Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tremont Miners Station
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Message to all Miners on Pennsylvania]
[From : Sig Nathans , Owner of TMS]

Mr. Nathans stepped into a crowd of reporters after entering the docking bay of LNS Gettysburg. He solemnly approached the podium and cleared his throat.

"We're still sorting out some of the details," he paused, "but... and I'm sure you've all heard. Tremont Miners Station has been attacked and almost destroyed in an attack by an unknown assailant. Together we have recovered data from the wreckage and are working with the LN to piece together the mess."

Cameras flashed.

"There were no survivors in the incident."

Nathans looked away and then back to the crowd.

"It seems that in the violence that ensued, the current organizer Mr. Daniels was also killed in the attack. It appears as though initially the command center for the station was severed from the main station as it exploded. However, in the minutes it took the LN to respond, the glass fractured and unfortunately the section was compromised."

The crowd seemed nervous from hearing this when suddenly Nathans picked up again.

"Other sections of the ship were utterly obliterated. The hanger was decimated with an explosion of H-Fuel which ripped through the main bar and dance area. The luxury rooms were also torn open in this explosion. The medical bay and the engineering wing were compromised because the station had not enough time to react."

"That's all for questions."

Mr. Nathans walked through the silent crowd to his shuttle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: TMS Update
Patched - Sirius News and Commerce ....all the news that's fit for you....
Houses: Liberty

Despite the attack on Tremont Miners Station, Nathans later assured the public in this trying time that the station would be rebuilt. He gives the project two days for clean up, and five for the construction process. However, work will begin right away for the new station. It is expected to be running in five standard days.
Sig Nathans appears on the camera.

"Miners! We are back online, and with a better array of protection... before the incident."

Nathans takes a breath.

"Tonight we have a jazz band, and if your not into that type of stuff drink yourself to liking it!"

Nathans takes an awkward chuckle then silences himself.

"Remember that we also have rooms for rent. We're glad to be back to serve you miners!"
Troy Looks listens to the report, knowing very well how close this attack was to his mining operations. Recently Troy have signed a few contracts with ZMC, Universal, and independent merchants and seeing this broadcast prompted him to send a mass message to his vendors.

With the message completed Troy sits on the Philadelphia station lounge and gets a dry drink.

Bar Tender: Rough deal out there?

Troy: What?

Bar Tender: You're a miner, from the attack?

Troy: Nah I avoided that whole mess, I got a good line in.

Bar Tender: Oh, So you just work for yourself? Or a Company?

Troy: Myself, I might work for the locale mining companies, so far i have offers from ZMC and LPM.

Bar Tender: Well thats good at least there are jobs out there, with the war and all I'm worried that they will draft pilots.

Troy: Heh good luck Liberty with that one.

Bar Tender: Haha I hear ya well I'll let you be.

Troy: Thanks heh have a great day

Bar tender: You too.

Troy walks over to the window in the direction of his field of operation. With a smirk on his face he thinks to himself, "I can't wait to finish my mining operations here, buy a yacht, invest money and retire early and live life to what i want."
Vincent walks towards the bar room door on the newly re-built mining station. He clutched his back as a sudden surge of pain ran up his spine. He hobbled and made it slowly to the door, the handle was stiff and he gave a silent laugh as he came to the realization that the door had the same problem as him, to much work. He descended into the bowls of the bar and took the first vacant chair he saw with a sigh of relief. A bar attendant approached but he waved him away, he didn't need a drink tonight. He began to relax and he could feel the taut muscles in his lower back slowly ease off to allow him to lean back into the chair. The music reached his ears in faint waves as the crowd around him struggled to hear one another. After only a few minutes he could stand no more. He rose to feet and made for the door, as much as he needed to relax he also needed some peace and quiet.