Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A couple of suggested changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Regarding Cruise Power Drain

1. Reserve power

Have each shipclass reserve enough power to regenerate shields while cruising, and enough power to drop countermeasures or launch cruise disruptors. I believe that amount is roughly 3000-4000 power based on grimly's calculations, but I'm sure the devs have more accurate numbers.

2. Power regen speed

Remove the 5 second delay we currently have before power starts to regenerate after leaving cruise speed. Power regens slow enough on it's own, there's no need for this delay. Once your ship drops below 220m/s speed, your energy should start regenerating immediately.

Regarding NPC capital ship missions (somewhat related to cruise power drain)

Capship missions have become much more difficult with the power drain change for any capships to complete, short of a battleship. Further, these missions have always been difficult or in some cases impossible for fighters/bombers.

My suggestion here is to remove the pulse turrets, razors, missiles, and mortars from NPC capital ships that are spawned via missions - and replace them with 100% primary turret loadouts.

This also solves another issue - npc caps spawn at 2.5k, and disappear at 2.5k. This means if you are doing a mission against npc capships, if you go further away from them than 2.5k, they disappear and you can no longer fire at them - but they can still fire at you, up to almost 4k distance. If we replace their guns with primary turrets, the npc caps wont be able to fire at players while 'invisible' anymore.
With your missions, cruise to 5k out, then impulse in, buy the time your in range you have full power, missions are ment to be hard , not a walk in the park as you seem to want them to be.

Also if a mortar or razor is fired at you from 3k its very easy to dodge as you can roll a smoke and watch it close in, whilst strafing out the way.
If you do anti Cap missions you must be having a BS or something so Just impulse in
Barnes: Tenacity i would of thought you would like these changes.....after all it means you would last 33.6 seconds longer in a fight before you explode into a million pieces.. :cool:

Barnes Out.

Quote:With your missions, cruise to 5k out, then impulse in, buy the time your in range you have full power, missions are ment to be hard , not a walk in the park as you seem to want them to be.

Not a solution, NPC caps begin firing at 2.5k distance, and can easily drop a battleship shield and start denting hull by the time you get close enough to do anything.

Quote:Also if a mortar or razor is fired at you from 3k its very easy to dodge as you can roll a smoke and watch it close in, whilst strafing out the way.

From this comment, it's quite obvious you havent ever flown anything bigger than a gunboat. Big ships dont dodge, period.

Quote:If you do anti Cap missions you must be having a BS or something so Just impulse in

Cruisers arent allowed to do anticap missions? Since when?

People, I expect intelligent comments, if you're going to make yourself look this oblivious to how things work in the game, dont hit the reply button.

EDIT:

And quit 1 up'ing, waratah.
' Wrote:From this comment, it's quite obvious you havent ever flown anything bigger than a gunboat. Big ships dont dodge, period.
er
' Wrote:Also if a mortar or razor is fired at you from 3k its very easy to dodge as you can roll a smoke and watch it close in, whilst strafing out the way.

Not when there are five of them.
' Wrote:From this comment, it's quite obvious you havent ever flown anything bigger than a gunboat. Big ships dont dodge, period.

Since when cant a Battleship dodge a mortar, i do it constantly in Osiris.
' Wrote:Since when cant a Battleship dodge a mortar, i do it constantly in Osiris.

This, I want to test.
' Wrote:Since when cant a Battleship dodge a mortar, i do it constantly in Osiris.

I'm not in a battleship, and the NPC's spawned by missions do not use mortars. The issue is with razors, missile spam, and pulse guns, all of which can quite easily hit a carrier or osiris from 3k away, while the npc's themselves remain invisible to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5