Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DarkOps-Arnouphis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Deep in the Omicrons, on a distant shipyard, somewhere, somehow, this lunatic of a scientist and gearhead managed to pass his flight exams and tests to pilot the ship of his dreams, the Resheph. Beyond all expectations of his flight drills instructor, the man was one of the youngest scientists to persue space-borne research to aid the Order. To the dismay of his instructors, he never learned how to shut his mouth for more than a few seconds. As his first order of business, he splashed the hull with a unique name, "DarkOps", like any young twit would. It wasn't long after taking the name of a famed historical figure from Earth, he spotted a captain of a much BIGGER ship glaring at him for stealing the name, and thus he changed it accordingly to what it is now, a lesser-known philosopher of Earth's Egyptian lore, Arnouphis.

Having tested himself against Nomads and the wiles of space's unexplored regions near Order's systems, he felt confident enough to finally make something more of his ship and begin "Games and Theory", or in long, wargames to predict, counter, and altogether make the enemies of the Order, the Nomads, obsolete with superior tactic and technology. Though himself having long scrapped his dreams of siphoning the Black Hole from the Outcast systems, or somehow recreating it, he is content with formulating superior A.I. routines for missile and torpedo technology. Soon enough he may gain his potshot at fame for making a weapon that actually doesn't kill the one shooting it and everything around it, but that day may be in the not so distant future.

Though an accomplished orator and known rabid gearhead, he's placed himself as captain of a vessel largely controlled by his own A.I. designed system, one he respectively calls Twiggy, being the A.I. was originally made to control greenhouses and agriculture, refitted to identify all enemies as weeds and viral spores, and respond with weed killer and countermeasures in the form of canon fire and torpedoes. Though seriously, the basics of the fuzzy A.I. he has built was indeed, made for much simpler times. Though the man himself, a crimson-headed, red eyed, gene-spliced little bastard has unleashed his creative and intuitive potential upon the Order, both at their regret and boon, to create unconventional weaponry and design technologies to counter Nomads as they evolve.

He is Varyell Hierodous, and he's DarkOps, the stuff the Order wishes they didn't have to talk about at board meetings about why there was a massive exposion the size of a planet off somewhere in Kappa... and he's here to stay.
DarkOps-Arnouphis

Captain/Commander/Head Research and Development: Varyell Hierodous

Head Medical Officer: Doctor E. Brown

Head Security Lieutenant: Gunnery Seargent Hart

Lead Comms Assistant (The guy who shuts Varyell up.): P. A. Chekov

Core A.I. Conciousness System (Sanity in the madness.): Twiggy

The vessel designated as DarkOps-Arnouphis is an Order Recon Cruiser, Resheph class, refitted for scientific and mild combat duty. While it tests an array of experimental weapons, it is a known warning to all personnel on board that ALL unknown substances are not to be touched or stepped in. Loss of skin, or limbs, is up to crew awareness, loss of life is up to Death. As experimental weaponry is tested at all hours on board, the ship's emergency lifepod exits are all brightly colored and highlighted and must be memorized in the event of some invention that manages to blow the ship in half at any time. The torpedo bay is off limits to anyone not designated for loading and maintainence, if you are accidently launched into space, be sure you have your VAC-Suit handy so that we may retrieve you and reinstate you to duty. If not, you will be cremated and ashes spread across Toledo's northern ice cap.

In the event a biological lifeform, a Nomad, gets loose, all personnel are to report to scanner regions or risk being shot on sight by the security personnel as we will assume you are now Infested and a liability. If you wish to be caputred alive for dissection and study, indicate so by assuming the "I surrender, dissect me" position as labled in page 567-E/12y of your handbook (who really reads that page?). Enjoy your time on board the Arnouphis.