Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty's view on Bretonia - Kusari War?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hey folks, I query thee. What is Liberty's view on the war with Kusari and Bretonia? Are they just in a hissy fit about it or are they actually attempting some sort of 'Peacekeeper' action in order to 'protect' the innocent?

I have a little RP idea where Liberty send a small task force to either Holmon Station or Freeport 6 to make sure that refugees and civilians are protected and the general 'peace' is kept outside of the actual military skirmishes.

I would think they'd like to keep some economical ties alive since Liberty is a House of commerce, capitalism. If one side falls, it loses a customer.

I conclusion, would Liberty send a small task force to protect the peace but stay the hell out of the actual fighting between the Houses? A sort of UN peacekeeper force that Houses acknowledge.
I guess so, as much as they would love to assist Bretonia, I guess they are too busy warring with the Rheinwehr to help out military wise, and that would harm diplomacy with Kusari...

But a sort of UN helping out refugees sounds cool...
The Liberty Navy's first and foremost objective is to protect the economic might of Liberty.

That said, I doubt the Navy, or the Liberty Government would get involved in anyways unless their economy will be affected.

Since the Bretonian Government is paying, by themselves, any ship that takes refugees out of their systems, this could be a good economic venture for the Libertonians, but if the Liberty Government tries to profit from this, they could easily be accused of trying to profit from war. Also, Kusari might not want to let those refugees go because they may consider them their own citizens, once Leeds is captured and all.

If Liberty does decide to begin investing in the rescue of refugees, this could create problems if a Rheinland trader, or even possibly a Rheinland Government chartered transport comes in contact with the Libertonians in Bretonia.

If Liberty does chose to 'profit' if you will by rescue refugees, relations with Bretonia and Rheinland could boil, as Rheinland could accuse the Bretonians of supporting the war effort against Rheinland too much, since the funds acquired by the Liberty Government from rescueing the refugees could very well be used in the war against Rheinland.

The way I see, if Liberty wants to rescue refugees, they may have to make a deal with the Bretonians that they will do so without profit (in RP of course).

As for a 'Peacekeeping' force, doubt that would happen, there would, by a minimum, need to be a ceasefire in effect with Bretonia and Kusari, which doesn't seem possible at this stage. Even if there were, Liberty's resources would need to be directed against Rheinland, even though they out gun Rheinland by 2 - 1 Rheinland still poses a serious threat since unlike the Colonial Remnant, it is a superpower.

The only way I see Liberty joining the war against Kusari would be if the economic situation in Bretonia gets so bad it begins to affect, greatly, the Libertonian economy. Of course that would come at a price since they wouldn't be able to trade with Kusari anymore.

Honestly, I doubt Liberty would interfere with their war, but this is just my opinion, other Libertonians may disagree.
Well, for starters, if these damn liberty lolwut siege cruisers/battleships/etc keep coming to Kusari, I think that we will have to have a war sometime soon >.<

For now - I believe Liberty has no choice but to be neutral, due to Samura/Kishiro bringing in key commodities from Kusari. On top of this, I haven't ever seen Liberty as a "peacekeeping" house, after all - they're still busy with Rheinland, aren't they?
if its non profet thewn id say kusari cant do crap to us else they make another enemy ,you forget liberty can if need be fight two houses simultaniously
I always saw that, through NPC politics, rumours, infocards and whatnot, that Liberty was closer with Kusari than Bretonia...

And as a note, Liberty outsourced its non-Naval shipbuilding to both Rheinland and Kusari. Now, with Rheinland gone, it's somewhat obvious that Liberty would want to be keeping good relations with Kusari.
it just occured to me the only way liberty would intervene is if it (the war)would lead to a sirian wide market crash or other cataclysmic economical event unless they pulled UN and as it was UN if a sirus "geneva convention" exists kusari couldent declare war on liberty as kusari hs hurting non combatants unless ofcourse kusaris going for genocide inwhich case liberty needs to make friends with rheinland and declare war on kusari
You don't engage a second front if you are already at war with somone, it's suicidal. Liberty must stay neutral in the Kusari-Bretonia war because of military and economic matters.
I see a hole in that argument, Kelt.

Look at what the Corsairs are doing...
And evidently they're fairly well at fighting the Hessians/Outcasts/Mollies/Hunters.
' Wrote:I see a hole in that argument, Kelt.

Look at what the Corsairs are doing...
And evidently they're fairly well at fighting the Hessians/Outcasts/Mollies/Hunters.

Corsairs aren't an House with specific economy and official army. You can't compare pirats and militaries.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6