Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Blood Dragons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Code Orillian Encryption detected...
Receiving decryption key....
Decoding transmission...
Opening Message...

[Image: 576600-edison_trent_large.png]

This is Trent, if memory on both sides serve, we helped each other somewhat during the war. Now I wish to help you while you help me once more. Scratch each others backs and reacquaint ourselves with old alliances.

I am no longer in The Order, I am roaming around with little purpose. But I wish to help your cause, to better Kusari, in a bid to save my home from behind enemy lines if you will.

I am currently close to your base, and I await a response soon. Anything else you'd like to know, I shall answer.

Message ends...
*Encryption bypass enabled*

I am repeating my message since the radio on my ship is rather antiquated. This is what happens to rushed equipment.

Is there and answer to my hail?

*Message Ends*
***New Message***

ID: Shogo Akuji

Fear not Mr Trent, our people haven't forgotten the service you performed, in helping remove the evil that was Tekagi.

I have passed your communication on to my superiors.

Oh and Mr Trent, welcome back to Kusari sir...

- Akuji

***Message Ends***
Ahh Mister Trent.

Good to finally meet you after all these years.

I am Shogun Sum-Gok-Li. Among my other duties I am head of our Nomad Research Unit.

Am I to understand that you have left the employ of the Order?

I would be interested in meeting with you. You still remember Ryuku Base?

Contact me when you arrive.
*Encryption bypass enabled*

I am now docked with Kyoto base, I shall await the arrival of the correct people.

I must help you to help me. I am no longer in the employ of The Order officially, but still keep ties with them.

*Message Ends*
Sum-Gok-Li is woken by his assistant.
"Sensei, you asked me to inform you when Mister Trent is among us?"

Rubbing his chin, Sum immediately starts to pick up his ears.
"Very much so! Please send him through to my chambers."

"Ahh, there is one problem Sensei. I am merely relaying a message from Kyoto. Mister Trent docked there half an hour ago."

Sum's eyes widened.
"What the? I gave this Order cretin SPECIFIC instructions to meet me on Ryuku! Get me Trent over the comms now!"

The assistant stammered over the comms.
"B-but Sensei, Trent is a legend among the Dragons. Even now he is being mobbed by fans and wellwishers. Kyoto tells me he will not be available for at least three hours. The Station Guard dare not arrest him for fear of starting a riot!."

Sum's face became Grim.
"Very well, prepare my ship. Sum out."

Sum thought to himself.
"Hardened Dragons behaving like schoolgirls at a 'Happy Koala Songs Hour' concert! This 'Trent' is proving to be as stupid as the last ex-Order agent who came to us, the female."
Upon receiving the praise Edison responds to the crowd,
"People, listen, while I'm sure you've heard great things about me. They are but stories of gold. There has been much sacrifice and loss in the actual events we lost many, many good people. Both heroes and people we now not of their name. But this I guarantee we will prevail, we are human, we are strong. I'm just another person, and so are you, if I can make a difference just being myself, doesn't that mean you're capable of greater things?

Now, I must get back to maintaining my ship. God speed everyone, and look out for one another!"
Edison Trent fights through the crows and makes it to the hanger gateway.

"So has there been any word about me seeing any of the leaders yet? Sure, I am a visitor and I am imposing but I'd like to see someone of authority. I just hope they don't think I'm here just because of my past deeds, and not of my current dilemma..."
Trent was still working on his ship when Shogun Sum-Gok-Li, and two bodyguards, entered the repair bay. Trent would have first heard the 'clank-clank' sounds of three sets of magnetic boots.

"Mister Trent I presume?" said Sum.

"That would be me, are you like someone in ch-"
Trent was going to state that he was relieved someone in charge had finally come to see him.
What he said instead was "Ow whats the big idea!"

Sum held in his hand a small remote, upon activating it the gravity in the repair bay was turned off. Trent immediately floated up and hit his head on part of his ship. his tools floated about him like so many asteroids.

Sum spoke, "Konnichiwa Mister Trent, I am Shogun Sum-Gok-Li. You were instructed to meet me on Ryuku. I wanted to have a quiet meeting, instead I come to Kyoto to find our home aflutter with rumours. Not to mention the sort of scenes one expects from a New Tokyo popstar!"

"Hey, I wasn't expecting any rockstar treatment, I just came here to help." protested Trent.

Sum's eyes narrowed "Why now, why after all these years. Has the Order not been good to you? They certainly have not been good to us!"

Trent folded his arms, still floating just the engines of his ship "Well as much as I would like to shoot the breeze with you Gok-Li, you kind of have me at a disadvantage here."

"More than you know Mister Trent. If it were not for the advice of my mentor, I would have had you imprisoned for showing up at Kyoto as you have done, but I have been asked to be lenient on you." Sum began to walk out with his guards.

Trent called out after Sum "And who might that be?" Trent was wondering if he would have to complete his maintenance in zero gravity - a royal pain without magnetic gloves.

"When you come back down, he wants to see you on Ryuku." Sum pressed a second button.

Trent hit the deck with a thud, his tools crashing around him.
"Celebrity is overrated" He muttered under his breath.
After the incident with the local Shogun, Trent prepared his ship for launch to Ryuku base. After the incident, the locals immediately got back to work with a rather... forced zeal. It seems a good nudge gets them back to work in their duties.
"Seems I stirred the hornet's nest somewhat, best not keep a Dragon waiting".

Trent made his way off the station in his Griffin and jumped to the Tohoku system, quickly docking with Ryuku base.

Upon landing he was greeted by two armed guards.
"Expecting trouble guys?"

The guards just stared at Trent and nodded their head to the door at the other side of the hanger. Trent began walking toward it with the guards in tow. Trent noticed that there wasn't too much going on in this base as compared to Kyoto base.
"So, I doubt you guys will be having too much fun in the bar these days huh?".

The guards then nudged Trent in the back, making him walk faster.
"Yeah yeah, I'll walk"

Trent then thought to himself:
"At least they got better manners than the LSF..."
"Ahh Mister Trent, do come in!"

Shogun Sum-Gok-Li motioned for the guards to leave.

"It is good to see you have found your feet." Sum could not help but give a wry smile at that one.

Before Trent could respond, Sum pulled out a chilled bottle.

"Drink, Mister Trent? Sidewinder Fang, I am assured it is a favourite of yours."

"Please make yourself comfortable. You say you have left the Order? I want you tell me about that..."
Pages: 1 2