Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "Canned Fighters"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever had that new member join and spend like hours setting up their rep when they want to get into the game and RP? Well, I had a very good idea that can make use of the /movechar command.

A completely separate account with ships already created on said account with the correct ID, Tag, weapons, and ship. When the new members joins, they simply move the character to their account with the correct everything and two million to change their name to what ever they desire. For example:

-[CoC]-Canned.Ship1
-[CoC]-Canned.Ship2

And so on and so forth. Was just an idea I had that pretty much makes sense and gets your new members into the game faster than they would have normally while setting up their characters for the faction.

~Leo
If I got your point right (new members as in new characters or totally beginner players?), this can be managed with setting up a larger shop in the ship market. I don't think anyone would spend his time to set up a ship and give it away if no money comes in and/or giving a fully geared up ship to a total beginner player is not the most adequate idea, seeing the conflicts the lack of experience could cause. Also, note the /restart command, if nothing else, that gives a good stepping stone for repping.
A.C. Merc used to do this for trains when he ran RepEx. It worked well so I like the idea, to say the least.
For immediate new members, I can see a problem. I'm saying for when members gain enough of a ranking to acquire ships in question. There's no way that I'm just going to "give out" a fully equipped Raven's Talon that cost 30 million credits and an hour to outfit.

For new members, maybe a HF that only costs 10 million, or less.

~Leo
I was planning on doing this with the IMG for a little while, so I ended up with half a dozen accounts in order to do that, although, I eventually sold em for about tennish million.