Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: HOW TO ATTRACT MORE PLAYERS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
' Wrote:cuz this is the money-maker community, the one that actually matters in terms of mod development.

Ladies and gentlemen.... above is the perfect example of a hypocritical statement, made by the ever eloquent, masternerdguy. On behalf on all English Majors, I thank you for giving us such great learning material.
' Wrote:Ladies and gentlemen.... above is the perfect example of a hypocritical statement, made by the ever eloquent, masternerdguy.

plz dont make nonconstructive posts ty
You irritate me.

Also, this is not the other servers. As far as I know the other servers are not run by the Admins or Devs from the official.

We don't NEED more people, you're obviously just looking for something to argue/complain about. Begone.

And yeah, someone lock this thread. Or delete it.
Cant delete a thread. Stop the flames. [color=#CC0000]LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE MWERTE!!!

and IBTL
' Wrote:WE HAVE LESS THAN 200 PEOPLE ONLINE AT A TIME ON EVERY SERVER
we need more people badly.

No.
No we don't.

That is wrong.
' Wrote:plz dont make nonconstructive posts ty

This is one of those rare occasions where "NO U" actually applies.
100% agreeing with Sprolf here. The goal isn't to attract as many players as possible. The goal is to have fun playing and developing a great mod.
After watching how these trailers were filmed I gain a *tiny* glimpse of the work involved to make a great one.

It is not enough to film a couple of fights.

The whole thing, camera shots, angles, storyline (even a 2 minute trailer has to tell a story) everything needs to be planned, storyboarded, filmed, voice over and music added and edited together.

It could be a very fun project but it is not something that would take a day to do. I suspect in experienced professional could do it in a couple of days but I'm not aware of any professionals that are available at the moment.

For an amature production I expect this would take multiple months to do.

The promo I'd like to see would include the following things - and other things:
- A short story (I dunno, a freelance miner who turns to ore piracy and is later betrayed and then killed by the corrupt LPI)
- Parts of the story are explained by in game chat. Even better would be voice overs - but in game chat would be good enough.
- Carefully planned fights to maximise explosions, effects and numbers of ships.
- A slow bit and a fast bit; scenic parts and exciting parts and a supporting musical score that rocks.

The reason the -nohud option exists in the mod is because I want to see more films.
' Wrote:plz dont make nonconstructive posts ty

Your saying this entire topic is "constructive"

Ha!

All you've simply done was criticize on how "boring" our current trailer is. criticize and compare. Actually... all you've done is criticize the mod in it's entirety. You keep comparing it to Eve (another game) and other mods. if you don't like the mod as is then wait a bit, it'll change, move and develop. just like a person, a community, or a nation would, it will change in due time. It's a slow process. however, if you are simply not capable of such level of patience, then go buy eve, or get those other mods, and gtfo. simple as that.

I've not seen one plausible solution from you about any of your "proposed" changes. They are more like wish lists that children write in the hopes that Santa will give it to them for Christmas. Mostly ending with "that would be cool" and "this idea is epic".
Instead of this torrent of dreams, you should present your issue, propose Ideas to correct it, a process (that is plausible and makes sense) on how you would go about correcting it, ask for input, if need be; repeat the 3rd step of developing your process until a general consensus of agreement can be made. that Is how constructive criticism works.

If you didn't like the current trailer, you could have said so, proposed a new script, or brought forth your own trailer; cut together with the same professionalism the original was presented in. (all of his cuts were put through real video editing program (final cut pro, etc...)).

you should have phrased it as thus:

Quote: Although the current trailer is a good start, I feel that there are certain things that would have been better/that I would have liked to see/that the video could have used.

[list of your ideas, how they would fit, other details]

Cannon's post is a great example of how you should have proposed your idea, instead of insulting someone else's work. And THAT is what ticked me off and most likely created this entire slew of crap and flames.
Cannon, people say I can do I mean 'This summer' Voice over.

Just sayin'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6