Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Post from [IND]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:There was repeated, over and over again, here on these foruns, that the trader is not the same as the fighter. You cant use, for example, a pirate for a personal revenge against another pirate who attacked your trader, as this is a common practice for PVP servers. Verginix also said something about that. And Caylith said she was attacked in his IND trader by a Phantom.

Im not siding with anyone here, but I want to known, in clear terms, why the IND, the biggest trader faction on the server, is above such rule, a rule that is not only dictated by the common sense of the players, but also by the server rules themselves, that state clear that non-RP attacks are not allowed, RP here being understood as "role playing", obeying to restrictions imposed by factions allegiances.

I want the truth now.

And the truth will be known by a lot of people. People who got some interest in discovery and want to play it online. As Igiss said, there were more than 5000 downloads of the mod. 5000 people playing, and only some few players in the "official" server, and they still want to have even more few people. What is this? The official server or some kind of a snobbish club?

I want this coming from Hoodlum himself. Not from Nightfall, Supernova or from any other, but by the IND leader. And after that, Hoodlum and his friends will not need to worry about me here, as youll not see meagain. Already five or six players leaved the server, and im not counting the ones from the recent flames. I dont care, as my playing was great, even losing some battles.

I was digging some old posts and was impressed by the quantity of people who were playing and simply vanished after some flames. There was a guy who clearly stated there are two types of players: the common, standard one, and the one who is above the rules. And its always the "veterans" with the "you were not here when started", some kind of a cliche phrase to try to rid their opponents of their credibility, who keep the fires burning.

Hoodlum, this is nothing personal. Im just offering you the last penguim. Ive read posts of you that have some good ideas for the mod or for improvements on roleplaying, but since you are the IND leader, I want from you the following information: is the IND the supreme, ultimate, uber faction?

If your answer is affirmative, then the server is yours. Entirely. Everything. Including the pirates. The planets. The bases. The npcs. Just give me two weeks to conclude the story about the Bluedrop Connection, so that I can leave with some roleplaying. Two weeks. You will like this deal, really. You can ask Malaclypse to buy some champagne and start some party because one of the best freelancers in discovery is now leaving, and the name of the server can now be changed from Freelancer Discovery to Clanlancer Discovery, or Ganglancer Discovery, or Clublancer Discovery. The time is running.

Regards,

F Wolf

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1530

Pay particular attention to posts 9, 12, 13, 17 and 19.

This is a link for those interested in the connections between [IND] and the [GoR]. They were written the
best part of nine months ago when the server was in a bit of flux, and the factions were just being made
official, instead of just being a group of like minded people doing the same things under a different flag.
Both have been made invite only status to stop them becoming 'uber' factions of sorts.
I only need people prepared to roleplay seriously in them, and not get involved in personal things, this is
about a personal issue that goes back way beyond your time here F Wolf, and even with plenty of time
for him to sort his life out, the protaganist seems to think that he can act exactly as he sees fit in the
name of 'Roleplay'.
This I will not tolerate. I have already lost good players to his arrogant and self centred attitude ...
You will find most of the diplomatic stances of these faction are created on the forums, not in game, so
play can get along without loads of chat getting in the way on the server. We know where we stand ...
I have no problems with anyone else, certainly not with you Wolf, as your RP fits perfectly with your
characters, and interacts with those existing factions, along with most of the other factions ...
This is a roleplay server, and I have been here well over a year, putting a lot of work into backgrounds
and characters, and creating factions along the lines of NPC ones, so they can interact with anyone new
coming along, and bringing their ideas with them. I have imported nothing from films, TV shows or other
games. Just good old Vanilla Freelancer ...
Now if all the others cannot, or will not conform a little, its not in my power to do anything, save a bit of
wrangling diplomatically on the RP forums. This I do most of the time, in character ...
The alliances and other people's stances are becoming a little contrived and ill thought out, especially when
others have been in place for a considerable time. This you will see pointed out by the whole server when
new factions are created with certain convenient areas in mind.
Maybe I am guilty of checking these a little too much, but in situations like these, 'RP' is just used as an
excuse, when its personal, and very little else.
If anyone has a problem with [IND]s roleplay, or placement on the server, POINT IT OUT, don't whine and
bitch, and everything will be considered.
Till then I shall continue to expect my members to do what they do best ... Roleplay
And as for the size of the faction, everyone else get out and recruit, I'm lucky I don't have to ...
Their is nothing magical about [IND], we make money the same as everyone else ... Hard work and a lot
of effort concerning trade route profit.
The membership is actually a democratic decision between a lot of the faction, and will continue to stay that
way. I will not be dictated to by those unwilling to create their own ideas and make them work, and those
who have characters in lots of other factions, and are unwilling to keep their primary ones in existance.
So in short ... I'm happy with the way the [IND] is right now. If you see it as an 'uber' faction, there is
very little I can do. BUT I will not change it to suit everyone elses perceptions of what factions should be.
Trade makes this server, and all the characters, exist. Trading factions, as in the corporate world, are large
and powerful.

Fellow Hoodlum

F Wolf and Fellow Hoodlem Wrote:There was repeated, over and over again, here on these foruns, that the trader is not the same as the fighter.

Sorry could not help this but there is a lil loop hole that i found out a few days ago around this acusation.

Its called Privateering
Google Wrote:the privateer should be a victim----had ever been plundered by the player from other gild/clan

Privateering allowed to plunder any ship/transport in your enemy’s gild/clan/none player to fetch up your lost

Hehe lol

Just thought i would help out

P.S did not read the whole thread. Just about to go to bed. Also i said that i would not post in my leave. but i could not help my self, wanted to help out an old friend:)
<sanitized by majkp>
I don't give a damn about flying my ship last night with an [IND] tag. He still blew up my train with his pirate character without asking for money, cargo or even a warning! That is an act of terrorism in my book. Stop turning this against the stupid factions. HF (ummm...lane hackers, hello) was declared hostile by GoR for firing on 2 GoR ships.

I don't throw my weight around here about being a 'vet'. I am not rude to people, I have patience with people here. I use my Angel character to welcome new people and show them around. Oh right, but I'm still an elitist bitch who thinks she's better than anybody!!! I forgot! (um, sarcasm)

I have told him time and time again to leave me alone. RP be damned when it comes to him. You guys have a problem with that and I'll PM you the reasons. It's been going on for far too long with him and I. Hell, I deleted all of my characters and left the server because of him. If he had asked for money, I would have given it to him and been on my way. I trade! So I expect to be pirated. HOW THE HELL AM I EXPECTING TO BE ABOVE THE RULES??? I DIDN"T BREAK ANY RULES!!! HE DID!!!

I am sick of you people defending someone or something that you know nothing, NOTHING, about. Again, you want to know about it, you PM me.

Jessica out!
Jess, Hon,

We won't allow this to happen again. The Shikikan was also essentially fired upon by Supernova under a "diplomatic flag" during that Honshu farce with QV's "kidnap attempt". QV claims ignorance, to my knowleged did not discipline Super, and now seems to be defending him.

Consider this a formal petition to Korrd, Igiss, and Nightfall:

I, Malaclypse, regardless of Faction, length of time on server, frienships, enmities, or other consideration hereby request that Supernova and any incarnations thereof be permanently banned from the Discovery RP Server, and from these forums.

He is repeatedly demonstrated his inability to RP, his disdain for the wishes and the rights of others on this Server to enjoy the game without his continual interference.

He has no business here.

Respectfully,
Malaclypse

(The above will be posted in a separate thread. Don't you dare leave us again. Doug)
Dear Admins,

I second the motion proposed by my colleague, Malaclypse 666.

The one called Supernova has created nothing but trouble, flame-wars. bad RP, and players leaving, since he came here. He is the most accomplished people driver-away I have ever seen.

I do hope that the admins will take this into consideration, and ponder this situation.

Flyer

Come on people, we don't need a lynch mob. Calm down everyone, it's being discussed.
' Wrote:Come on people, we don't need a lynch mob. Calm down everyone, it's being discussed.

Respectfully, Nightfall,

Not a lynch mod. I watched that develop on the server the other day when "God-Orricho" shot the poor noob. the Norwich wanted everyone on the server to assemble in Texas with torches and pitchforks to do the lynching.

This is merely an attempt to express the "sense of the Server".

The "Petition" thread is created. I can't delete it. You can if you feel it's a "lynch" attempt.

i didn't see a "poll" option.. Perhaps because I created it in the wrong Forums.

Your call, Night,

I'll go with it.
No problem Mal, the admins are discussing it.
Thanks for the answer Hoodlum. Please provide the information from your post, including the link, in the faction status page, including a diplomatic stance with GoR.

The faction status page is one of the first things some player checks when coming to the server. You cant expect people for digging old posts, as the flames are very long. Btw, was hard to find your answer to my question in the middle of this mess.

Providing information in the faction status page might prevent some people from any mistake. Im certainly dont want to change your roleplaying, but my decision was made. It will just take some time.

Regards,

F Wolf
Pages: 1 2