Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Fate of the Archangel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
27 days ago...

**Michael is woken up from his sleep by a loud knock on his quarters doors**

"Who is it!? What do you want?"
"It is me Sir, Konrad."
"Come, come in."

**Konrad opens the door and enters Michael's quarters**

"What do you need?"
"I...ahm..Sir."
"Spill it out already Konrad!"
"You have received orders to report to New Berlin. For..i dont know how to put this..for Court Martial, Sir."
"WHAT!?? On what charges?!"
"I dont know Sir, here are the orders."
"Thank you Konrad, you are dismissed."

**Michael opened the orders as Konrad closed the doors and left**

MICHAEL VALEN,

YOU ARE HEARBY SUMMONED A TRIAL THAT WILL DECIDE WHAT ACTIONS, IF ANY, WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU FOR
IGNORING ORDERS.

IT CLEARLY STATED IN THE ORDERS FROM THE ADMIRALTY THAT YOU ARE TO STAY ON PLANET HAMBURG UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
YOU WERE NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOWED TO ENTER THE INDENPENDENT SYSTEMS, NOR ENTER SYSTEMS WHICH BELONG
TO OUR ENEMY, THE LIBERTY.

AS YOU HAVE ENTERED THE SYSTEM OF TEXAS WITH INTENTIONS TO ATTACK THE ENEMY ALTHOUGH YOU WERE GIVEN ORDERS NOT TO,
AND ENDANGERED THE LIVES OF YOUR CREW AS WELL AS INNOCENT LIVES THAT WERE ONBOARD THE TRANSPORT SHIPS THAT
WERE NEAR THE BATTLE YOU HELD WITH THE LIBERTONIAN VESSEL, YOU ARE TO REPORT TO COURT MARTIAL.

<div align="right]SIGNED
RHEINLAND ADMIRALTY

**Visually consumed with anger he throws the paper with the orders on his bed**

"I try to help the fatherland and this is what i get in return? A Court Martial."
"So be it, I will not escape from my actions nor my responsibilities."

**Heads over to the wireless and hails the Command Center and informs the Nav officer to plot a course for New Berlin**

While on his way to the New Berlin system, Michael received an encrypted message over a private channel. It was a message from an old friend of his, a traitor to the fatherland as Michael once thought, Nicholas, a former Military officer that served with Michael onboard the Battleship Westfalen. The two were great friends until Nicholas defected to a pirate faction, which name Michael never knew, and he was since considered a traitor and an enemy of the state by Michael.

::--INCOMING MESSAGE--::

MICHAEL, LISTEN TO ME. I COULD GET KILLED BECAUSE OF THIS, SO YOU BETTER APPRECIATE IT YOU F***.
THERE WILL BE NO TRIAL FOR YOU, NONE. YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN CONVICTED AND SENTENCED UNDER THE
ACCUSATION FOR TREASON. SOME F****** RHEINLAND POLITICIAN GOT KILLED WHILE YOU WERE IN TEXAS, AND THE PRESS
IS HAVING A FIELD DAY HERE. THEY NEED A SCAPEGOAT, AND IT IS YOU MY FRIEND. YOU WILL PROBABLY BE
SENTENCED TO LIFETIME IN PRISON. LISTEN TO ME, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO NEW BERLIN.

NICHOLAS

::--END OF MESSAGE--::

Michael was stuned when he read this and immediately tried to track the signal and he managed to get the signals code. Unsure if what Nicholas said was trued he contacted some people that he new in the Military. If Nicholas was anything, he wasnt a liar, and Michael knew that. He contacted his friend in the Military and he confirmed him this over an encrypted channel. By this time Michael ordered his nav officer to hold position in sector E6 of the Hamburg system until further notice. Unable to spend the rest of his life in prison because of something this stupid he went to Vierlande prison and ordered his crew to stay there. As much as he wanted to stay out of prison he did not want to endanger his crew in any way. Seeing as Rheinland no longer cares about him or his dedication to the Military, Michael decided to help his fatherland in the only way he knew, in combat. So he entered the Texas system and waged a guerilla war against Liberty and its corporations.

He was hitting Liberty in any way he knew, raiding supplies, attackig military convoys, and managed to remain hidden in the far reaches of the Texas system. Until Liberty got sick of his actions and ordered the Battleship Mississippi to track him down, and destroy him. They managed to track him and his gunboat with a help of a Freelancer, that reported Michael's posistion to them. They found him and asked little questions. The Battleship captain oreder full salvo fire on Michael's vessel and soon destuction was imminent.
Michael managed to escape on one of his escape pods, the Battleship sensors couldnt have picked up the escape pod because of all the debris that remained of the gunboat, and Michael was left drifting in space....

25 days ago...

**Michael recording his log**

"This is it i guess."

**Looks at the escape pod oxygen indicator**
**00:02**

"One thing i.. **Breaths heavily** ..regret..is that i couldnt **Heavy breathing continues**
do more for my home."

**Heavy breaths continue as he closes his eyes into unconsciousness**

"Charge it to 250."

**Charged**

"All clear!"

**Respirator electrecutes Michael bringing him back to life and he begins to cough and grasp for air**

"We got him, hes alive. Take us to Beaumont base."

"Who are you? Where am i?"

"Dont talk. You are to weak. We are the Junkers. You are going to be ok."

**Michael falls into a deep sleep as the ship proceeds toward the Beaumont base**

23 days ago...

**Michael waking up in a hospital**

"What? Where am i?"

"Calm down mister, you are in the Beaumont base sickbay, you will be ok."

"Thank you...for saving my life..."

"Rest now."

21 days ago...

Michael has been on his feet for 2 days now, thinking what to do and where to go next.
Seeing his only option is to contact his friend Nicholas. He used his military skills to
break into Beaumont base communication office and send a message over a secure channel to the signal
code he remembered from before. After a while he got a message back over a private channel. It
was from Nicholas.

::--INCOMING MESSAGE--::

I SEE YOU ARE ALIVE. THANKS TO ME. CANT LEAVE YOU ALONE CAUSE YOU END UP GETTING YOURSELF KILLED.
I WILL ARRANGE A TRANSPORT TO PICK YOU UP AND BRING YOU TO VOGTLAND BASE, OF THE RED HESSIANS. THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHOICE,
YOU MUST HAVE REALIZED THAT BY NOW. I WILL SEE YOU SOON OLD FRIEND.

<div align="right]NICHOLAS
::--END OF MESSAGE--::

Later that same day a transport came by, and Michael was discharged from the sickby and was free to leave.
He boarded the transport and not knowing where he is going he still went into space onboard the transport.
By his arrival to the Vogtland base Nicholas was there to greet him

"Michael, you world class f*** up."

"Nicholas, long time no see. I see you havent changed either, still ugly as hell."

**They looked at each other with what would seem hate in their eyes, until bursting into laughter and huging each other**

"Come Michael, we have much to discuss."

**Nicholas took Michael to see the Brigadegeneral of the Red Hessians to speak about his future here**
**The three exchanged words and discussed Michael's future here**

"It would seem that an enemy of my enemy is my friend now would it?" - the Brigadegeneral spoke

"I sure hope so." - Michael replied "Sir."

"Well you are on the Rheinland KOS list, and you have been declared an enemy of the state. So i guess
you wont be going back eh." - the General bursted into laughter

"I would like to have him on my ship Sir, i trust him."

"Oh you would?"

"Yes Sir."

"Would you trust him with you live."

"I would Sir...him and I...we go way back..."

**Michael looked Nicholas in his eyes and said thank you with his look**

"Fine. Take him with you. We shall see how he does."

"I wont disapoint you. We share the same goal." - Michael said "Sir."

3 day ago...

"This is the Red Hessian gunboat Erzengel entering the system. All friendly units please report."

"Sir....*Static*ed assi*Static*ce near Casab*Static* large numb*Static* sair ships *Signal lost*"

"You heard our boys, plot a course for the Casablanca station. Power up weapons. Shields online." - Nicholas ordered

"Aye Sir!" - his XO replied

"Michael are you ready for this? Feels like old times eh?"

"Ready as ill ever be Nicholas."

**They aproached the Casablanca station only to find a debris of Corsair and Hessian ships**

"XO, track the cruise signature of ships who left the battle."

"Yes Sir. We have a reading. The proceeded toward the Walker Nebula."

"Sir we are receiving a hail on a Hessian encrypted channel."

"Put it through."

"Erzengel..help us..they are holding us captive on a transport..we havent reached the Battleship Fes yet..hurry..we."

"The signal was lost Sir.

"Set a course for the Walker Nebula, we are getting our men back."

Once they reached the Walker Nebula they found a wing of bombers and fighters waiting for them. It was a trap.
The Corsairs forced one of their prisoners to give them the encrypted channel frequency, they druged him.
The Erzengel encountered heavy resistance, and the wing of bombers took their shields down quickly. And began
to target their main systems, engine, comm system, weapon system, and the bridge. A nova torped detonated
close to the bridge and Commander Nicholas was killed. All other crewmembers turned to the XO for orders.

"Sir what shall we do?!!"

"Sir!!!"

**The XO froze up under the pressure**
**Michael decided to take things into his own hands, and save the lives of these people**

"I am taking command as of this moment. Full power to the shields. Engines to maximum. Transfer auxilliary
power to the shields. Lets get the hell out of here. Gunners man turrets manually. Take down those bombers!"

"Uhmm."

"Do it soldier!"

"Yes Sir!"

Present day....

The Erzengel was considered lost until today. Michael managed to get it to the Dresden system, and landed
on Vogtland Base. The ship was barely holding on. It was in terrible shape. But Michael saved the lives
of these soldiers, and managed to save the gunboat, along with the gunboat nav maps and confidential data.

Because of these events Michael requested an audience with the Brigadegeneral....