Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Chronicles of Luke Spencer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Denial

You have one new message
Finaly! Luke Spencer was eager for this message. He awaited the application review from Liberty Navy for a month now. It was his fathers wish and his own dream to join the ranks of Navy.

Dear applicant #26406C (Luke Spencer),
Unfortunately, we have to inform you that you have been rejected from Liberty Navy. You have not passed the psychical tests and are considered too aggresive and quick-tempered which might cause problems in future.
In addition to this, all of above mentioned findings will be sent to all military and peacekeeping forces in Liberty space, thus you will be prevented to apply in any of them.

At this point, Luke stopped reading. Aggresive? Quick-tempered?!? What the hell do they mean by this? He grabbed a lamp next to him and full of anger smashed it against a wall. Ill show them agg His brain caught up with his emotions. Oh was all he said before he went to the dinning room for lunch with his parents.
„What was the noise, Luke?“ Asked father. Luke sat down by the table, „Nothing, I just accidentaly pushed a lamp over the table. I’m going to clean it later.“ The lunch went in silence.

„And did you get the application review allready?“ Luke thought, „should I tell him I was rejected? How will he take it? It was his wish. And mine aswell. He spent too much time helping me get on the academy. He would kill me.“ „No, not yet,“ he answered. „It’s been a month allready. I’ll call them and ask them about you. Looks like those lazy fools in their luxury offices forgot about you.“ Luke panicked, „No, dad, don’t. What will they think of me? They just have too much workload, that is all.“
Later that day, Luke went to the pub with his friend to unload himself and maybe ask for some advices. „So you are afraid to tell your father, because you think he would kill you?“ „He will. He put a lot of effort and money in me getting me on the academy.“ John leaned against the wall. „And what are you going to do about it?“ Luke stared at the wall while trying to find out a single solution. „I don’t know at all. Looks like I’ll have to tell him one day.“

John looked deep in Luke’s eyes and said, „why don’t you run away? Become a freedom fighter? You might even get a chance to kick those Navy butts.“ Luke’s emotions once again went ahead of his brain, „those BASTARDS! You’ve got the idea. I’ll kill 'em all,“ he raised his fist and then hit the bar so strong it cracked a little. Few heads in the bar turned his way. Luke calmed down. „What do you mean, ‚freedom fighter‘? Like freelancer?“

John smiled insanely, „not really a freelancer. You know,“ he leaned towerds Luke and whispered, „I’ve got a few connections within Liberty Rogues and…“ Luke pushed him away, „no, I don’t want to have anything with criminals.“ John finished up his liberty ale and said, „very well. But if you’ll change your mind, just call me.“ He lowered his voice again. „We could use new skilled pilots,“ and left the bar leaving Luke alone with his wistful gaze.
Next day, Luke was having a luch with his parents again. He was nervous a lot. Father asked him with questioning look, „are you ok Luke? You are pale and you’re shaking a bit. Are you sick?“ Luke took a deep breath. „Father,“ he started with a trembling voice, „I… I’ve got to tell you something.“ His father raised his eyebrow „Is it about the Navy application? Did you get it at last?“ That made Luke even more nervous. „No… I mean yes,“ he dropped a fork, „crap. Oh, sorry. Yes, it is about the application. Well… I was rejected.“

Luke was frightened while watching his father freeze. „Rejected. After all I’ve done for you. It cost me a lot of money and effort. And NOW you tell me, you were REJECTED?!?“ he crushed the cup of tea in his bare hand. „Son, you better run away and never return or, I swear, will rip off your dull head. I don’t want to see you EVER again. GO!“ He screamed at Luke. Luke’s mother tried to calm his father down, but she ended laying on the ground after father pushed her away.

Before Luke left the house, he sent John a message: „Meet me at the Red Light bar ASAP, please, I need your help.“
Questionable Connections

So you reconsidered my offer, if I understood correctly? John had a big smile on his face. My father He He almost killed me and my mother aswell in his frenzy. I cannot return. Those rogue guys look like they could have a good hiding spots, dont they? Indeed, they do. How do you think they would survive if they didnt know all the inhospitable places in Liberty? Luke ordered ale for both of them and waited untill the barmaid was out of hearing.

And, earlier, you said you could get me in one of their places. John quickly answered: No, I said I have connections there. Maybe, Im one of them. That is not important now, because I dont know if I can trust you. Youll have to prove yourself. Luke grabber Johns shoulders shaking with him. Whatever, tell me what to do, Ill do it. Please, you have to help me. I dont want to stay here anymore! Hey, easy now young man, John tidyed up his clothes, it wont be easy and you wont like it.
Are you serious?? H-how could this even cross your mind?!? Luke lost control above his emotions again, drawing some attention to them. Calm down, or you can forget about our deal. Do it, or let it be. Luke didnt know what to do. Just why should I kill my father?
John drinked deep of his ale: Because you need help. And I need you to prove yourself so I can trust you. Youre asking me to take you to a Rogue base after all. I can give you one of my blasters Ive got back on my ship. Luke was about to start crying. All right, Ill do it.
Luke aimed at his fathers head. Hmpf, death from behind. Why did it come to this? I need help. Yes, I must do it. But not like that. If Im going to shoot my father, Im not going to do it in a cowards way.

Dad. Lukes father turned around to see his son aiming at him with a gun. Luke! What does this mean? Luke couldnt stand it anymore and started crying. Im sorry father, I have to do it. Its the only way. He raised the gun. Wait Luke, what is going on? Why are you doing this? Didnt I always give you everything you wanted? It was your dream to join Navy and I put a lot of money in you. This is how youre going to repay me my efforts?

A tiny thought appeared in Lukes brain: Hold on, it looks like I didnt think something through But it was supressed by his yet another rage as he thought of Liberty Navy denial.
Luke pulled the trigger.
New Game

When Luke finaly recovered from his deep depression and he was just depressed, he asked John: Where are we going? The ship dropped off the trade lane halfway to the Norfolk Shipyard. Do you know those stories about a hidden Rogue base somewhere in Badlands? It really exists. And thats where were heading. Thats why I needed to be sure I can trust you.

Wait, THE Badlands? How are you going to find a base in this more then epicly huge asteroid field where scanners dont work? Isnt it too dangerous? John laughed. If it wasnt dangerous, the Navy would allready destroy the base. And how I find it, I cant tell you. Maybe if Rogues accept you, theyll share the secret with you. Now hold tight, were entering the Badlands!
John checked something on console and then said: Were here. Luke was looking around in the darkness occasionaly lightened up by the unending ion storm. I dont see any base around here. John chuckled and pointed at large asteroid in front of them. This is the base. Its asteroid, that means it can drift. I told you its well hidden. Buffalo, this is John Dylan. Im requesting permission to land, Im here to meet few friends.

Why is everybody staring at me? Whispered Luke completely nervous at the moment. Youre wearing I love NY shirt. Your face glows red, are you ok? Luke made sound which could be described as *gnzzhh*, coughed and asked, where are we going to now? My friend can help you get all you need to be recognized as a Rogue ship, ID, weapons and he will sign you in their database.
They walked through what seemed a living quarter. It wasnt big place, but there was a lot of people. John stopped in front of one of the many doors and knocked. Somebody shouted with a swilled voice COME IN! The place was just 3 smaller rooms with a window providing an overlook of nearly whole living quarters, which was not much.

The man was smaller, little fat, bald and he stinked like mix of many alcohols. So, youre the guy John told me about, said the man, Luke right? Im Eric, but everybody calls me Ninetoes, you can surely find out why. Nice shirt by the way. They shaked hands. Nice to meet you Ninetoes. Not your stench, though, thought Luke. So Ninetoes, started John, do you have what I asked you for?
Pages: 1 2