Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Open Letter to the BPA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Sirs and Ladies,

Today an old friend and I were visiting more old friends in places we had not been to in a while when we were openly harrassed by two erstwhile members of your establishment. Now normally i would hove to and allow the BPA almost any request they wish to make, being, as I am, an upstanding member of Her majesty's government. Alas today I was rather in a hurry and in no position to stop, had I been able to I assure you I would. However this is not about my apology more about the crass manner in which I was treated. I do not expect discourtesy from any member of the BPA, BAF or any other institution of Her Majesty Queen Carina, neither do I expect her name to be impugned after I have invoked it.

Both of these I have experienced this day and I am most assuredly not amused. BPA officers should be respectful in all that they do, not as these two were.

In future I would expect Bretonian Officers to act in a manner that befits the crest each of them carries on their uniform.

Yours in disgust,

Lord Gregory Bayliss.
~Incoming Transmission~
Source: Commander Lucy Silsbury
Priority: Normal

Dear Sir

I find it hard to comprehend that such places that you were 're-visiting' were eighty Klicks directly upwards...
That is indeed where I chased your companion.
I also find it hard to understand how a sight-seeing trip warrants the evasion of BPA officers. This open avoision of a cargo scan leads me to be quite concerned about the contents therein.
Need I remind you that it is the assignment of the Bretonian Police to detain and deal with any smugglers within our borders.

Also, having the ear of our Queen and being a member of the House of Lords does not have any bearing in the eyes of the law.
If you are breaking the law, you are a criminal and shall be dealt with in such a manner.

I am disgusted that a member of society with your status could imagine himself above the laws that both I, Inspector Savins and yourself have sworn to uphold! As mentioned before, even the Monarchy is held accountable by the law. I fail to see your insinuation of discourtesy as anything but a weak attempt to make yourself seem less culpable by trying to portray that comment as a slight on our Queen…

You are in no way obligated to receive special treatment from the Bretonian Police Authority, the same as any other person. Indeed, if such treatment existed, I am quite sure a member of the House of Commons would be more deserving of any favoritism then one such as you!

Now listen carefully Lord Bayliss, I believe that one such as yourself deserves the long arm of the law grasping you in a headlock rather than a friendly embrace.
If you comply with Bretonian Interstellar Law and halt on command to be scanned, you will be treated with respect and civility. Being 'in a hurry' is no excuse for circumventing the law.

However if you attempt to avoid us and indeed threaten us with abuse of your power then any respect for you is lost in my eyes and the eyes of my fellow Officers.

Yours with the maximum amount of civility I could summon.

Commander Lucy Silsbury

Bretonian Police Authority

~Transmission Cease~
Commander Silsbury,

As to why my companion chose that route I can have no idea, however it seems we are both flustered and whilst you seem to believe we are smugglers, we choose to believe you are a discourteous harridan. Obviously neither opinion is correct, so in order to re-forge ties with the fine constabulary Bretonia has to offer I shall endeavour to have my ship the War Footing, named in obvious reference to our current struggle against the vile Kusari menace, pass through New London this day and perhaps we can discuss our various merits and deficiencies whilst your scanners do their work. Of course in future dealings with the BPA I shall work to be as accommodating as possible, however I can assure my duties for Her Majesty's Government are by no means trivial and occasionally mean I have to deal with rather undesirable chaps you may not like.
Quite frankly I don't like them much either, but there you have it.

Bretonia Prevails,

Lord Gregory Bayliss

P.s. Parts of your reply were as discourteous as I remember you being in Newcastle, do try to keep it polite in future.
Incoming Transmission...
Origin: The Hub, New London
Subject: Complaint

Well, quite a while since we've had a complaint.

Lord Bayliss, I would assume a man of your stature would be familiar with the motto of the BPA. Incorruptible would be a part of that. Though we appreciate the work you do for Bretonia, we cannot allow corruption to seep into our highest parts of government.

As a member of the House of Lords, I am sure your business was rather dire. Simply halting for the scan and giving a small explanation of what was occurring would have been well enough. The BPA doesn't delve into politics, just law keeping. I would ask the same amount of courtesy from you as you would expect from us.

However, you complaint of improper conduct will be reviewed and acted upon as such.

~Police Commissioner Douglas Palmer

Transmission Closed...