Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thank You Note
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.::Incoming Transmission::.
Message to : Whom it May Concern
Comm ID: Yev Lightwing, Shipmaster, (]c[)

Dear Elder Sephardi and the Brotherhood,

We would like to personally congratulate you on your 50th Anniversary and wish you a long, happy life in the days ahead. May you and your company of brothers and sisters prosper for all the years to come!
The celebrations all around Crete were explosive (literally) and it was truly something to see thousands and thousands of people crowding the streets and cheering your name. Quite a sight that was and we were glad that we managed to make our final delivery for the day before the crowds dispersed. Your men stationed outside of Crete were also very hospitable and courteous as we brought shipment after shipment of culinary products from Gran Canaria.

Quote:ZG.01: Hello Topper.
(]c[)Cedar.Edge: hey, Yev, how goes it?
ZG.01: Greetings to the TBH. Happy Birthday to your Leader.
Skyelius[TBH]: Thanks, buddy.
Skyelius[TBH]: Where are you headed?
ZG.01: Bringing Food to you know where.
Skyelius[TBH]: Very well. Stay safe.
ZG.01: Yes.
ZG.01: Thank you.
(]c[)Cedar.Edge: *waves* hi, yev

Quote:(]c[)Emerald: Ahoy here come another shipment of food
(]c[)Auzawandilaz: and green eyes
(]c[)Cedar.Edge: food for Crete!
Banco[TBH]: All food transports, our home is open.
Banco[TBH]: Clear to land.
(]c[)Auzawandilaz: or yellow eyes, i dunno
(]c[)Cedar.Edge: gracias, amigos

Please give Skyelius and Banco our regards. Their behavior is the kind of trait that distinguishes them from numerous Independent Corsair pilots I have encountered near Crete.
We would also like to present you with a small sum of 50 million credits as our appreciation for the festivities you hosted that day. We know it isn't much but we hope it will alleviate some of the costs spent on feeding the people of Crete -- we read in the local News that you used much of your fortune to pull it off. On that note, an interesting thing occurred that day. We were making Food deliveries with Ivan Hermano and upon greeting the Trademaster on Crete we were told that Zoners and anybody who wasn't Corsair or Kusari, were to make their deliveries around the back in a seperate line. The Trademaster then looked at Ivan and asked if we were all together. Ivan nodded and Eris bless him, told the merchant to "quit screwing around and unload the food before I get pissed!"* We paid the Trademaster *very* handsomely for his trouble and headed for another round. It wasn't until Ivan left our group that we received a Text message from Frank Zamboni, our head of Research, and were quite embarrassed as a result:

Quote:(]c[)Crals: The news said something about
(]c[)Crals: Even shipping in luxury stuff form Kusari
(]c[)Auzawandilaz: the foodprice?
(]c[)Auzawandilaz: where? what news?
(]c[)Crals: Didn't say from wehre or anything
(]c[)Crals: I found it
(]c[)Crals: it's about Shephardi's birthday
(]c[)Crals: Celebration
ZG.01: That's why the food prices are that high?
(]c[)Crals: Erupts across the planet
(]c[)Crals: Yep
(]c[)Crals: apparently he
(]c[)Crals: 'is using his fortune to subsidize food shipments'

Well, I for one doubled over and laughed for a good long minute. You see, our HQ is stationed on Freeport 15 and OSI's office is on Freeport 9. We awoke that morning to find out that all of our food supplies were missing. Gone completely. Mr.Duke of OSI called in and reported the same thing on Freeport 9. No food shipments anywhere. Nada. Then, Reisiger Duke called a representative on Ames Research Center who in turn contacted a representative on Crete and reported that Food sold on Ames would sell for 4K per container on Crete! Pesky food from a Research Station sold for 4k a piece on Crete?? All of us were astounded. Assuming the worst, we immediately set a course for Gran Canaria, the one place we knew would NOT be out of food. On our way I hailed Ivan and told him in a fit of panic, "Quickly. There is a mass starvation on Crete," for what else could it be? I can only imagine the look on his face when he discovered the truth. Dear Ivan, if you happen to read this, we are terribly sorry for jumping the gun. I for one, am still embarrassed however the citizens of Gran Canaria are not.

Overwhelmed and overjoyed by the incredibly high prices for which he purchased their food, both Zoners and Corsair farmers of the Enclave on Gran Canaria send Elder Sephardi their warmest, fuzziest feelings and bunny shaped pillows. The Consortium would like to personally thank the Corsairs for extending a friendly hand to their neighbors, the Zoners. For over 9 months, the ZTC has brought food to Crete and Cadiz on a weekly basis, and has more often than not donated the profits made from those sales to Corsairs. We will continue to do this in the years to come. And now, you may be pleased to know that all of our deliveries will come from no where else but Gran Canaria -- the greenest, most fertile place on this side of Sirius.

[Image: Grancanaria.jpg]

Sincerely,
the Zoners Consortium.

P.S. If the Brotherhood will provide us with their Bank Account number, we will be more than happy to transfer the 50 million.

* Ivan confirms the quote