Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Annette and Maria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Annette closed down her ship's Neural Net and looked over at the Sabre. It was an off-the-peg model, but still as deadly as they always are. The woman who stepped out of it was tanned with ripping muscles that immediatley contrasted Annette's skeletal frame. She got out of the bomber and went over to her. "So, you're Maria?" she said.
"Annette! Glad you could come. Let's go to my room, it'll be safer there," the Outcast said. They quickly walked to Maria's room. It was a basic place, with an excersize machine in one corner. "It's not much, but it's done me well for 17 years,"
"You're only 17?" said Annette. "You could have been in your 30's. Not that it matters,"
"It really doesn't. Now, what I am about to tell you must not be repeated, OK? If you have to tell anyone about it, cover things up," replied Maria. "Your father, Jake Donut, was on an early Corvo model during the Nomad War. The ship's name was the Roblonio, under the command of John Shedletsky. I picked up the manifest a few weeks ago and viewed it. The ship was destroyed by Nomads as it entered Omicron-99, but only one person escaped. Maria Donut, the youngest person onboard. Her escape pod made it back to Omicron-90 and was picked up by an Outcast patrol, the leader of which was Aurealio Garcia. She was picked up and raised as an Outcast. Guess who,"
"By Eris! I think I remember hearing about it... I was told there was an accident with a radiation leak on Sparta,"
"Lies. The truth could have been leaked and the Zoners would have been obliterated,"
"Why?"
"The Houses don't trust Zoners with anything bigger than a bomber. Back then, capital ships would have been seen as a threat, but whether to House interests or the Nomad takeover, it wouldn't have been clear. If anyone asks, I was caught in the experiment that caused the radiation leak and sent to Malta,"
"Understood,"