, a watch!?'' Jeffrey pulled out a shiny silver watch out of the box, he directly putted it on. ''How do I look?'' He asked. ''It looks beautiful just as I thought it would be.'' Jeffrey hugged Naomi. ''Thank you so much.'' He said. ''Okay now lets go to James and Kenneth to share to good news!'' Naomi said excitedly.

They arrived at James his bar. ''Good day what can I.. Oh Jeff, Naomi what a surprise! Oh my and your all suited up to!'' James said. ''Yes and look at my new watch, Naomi gave it to me!'' Jeffrey showed his new silver watch with a big smile on his face. ''Oh my thats a nice watch son, whats the occasion?'' ''Well dad, I got some good news. I got a job at Spa and Cruise!'' Jeffrey said excitedly. ''Spa and cruise you say! Good job boy, well done!'' James said while giving Jeffrey a shoulder pat. ''And what will you be doin' in Spa and Cruise son?'' ''I'll be trained to become a escort pilot dad.'' James smiled like he knew Jeffrey would say that. ''I'm proud of you son.'' James gave a Liberty ale to Naomi and Jeffrey. ''So when are you going to start?'' James asked. ''Next week dad.''
Under Construction
Under Construction