Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Series of Events
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Drake looked across the ragtag group in front of him. An old friend. A drunkard. A loser. Just detritus that hapened to float through Alcatraz on an off day.

But today they were more. Because now, they were his crew.

He moved his eyes down, a smirk coming onto his face.

"Well, well...welcome to my new ship..."

He swept his arm, averting their attention to the bridge controls. If one didnt know better, it looked like a death trap.

"From here, yer gonna make sure the's thing doesn' fall apart. Frome here, we're gonna take what we ish, an' always come home."

They all exchanged glances. It was as though they were asking "Is this guy insane?. He chuckled at the thought.

"Now, I'll be tellin' yea' how 'ets gonna work. Samantha, yer my first off'cer, an' yes, tha's jus' because ah'' our history. Smi-..smit..er.."

The younger of the two men spoke up.

"Smiteteson, captain"

Drake's face stuck, a look of shock and confusion on his face

"Screw it, I'll call yea' Smitty. Yer on weapons control. An' finally, you."

He pointed to the middle-aged man, standing in the corner.

"Rhonin, 'es 'et? Yer on maintenance control an' pilotin' the's hunk ah' metal."

They all nodded. Not like they had a choice. None of them had anywhere else to go in life.

"Now, off wit' you."

The two men sauntered off to their quarters. However, the woman stayed behind, going up to Drake when the other two were gone.

[i] She spoke in a soft voice.
"Yea' know, yea've come along way, Drake. Looks like I was right when I gave yea' those cred'ets"

He sighed. Those memories stung too much.

"Please...I need a lil' time ta' myself...have Smitty check tha' new fighter bays..."

She smiled. "Aye, sir"

[i] When she was gone, he sat down in his captain's chair. As he stared off into the stars, his pet, Fuzz, laid down next to him.

Even with all the calamity and uncertainty quickly sucking him in, he was oblivious. For the first time in a long time, he was calm.