Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Logs of the SS Joyride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Junker Ship Database
Search: SS Joyride
Searching...searching...one link found.

Ship Information

Ship Name: SS Joyride
Ship Type: Junker Salvager Frigate
Crew Compliment: 100
Captain: Johnathan Travis Hatcher
Co-Captain: Martin "Marty" Andrew Anders
Co-Captain/Bomber Support: Katheryn "Kate" Mary Hatcher
Engineer/Fighter Support: Trisha Rose Anders

Loadout: Two Gunboat Battle Razors, Four Cerberus Gunboat Turrets, One Adv Countermeasure Mount
Shields: Standard Class 7 Freighter Shield: 100,000 Capacity
Hull: 160,000 Base Hull with, VIII Upgrade to 400,000 Total Hull Strength
Amendment by Trisha Anders: Upgrading to Cap Armor Soon. Will update when completed.

About the Crew

Johnathan Travis Hatcher

[Image: JohathanHatcher.jpg]

Birthday: April 3, 775 A.S.
Hair: Gray/Brown
Eyes: Brown
Weight: <strike>None of yer business!</strike> 172 lbs

Born and raised a Junker, John never was the brightest light in the bunch, but he always had a knack for tactical knowledge. When it came down to life or death, Johnathan always knew the best route, the best tactic, or the best idea to get them out of the mess. He was raised on the Junker Frigate "SS Joyride" along with his father, Ralph Travis Hatcher. His mother, died when John was only an infant, and was a continued reminder to his father that John was all he had left of that life.

When John was old enough to leave the care of his father, he purchased a Pirate Transport, which he named the Juggernaut, with his money and met up with Martin Andrew Anders. The two didn't like one another very much at first, and still done, but the two relied on each other to keep the ship flying, and they did a damned good job of doing so.

It was during these years that John met a Liberty woman by the name of Mary Rose Karter. The two fell in love with one another and dated many times before conceiving a child sometime with in two years after they met. The baby girl was born Katheryn Mary Hatcher, named after John's mother. Soon after she was born, Mary was killed in a Nomad attack on New York while she was passing through a trade lane in route for Manhattan. He'd never fully recovered after she died, and many believe that he fully lost his mind after that.

Recently, John's father passed away at the age of 96, leaving the SS Joyride to his one and only son. John, being upset at his fathers death, came back for the funeral and picked up the ship on his exit of [CLASSIFIED]. From there, they began their adventures.

Katheryn Mary Hatcher

[Image: KatherynHatcher-1.jpg]

Birthday: December 31, 800 A.S.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Weight: Never ask a woman her weight.

Katheryn is the smartest and most level headed one of the four. Although she has other career paths in mind, she knows that she has to take care of her father who isn't the most sane person in the world. She was born on Rochester right at the end of the Nomad wars that nearly caused an entire Sirius war. Growing up, she was always with her father on his smuggling runs. She learned the ins and outs of the pirate culture and smuggling culture as well.

Once she reached 15 years old, she realized she wanted to learn how to pilot a bomber to protect her father's pirate transport. John, her father, wouldn't have anything of it. He felt that a woman behind the controls, much less his daughter, was asking for trouble. However, against her father's wishes, she purchased a Roc Bomber with her cut from the smuggling missions. She named it the "Sacrilegious" and parked it down on Mactan with a Hacker IFF and ID (after much convincing of the Hackers there).

She now flies with her father and Marty aboard the SS Joyride, always hoping for some action.

Martin Andrew Anders

[Image: _Hop_on__by_yamiza-1.jpg]

Birthday: March 22, 777 A.S.
Hair: Grey/Blond
Eyes: Blue
Weight: 170 lbs...ish...

Martin Anders, also known as Marty to the others, had always wanted to be a smuggler from the time he was a small boy growing up in Liberty. From the time he could walk, he always remembered setting out on his parents patio staring up at the ships flying over Manhattan. When the Nomad war kicked off in 800 A.S., Martin knew this was his chance to get into space. He took a job in the Liberty Navy and took to the stars.

Several months later, he was almost infested by a Nomad parasite by his superiors. He fled Liberty, towards the border worlds and hid on Rogue, Hacker, and Junker stations, laying low until the war in Sirius blew over completely. Once it did, he met a man named "Johnathan Hatcher, and the two realized the potential each other had flying ships of the larger size. The two didn't like one another by any means, but when the two were together flying one ship, nothing could stand in their way.

During their travels, Marty met a woman in Bretonia by the name of Emily. She never told him her full name, but the two spent a night neither of them would ever forget. Several months later, she showed up again while Marty and John were in Sigma-13 at Yanagi trading some cargo. She was carrying a newborn girl in her arms and handed her over to him. She didn't say much, only that she had to "disappear". Marty never heard from her again after that, and raised his baby girl on his own in the confines of the Juggernaut. As time progressed, the little girl was discovered to have an affinity for mechanical parts and the workings of ships. She eventually became the engineer on board the ships they flew, and learned how to fly a fighter along with the ship when needed.

Trisha Rose Anders

[Image: dc04e3eb4cb2e25b.jpg]

Birthday: January 15, 804 A.S
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Weight: 82 lbs

The daughter of Marty, and one of the smartest little girls anyone has had the privilege of meeting. Well spoken, well talented in the working of ship repair and ship piloting, this girl knows just about everything you can think of about ships. Raised on board the Juggernaut and SS Joyride, she eventually became the engineer on board both ships.

She looks up to Katheryn as her older sister, including hating her for always messing stuff up. She is always having to fix the error's made by Kate while flying the ship, and hardly gets any sleep when things go wrong. The two can be heard bickering in the back of the ship, near the Engineering room on a regular basis.

Close Database?: Notify on new Logs
Understood. Notify on new Log listings...closing database...
First Captains Log of Johnathan Hatcher

Is this bloody thing on? I can't hear myself speaking through the headset...

*Woman's voice off camera* "It's on dad. Just talk."

Bloody hell. Very well. My name is Johnathan T. Hatcher and I am the new captain of the SS Joyride...after my father passed away very recently. Much to which I am still troubled over. The first shakedown of the ship with me as the acting captain was very rough indeed. We started off by leaving Puerto Rico and continuing the normal run we always do: Slaves out of Puerto Rico, and Cardamine back to Beaumont in Texas. Well, we got to Hamburg before things went to crap.

Had some do-gooder fella' tryin' to stop mah shipment! I think not! We ran and ran for what seemed like hours. The do-gooder kept sneezing into his mic on his ship because he kept spitting out gibberish every so often. Then he had the gall to call me a SLAVER! I AIN'T NO BLOODY SLAVER! I'M A JUNKER!

"Calm down, daddy..."

Meh. We eventually lost him, with much taunting and expert piloting as myself.

*Man's voice off camera* "*Snort* Yeah, piloting, that was what that was." says Marty.

SHADDUP MARTY! Now, where was I? Ah, we made it into Omicron Beta before I finally snapped at the thought of the bloody do-gooders trying to steal my cargo and kinda...hit a few rocks.

"Few?"

I SAID SHADDUP! We made it to Alpha and dropped off our load of Slaves before some Outcast fella had the gall to ask my Kathern if she was pretty! PRETTY! I won't let no Outcast date my daughter, not over my dead body.

"Don't say that too loudly daddy, one of them might do it..." Kate says.

Yeh...yeh good point dearie.

"Hey daddy? Turns out the mic wasn't on at all...we have to do it again..."

GOD D-

End Recording
Co-Captain's Log: Martin Anders

Seems like Beaumont can't take care of anything themselves anymore these days. Was called back from my adventures in Outcast territory to come back and take care of Xeno and Bounty Hunter problems around their base...and me being one of the Salvagers in the Junker fleet, I was picked for this rotation to come protect the base for a while. Dernit. Although, they did permit me to get some turrets from [CLASSIFIED] once the entire thing was over, so I can't complain too much.

The first two went down without a hitch. Was refreshing to see the big fiery explosion things go up in a white bit of smoke...or...no smoke because we're in space...

The third one was annoying as the bloody Bounty Hunter ships kept dodging my attacks and then an Ion storm hit the ship with furious force. So now we're stuck in this Ion storm, with no power, and only the lucky socks on our feet to give us any kind of luck.

Anyway, the Ion storm is letting up now. I'll be replying to this a bit later when I have the time.

End Recording
Co-Captain's Log: Katheryn Hatcher

Well, lets see. I'm hiding in my room right now because Trisha wouldn't leave me alone. Kept asking me for help back in Engineering and I'm in no mood to get my hands covered in grease. She may like getting all dirty while working on the ships engines, but I don't.

I guess we're heading back to
[CLASSIFIED] again. Dad's going to try to talk some of the equipment sellers down there into letting us buy some new turrets for the Joyride. Trisha seems absolutely excited about it, it's not very often she gets to work with the weapons systems because they're all pretty much in good working order most of the time...except when Dad or Marty gets a missile turret stuck in one of the armor panels and blows a circuit down below in the avionics bays.

I guess I shouldn't give the kid too much of a hard time, she is a kid after all and practically like my little sister. Guess I may as well help her get these turrets equipped...that is, if they let us buy them...

End Recording
Engineers Log: Trisha Anders

If it's not one thing, it's another, I swear.

Trisha, fix this. Trisha, repair that. I'm 13 years old you idiots! I have other priorities at this age! GAWD! Anyway, we flew through some restricted space today I think, had a few run in's with the police and had to high-tail it away from them before they caught us. Luckily John and my Dad are both excellent pilots, so we were able to shake them off before we made it to the Zoner system where we dropped of all of our cargo for their shipyards. Then we high tailed it back up to Alpha and sat down for the night. But not before we purchased a whole bunch of new guns for the
Joyride, guns which I had to re-equip on to the ship...more work for me.

Didn't get any sleep by the time everyone got up and as we left Malta, Katheryn decided to increase the output the engines generated so we could make better time back to New York, which overheated the emitter coils and fried two of the engines...which made more work for me AND got us there slower. Stupid
[CENSORED] should leave the engineering ideas to the people who have two brain cells to rub together.

Well, now I have more work to do on no sleep. Good thing I have coffee...even if it is made by Kate...

End Recording
Captain's Log: Johnathan Hatcher

Well, o'r the past few weeks, we've been strip minin' in the debris field near Trafalgar Base in New London, cleanin' up the scrap aroun' those parts, makin' the space look prettier for the royalty and such of Bretonia. Not that I'm doin' it for them, I'm doin' it for mahself and the pay that it gives. A station some distance away, that I'm not goin' to reveal in these logs, gives a mighty nice chunk'o'change for the scrap that we pick up, and Bretonia gets cleaned up at tha same time.

Tha reason I'ma recordin' this here log, is because of somethin' Marty and I saw a week ago while scrappin' the field. Normally, we sit up by tha jumphole back into Leeds because it's pretty easy to collect scrap with tha holes magnetic field and such. Anyway, while we were minin', somethin' blue and oddly shaped came through tha hole. It hovered there, just in front of us for a few minutes, we didn't know wha it was. It was like it was givin' us a once over. We tried communicating with it, but all it did was kill tha bounty hunters attackin' us and then it zoomed away towards the planet closest to us.

Now, the question...
[font=Tahoma]John's face grows serious and his English gets considerably better as he says this.

Are the rumors true? Do these, Keepers as they're called, really exist? Or has being in the scrap fields really driven me insane?

End Recording